Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 01:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
Minorities voting against anti discrimination laws. wait until the anti hispanic backlash hits the south hard. If you havent been paying attention its coming from the right flank.
There is nothing discriminatory about males using male restrooms and females using female restrooms.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:57 PM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Inside the loop and the west, southwest and some northwest suburbs went for it, but not heavily. Everybody else? Not so much.

Pedro's part of town turned out and said no. As did most everything east of 45.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:09 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Learn something: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empl...rimination_Act

Your proposition lost, get over it, or create a bill that the majority of Harris County voters will approve. It was rejected and poorly done. Good luck.
Doesn't change their point that you were making a false statement, but nice job just glossing over that..

Old 11-06-2015, 04:36 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Minorities (in particular Blacks) are still often uncomfortable with gay people partly because there are many who are evangelical Christians and who do not accept that homosexuality or transgender identities are not chosen.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:47 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Doesn't change their point that you were making a false statement, but nice job just glossing over that..
There ARE discrimination laws on the books. Maybe not the ones you want, but there are. Look, I know you didn't get your way, and that makes you mad. Probably throwing a tantrum...etc. Now, instead of whining on a forum because a majority of people don't think they way you do, why don't you try and do something constructive.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:49 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,242,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Minorities (in particular Blacks) are still often uncomfortable with gay people partly because there are many who are evangelical Christians and who do not accept that homosexuality or transgender identities are not chosen.
That goes for family oriented whites, Hispanics and Asians. The only real proponents of this are sterile, childless whites-- biological dead ends. When they breed themselves out of existence which way do you think the tides will turn?

Old 11-06-2015, 04:52 PM

74 posts, read 86,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
I'm glad to support that and to protect my own family members, friends, and co-workers.
Oh my friend, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Be careful. be very careful.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
There ARE discrimination laws on the books. Maybe not the ones you want, but there are. Look, I know you didn't get your way, and that makes you mad. Probably throwing a tantrum...etc. Now, instead of whining on a forum because a majority of people don't think they way you do, why don't you try and do something constructive.
Yea, but that's not what you said, not to mention the point you're trying to shift to now has been made multiple times. You said that there were already discrimination laws on the books to cover what HERO covers, but you know that's not true, you're admitting it yourself now. If you originally meant to state that you don't agree with LGBT protections and don't want people to misunderstand you, then perhaps convey the point you actually wanted to make the first time.

You can say I'm throwing a tantrum, but you're the one hurling insults and insinuating things about people. Yea I was Pro-HERO, but I wasn't part of your petulant back and forth. I'm just simply pointing out that you made a false statement. I have no doubt that there will at least be employment and housing protections on the books for LGBT individuals within the next decade, regardless of whoever wants to whine or gloat about the recent outcome.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:22 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
That goes for family oriented whites, Hispanics and Asians. The only real proponents of this are sterile, childless whites-- biological dead ends. When they breed themselves out of existence which way do you think the tides will turn?
Where do you get that? I am a white female with two children and 3 grandchildren. Most of my friends are other parents and grandparents and they all support anti-discrimination laws for gay and transgendered people. The bathroom issue is separate from the actual ordinance and I understand people being a bit uncomfortable with unisex bathrooms, but that's because gendered bathrooms are what they have been used to for about 100 years.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
You do realize sterile and lgbt people have always come from straight people right? This is by far the most ignorant thing I've read today. You have to be trying to get people riled up; I simply can't believe that you'd honestly think the survival of lgbt depends on existing lgbt individuals. Regardless of how people feel about them, or want to treat them, they will be around. Let us know when you feel comfortable enough to be a decent human being and ready to acknowledge their existence, perhaps even give them an even seat at the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston