Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 10:41 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,765,482 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile...https://abc13.com/3-shot-at-flea-mar...says/10838466/

https://abc13.com/1-dead-3-others-sh...vent/10836778/

https://abc13.com/woman-shot-in-ches...ent-/10836695/

https://abc13.com/driver-crashes-int...ting/10833778/

https://abc13.com/brothers-detained-...arty/10833888/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 04:18 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,981,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
BS...you wouldn't have this much time to create paragraphs if you were out there combatting crime in the city of Houston.
So you're going to claim I don't because I post on C-D, yet you do even though every few months you are on here asking if Houston or Dallas or some other city is better for your family. How many times do you need to ask?

Quote:
It's not dismissive...get your head out your shoot and get off the soapbox. Every city has a hyperbolic zealot on a message board pointing his/her finger at everybody else as if were the problem in this city.
You have a hilarious way of projecting man as I continue reading your long posts...

Quote:
I don't vote democrats or republicans. Sorry. And you talk about assumptions but here you go with them left and right. And yes this is the Houston section. I brought up a national trend in a rise in crime an you got your panties in a bunch. Prior to that all we spoke about was crime locally in Houston if you go back far enough. We've had several other threads on crime in Houston. None of this sh*t on CITY DATA will change the crime in the city. So yeah I can discuss other cities experiencing a rise in crime along with Houston. It's a fact. Are you afraid of the truth? There's no rules in what I can or can't bring up just because it's the Houston section. Boo HOOO City Data police
Post the assumptions then since you claim I made so many. I acknowledged the super obvious national rise in crime already but wanted to focus on Houston, since you know this is the Houston section. That's when folks like you wanted to continue to point out that other cities have had a rise in crime as if that's not already widespread news.

Now discussing this on C-D does not change/help things directly but definitely can indirectly. But you can't have those kind of discussions if all people want to do is say "x-city" also has higher crime. Well "x-city" doesn't have all the issues or ingredients that Houston has, which is why we want to talk about Houston in the Houston section when it relates to crime, not Baltimore or Jackson.

Quote:
My statement wasn't a "well other cities deal with it". You want to talk about comprehension skills. JESUS! I simply stated a fact

That's literally my first comment when bringing up another city. I said it's not something to be nonchalant about. It's a concern and other major cities are heading in the wrong direction as well. It's obvious your not the sharpest tool in the shed. Houston public education system maybe?
Did I say that was your statement? Nope! I was clearly speaking in general terms there and not specifically talking about you. So I'm going to add you to the reading comprehension issue list with Paraguaneroswag.

And is the bolded really where you want to go? Why do you get so hurt and then want to get personal about it, especially when you didn't even use the right form of "you're". What public school system did you go to? You write like this all the time but I never point it out because who cares, but since you want to stoop low for no reason then why the hell not? Lmao!

Quote:
Your post definitely imply that crime wasn't an issue pre-covid. You even stated it was going down yet it was still above national average. Patted Houston on the back for still having a crime rate above national average. I'm not making it up. You said it.

Don't think you even know what taken out of context mean since you literally did that all throughout this thread.
I literally said "crime was dropping pre-covid". How in the hell is that implying crime wasn't an issue? That's implying it WAS an issue still but thankfully was dropping as the economy was getting better. What is going on in your head to make some strange connection like that saying I actually meant it wasn't an issue? Everyone reading this can see how wrong you are about this one, it's not even funny. I think you're just saying that to try to bolster your argument but it doesn't hold because everyone can scroll up and see what I said does not match what you're trying to imply.

Quote:
More lies you tell.

Houston is ranked 3rd out of most populated cities in America when it comes to families living below poverty level.

Houston Family below poverty rate is 16%. Boston is 11.7% and San Diego has 6.9%.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ies-in-the-us/

Also Houston is ranked 3rd with people living below the poverty level when it comes to the most populated cities in America.

Houston has 19.7%, Boston has 17.1% and San Diego has 11%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ies-in-the-us/

Now this table has Houston and Boston "closer" both have a high percentage of people living in poverty over the national average. Houston has 20.6% and Boston has 20.2%. San Diego still sits lower at 13.8%.
The second link is what I used to see how close Houston-Boston-San Diego were, so how was I telling lies when Houston and Boston were in fact almost at the same level like you just posted?

And SD's poverty rate, though not as close, is still higher than the national average. Besides, if you knew San Diego then you'd know it doesn't have the poorest sections of the region, that's South County and East County: https://www.sandiegobusiness.org/sit...o%20Region.pdf

Quote:
Difference between Houston and Boston is Houston's ghettos are spread all throughout the city and metro and there's a bigger population of impoverished communities in Houston. Also it's a lot easier to gain access to guns in Houston than it is in Boston which could possibly be another factor. There's lots of factors into rising crime but hate to break it to you it's not just a Houston problem. And the issue won't be solved on City Data. If you have the answers please contact Mayor Turners office ASAP. If not get off your high horse.

Btw, if you look at this chart you'll see a pattern with the cities with the highest poverty rate on this list.

Detroit/Cleveland /Newark/ Memphis/ Milwaukee/ Philadelphia/ New Orleans/ St. Louis/ Baltimore have some of the highest poverty rates in the country for a major city and wouldn't you know these cities are constantly on the most dangerous cities list year after year. Poverty is not the sole reason but there's a clear correlation there that needs to be addressed if we want to lower crime in our cities INCLUDING HOUSTON.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/uni...ges-in-poverty
Again, why is Houston going to be grouped with those cities when Houston has a much better economy, is less dense, has higher income levels, etc. That's why I love it that my career revolves around improving people's pay. You may not like that FACT but I know everyday those things make a real difference. We received a grant not too long ago and asked the registrants to leave comments and I might even post them here later just to show you the difference the team has been making.

What do YOU do for Houston bro?

Old 06-28-2021, 07:43 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,629,417 times
Quote:
So you're going to claim I don't because I post on C-D, yet you do even though every few months you are on here asking if Houston or Dallas or some other city is better for your family. How many times do you need to ask?
Yes I'm going to make that claim and? And I'll ask as many times as I feel like it. Again who are you the City Data police? You take this forum way too serious. Clearly your a fan of my work. LOL

Quote:
Post the assumptions then since you claim I made so many. I acknowledged the super obvious national rise in crime already but wanted to focus on Houston, since you know this is the Houston section. That's when folks like you wanted to continue to point out that other cities have had a rise in crime as if that's not already widespread news.
I didn't continue pointing out other cities. I didn't start the conversation of other cities. I simply responded to a poster from another city and pretty much left it at that. And even repeated I'm not being dismissive in the post so people like you wouldn't continue to cry about another city being brought up. Clearly that didn't work.

Quote:
Now discussing this on C-D does not change/help things directly but definitely can indirectly. But you can't have those kind of discussions if all people want to do is say "x-city" also has higher crime. Well "x-city" doesn't have all the issues or ingredients that Houston has, which is why we want to talk about Houston in the Houston section when it relates to crime, not Baltimore or Jackson.
This is exactly how I know you don't do anything of significance outside of harassing people on CD. You really think City Data will indirectly make a difference on crime in Houston. What are you 12? Like I said earlier, please direct your post to Mayor Turner's office and see how far that'll get you.

Quote:
Did I say that was your statement? Nope! I was clearly speaking in general terms there and not specifically talking about you. So I'm going to add you to the reading comprehension issue list with Paraguaneroswag.
You literally made it a point to group me in that dismissive category on page 15.

Quote:
The comments are pretty dismissive when all you (not just you but others) do is bring up other cities that have rising crime.
Like I said, your head too far up your ass to admit you made a mistake.

Quote:
And is the bolded really where you want to go? Why do you get so hurt and then want to get personal about it, especially when you didn't even use the right form of "you're". What public school system did you go to? You write like this all the time but I never point it out because who cares, but since you want to stoop low for no reason then why the hell not? Lmao!
Here you are crying about why other cities are brought up in a forum about cities and I'm the one hurt? LOL And do I write like that all the time or do you just stalk my post all the time. Which one? I don't even know you exist beyond the bs your spewing throughout this post. I don't have time to remember Dab's habits on a message board. Lol

Quote:
I literally said "crime was dropping pre-covid". How in the hell is that implying crime wasn't an issue? That's implying it WAS an issue still but thankfully was dropping as the economy was getting better. What is going on in your head to make some strange connection like that saying I actually meant it wasn't an issue? Everyone reading this can see how wrong you are about this one, it's not even funny. I think you're just saying that to try to bolster your argument but it doesn't hold because everyone can scroll up and see what I said does not match what you're trying to imply.
USC is literally the only other poster that agrees with you. You've lost buddy.

Quote:
The second link is what I used to see how close Houston-Boston-San Diego were, so how was I telling lies when Houston and Boston were in fact almost at the same level like you just posted?

And SD's poverty rate, though not as close, is still higher than the national average. Besides, if you knew San Diego then you'd know it doesn't have the poorest sections of the region, that's South County and East County: https://www.sandiegobusiness.org/sit...o%20Region.pdf
Yet you said San Diego not South or East County in your original post. Goal posting are we?

Quote:
Again, why is Houston going to be grouped with those cities when Houston has a much better economy, is less dense, has higher income levels, etc. That's why I love it that my career revolves around improving people's pay. You may not like that FACT but I know everyday those things make a real difference. We received a grant not too long ago and asked the registrants to leave comments and I might even post them here later just to show you the difference the team has been making.

What do YOU do for Houston bro?
You do realize you randomly brought up San Diego and Boston first not me. You grouped Houston with those 2 cities because clearly they're doing things right and Houston's not. And please don't bother wasting your time trying to prove a stranger wrong on a message board. I won't waste my time posting up what I do offline to prove you wrong so let's not go there. It won't change my mind on your silly ass weird stance on this thread. But thank you for all your services to the city of Houston Clark Kent!

Old 06-28-2021, 08:22 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,981,215 times
Quote:
Yes I'm going to make that claim and? And I'll ask as many times as I feel like it. Again who are you the City Data police? You take this forum way too serious. Clearly your a fan of my work. LOL

I didn't continue pointing out other cities. I didn't start the conversation of other cities. I simply responded to a poster from another city and pretty much left it at that. And even repeated I'm not being dismissive in the post so people like you wouldn't continue to cry about another city being brought up. Clearly that didn't work.
Nah it just becomes noticeable when it is always posted lol.

Quote:
This is exactly how I know you don't do anything of significance outside of harassing people on CD. You really think City Data will indirectly make a difference on crime in Houston. What are you 12? Like I said earlier, please direct your post to Mayor Turner's office and see how far that'll get you.
<insert dumb and dumber one in a billion pic>

Indirectly it could but even then us talking about the reasons for Houston's crime increase could be helpful. City data is a big site so comes up one the first page of many searches. I've seen similar things happen on other forums in the past where a city official would all of a sudden join and post after reading through. Happens on reddit too so not unheard of (and I don't like reddit btw).

Quote:
You literally made it a point to group me in that dismissive category on page 15.

Like I said, your head too far up your ass to admit you made a mistake.
Pot meet kettle...

Quote:
Here you are crying about why other cities are brought up in a forum about cities and I'm the one hurt? LOL And do I write like that all the time or do you just stalk my post all the time. Which one? I don't even know you exist beyond the bs your spewing throughout this post. I don't have time to remember Dab's habits on a message board. Lol
Well you have several posts in this thread like that alone so that was enough. And like I said I only went there because for some reason you thought it'd be a good idea to swipe at someone's education.

Quote:
USC is literally the only other poster that agrees with you. You've lost buddy.
Nope might want to go back and reread.

Quote:
Yet you said San Diego not South or East County in your original post. Goal posting are we?
I was originally going off of the 20% poverty rate for those under 18 in the City of SD from the link I posted. And we know younger people tend to do more crime. I was they had the age 18-30 % numbers on that link too.

But see unlike you I am man enough to admit that I did overestimate the poverty rate overall in SD County, but that doesnt detract from my overall point that there are other areas with similar poverty levels as Houston but don't have as high of a violent crime rate.

Quote:
You do realize you randomly brought up San Diego and Boston first not me. You grouped Houston with those 2 cities because clearly they're doing things right and Houston's not. And please don't bother wasting your time trying to prove a stranger wrong on a message board. I won't waste my time posting up what I do offline to prove you wrong so let's not go there. It won't change my mind on your silly ass weird stance on this thread. But thank you for all your services to the city of Houston Clark Kent!
You just said you attended anti-crime gatherings so looks like this has already happened man. Appreciate the Clark Kent comment. I love my city for all its faults.

Old 06-28-2021, 10:23 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,629,417 times
Quote:

Indirectly it could but even then us talking about the reasons for Houston's crime increase could be helpful. City data is a big site so comes up one the first page of many searches. I've seen similar things happen on other forums in the past where a city official would all of a sudden join and post after reading through. Happens on reddit too so not unheard of (and I don't like reddit btw).
Look on the news Chief, Crime hasn't slowed down yet since this thread started.

Quote:
Well you have several posts in this thread like that alone so that was enough. And like I said I only went there because for some reason you thought it'd be a good idea to swipe at someone's education.
Use some common sense and tighten up on some comprehension skills and I wouldn't take a swipe.

Quote:
Nope might want to go back and reread.
Oh Ok Local planner agreed with one of your post and Swag agreed with your first paragraph and you pretty much lost him after that first paragraph. So yeah, even in that post he's sharing the exact sentiments me and others have made in this post. You and USC are the only ones that think is weird people bring up the fact that it's a rise in crime in other cities.

Quote:
I was originally going off of the 20% poverty rate for those under 18 in the City of SD from the link I posted. And we know younger people tend to do more crime. I was they had the age 18-30 % numbers on that link too.

But see unlike you I am man enough to admit that I did overestimate the poverty rate overall in SD County, but that doesnt detract from my overall point that there are other areas with similar poverty levels as Houston but don't have as high of a violent crime rate.
You admit you overestimate the numbers. Now you should admit you overgeneralized and oversimplified my points because you were in your feelings. You made the assumption that people were being nonchalant simply by stating a fact. Sorry bro but I'm in between other cities besides Houston. Nothing dismissive about it.

Old 06-28-2021, 01:02 PM

3,169 posts, read 2,058,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Yeah I think it's fascinating that Houston was quite literally the murder capital of the nation in the late 1970s / early 1980s when an oil boom was still on and the economy was phenomenal. You seem to think the answer lies in our culture. I was a kid at the time (junior high years) but recall endless news stories about bar fights that ended in stabbings and shootings. Are Houstonians just predisposed to handling arguments with violence?
I don't think its necessarily that we're predisposed to that per se - I think its more that the chances of suffering serious consequences as a result of violence (outside of the obvious potential consequence of getting injured/killed) is less here than most other places. Or at the very least, the perception of suffering such consequences is less. Primarily due to a lot of those factors I listed in my previous post (design of the city, libertarianism, lack of police presence, etc.).

Old 06-28-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Oh Ok Local planner agreed with one of your post and Swag agreed with your first paragraph and you pretty much lost him after that first paragraph. So yeah, even in that post he's sharing the exact sentiments me and others have made in this post. You and USC are the only ones that think is weird people bring up the fact that it's a rise in crime in other cities.
lol I didn’t realize I was in competition with a C-D fan boy. That being said, why would it matter if folks on a forum agrees with you? I’m not here to change your mind or to make you feel better about yourself, I’m just stating my opinion.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:32 PM

Suspect out on 7 felony bonds when committing this murder
https://abc13.com/mother-killed-1-ye...ing-/10850797/
Little girl had to watch here whole family get murdered smh
https://abc13.com/brave-10-year-old-...lled/10849790/

Remember this when early voting starts

Old 07-01-2021, 06:00 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,569,399 times
The triple murder in SW Houston is tragic; that little girl watched her family executed. That's something she'll never forget. The cops better find the shooter and throw him under the jail.

Old 07-02-2021, 07:07 AM

34 posts, read 31,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
The triple murder in SW Houston is tragic; that little girl watched her family executed. That's something she'll never forget. The cops better find the shooter and throw him under the jail.
He'll probably make bail and the cycle repeats itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston