Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 06:07 PM

789 posts, read 1,529,514 times

Advertisements

You know I change that. Steve is an American. He is just someone that was stationed there. And now he thinks he knows everything about everywhere.

And when was the topic about Houston versus Cebu?

And when have people not gotten paid on Friday and gone out drinking? you are really trying to make the people of the Philippines sound bad.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:08 PM

1,474 posts, read 5,001,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpar View Post
You know I change that. Steve is an American. He is just someone that was stationed there. And now he thinks he knows everything about everywhere.

And when was the topic about Houston versus Cebu?

And when have people not gotten paid on Friday and gone out drinking? you are really trying to make the people of the Philippines sound bad.
dude. really?

Old 03-17-2010, 06:10 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,022,027 times
Friday is payday for almost every working individual through out the world.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I do plan to visit the PH very soon...Manila, Boracay, Bohol, & Cebu. Many of my close friends here are Filipino so I know a great deal about the country. As a matter of fact, I saw the Pacquiao fight live at Dallas Cowboys stadium this past weekend. I even met/took pictures with Arnel Pineda, the *new* lead singer of the world wide famous 80's Rock band Journey who is also Filipino. He was discovered singing Journey cover songs on Youtube a few years ago & was immediately signed by the band because of his similar singing style with the original singer, "The Voice" Steve Perry.
may I call you little grasshopper then?
"METRO" Manila. outside Manila proper, if you value your life or really really need food from Manila chinatown.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Right. And so we have visitors here who don't know their way off the freeways so they are lined with Olive Garden and Denny's and so forth to appease these people. Turns out we're just like the rest of the world after all.

And to think people who live here want us to have a Times Square or French Quarter to bring more of these types into Houston.
I've realized one thing about people. They are lazy and spoiled as heck. They literally want everything to be placed in front of them. And they want the attractions to be bigger and better. A hole in the wall bar? Not for them. Some place where they can buy a souvenir? Yes please. I'm sure people in other places like Times Square and the French Quarter sometimes get tired of these people also.

Anyone ever notice that no matter what city you stay in, people from another city expect that your city is suppose to be Disney World when they get there?

Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
dude. really?
I'm suppose to say that to you, haha.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Friday is payday for almost every working individual through out the world.
yup obviously i'm not talking about those that dont really have steady jobs to party and shop sales at 2AM

Old 03-17-2010, 06:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,581,857 times
I'm so glad I'm Norwegian. Nobody ever talks **** about Norwegians.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:41 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,256,551 times
Quote:
I've realized one thing about people. They are lazy and spoiled as heck. They literally want everything to be placed in front of them. And they want the attractions to be bigger and better. A hole in the wall bar? Not for them. Some place where they can buy a souvenir? Yes please. I'm sure people in other places like Times Square and the French Quarter sometimes get tired of these people also.

Anyone ever notice that no matter what city you stay in, people from another city expect that your city is suppose to be Disney World when they get there?
Even way before Katrina, I felt that many parts of the French Quarter were beginning to feel like a Disneyfied parody of itself. A lot of the tourists don't seem to respect the culture and history of the district. They're just thinking about drinking Hand Grenades and eating beignets and baring their breasts and thinking that they experienced New Orleans. And it seems like a lot of the tourist oriented businesses down there caved in to those demands.

I made the colossal error of taking my cousins to The Gumbo Shop when I was down there a week ago. As much as I used to go to NO when I lived in Mississippi, I couldn't believe myself that I took them there. But we were hungry and tired after a long drive and I decided to do the easy thing and take them there. One of my cousins had never been to New Orleans and I thought that place would be a good introduction to Creole food for her. My bad.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:42 PM

116 posts, read 280,996 times
Quote:

A whole world of Disneyworlds - now that's scary.

I used to think that it was the Walmarting of America going on - I guess it's the Walmarting of the World. Remember Wall-E - where the whole world had been taken over by a Walmart-like company?

I will never forget being in gorgeous Venice, turning a corner and seeing a .......Burger King. Sorta spoiled the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston