Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 02:01 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,881,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
You must be from afar...
Probably not the best way to engage in conversation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 03:21 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,269,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
I have not heard these rumors.
The first time I heard anything about this was about a year ago, and my dad is the one that mentioned it. There have been a couple of articles written about it as well.....Cabela's looking at Huntsville area? Popular outdoors retailer in 'expansion mode' but won't talk specific locations | AL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Probably not the best way to engage in conversation...
Didn't you realize people in Birmingham know everything about what is going on in HSV....even more than those of us who live here

Last edited by LCTMadison; 03-13-2014 at 04:24 AM..

Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
You must be from afar.

Nope, I'm in Huntsville Alabama (not Huntsville Texas)

Quote:
You do realize that a market area is the reach that businesses have within a geographic area. In this case, someone in Dothan is as likely to go to Bass Pro in Destin as they are in Prattville. (Montgomery)
You do realize there is a Bass Pro in the Montgomery area, right....Nope I guess not. And TN (that's Tennessee)

Quote:
Alabamans outnumber all other people from other places on the Fla. panhandle. (the panhandle borders only one state; yes, Alabama) And you do realize that Alabama also goes to the Gulf of Mexico.
Link to back this up.....

Really, wow....You are amazing at Geography....

Quote:
They also own plenty of homes and plenty of businesses. So, yes it is very much in the sphere of influence of the shoppers from Alabama, just as the people along the coast come inland for serious shopping not available on the coast. (it is still a seasonal economy down there)
Not sure what you are even trying to say here.....but continue with your BS...

Quote:
Alabama's second largest metro area sits right on the border, so that alone accounts for an awful lot of interstate commerce.
Please provide the city you are talking about...with a current up to date link....

Quote:
I hope this clarifies what I meant for you. (no, I do not think Destin is in Alabama)

raj
Nope, you have provided that you have no clue...to be honest....

Old 03-13-2014, 10:16 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,087,914 times
Just trying to refocus on my original post that you took to other areas.

I was referring to the size of the new Bass Pro in relation to others that people from Alabama would be most likely to shop. And it included two that are almost equally distant from Montgomery. Spanish Fort and Destin.

Perhaps you don't understand the dynamics of overlapping market areas. There is one right there in the Madison County area. Many people drive from Fayetteville Tn. to shop in Madison County. They may be in another state, but they are also in the Madison County market area.

Something about my original post drew your negative attention and I regret that. And all because I am interested in the fact that Bass Pro is finally coming to Decatur.

raj

Old 03-14-2014, 08:32 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, I'm in Huntsville Alabama (not Huntsville Texas)
Then you should understand the proximity of Destin to Dothan and how it's shopping options could have an effect on the people living there.
Quote:
You do realize there is a Bass Pro in the Montgomery area, right....Nope I guess not. And TN (that's Tennessee)
He quite literally JUST SAID that people In Dothan may choose to patronize the Bass Pro in Destin over the one in Prattville. Do you realize that Prattville is Montgomery area or are you just not paying attention?
Quote:
Please provide the city you are talking about...with a current up to date link....
It is quite obvious that he is talking about Mobile. I'm guessing you want to fight over whether Huntsville's metro is bigger then Mobile's. If that's the case just come out and say It rather then be coy.

Quote:
Nope, you have provided that you have no clue...to be honest....
Your reading comp is atrocious. Or this Is just some sort of passive aggressive attack on someone who is just adding on topic commentary to an open forum.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,429,172 times
Since hairs are being split...according to City Data's stats, Montgomery is the second largest city in the state, followed by Mobile and then Huntsville.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:59 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,393,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Since hairs are being split...according to City Data's stats, Montgomery is the second largest city in the state, followed by Mobile and then Huntsville.

There is a difference between largest city and largest metro. Montgomery is definitely not the 2nd largest metro area in the state. There is legitimate debate whether Huntsville or Mobile is second, depending on what counties are included/excluded. Huntsville is second as of now, but the thinking is that Baldwin gets added back to Mobile if I'm not mistaken or some other technicality about which counties should be included where.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Just trying to refocus on my original post that you took to other areas.
I responded to what you wrote, you don't like what I wrote, don't write what you did...pretty simple.

Quote:
I was referring to the size of the new Bass Pro in relation to others that people from Alabama would be most likely to shop. And it included two that are almost equally distant from Montgomery. Spanish Fort and Destin.
Well good for you....

Quote:
Perhaps you don't understand the dynamics of overlapping market areas. There is one right there in the Madison County area. Many people drive from Fayetteville Tn. to shop in Madison County. They may be in another state, but they are also in the Madison County market area.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, because I answer your questions with snide ass remarks, such as you did to me, I don't know something....

And please, tell me what Madison County you are talking about? I want to be sure...because the Madison County I live in does NOT have a Bass Pro....

Quote:
Something about my original post drew your negative attention and I regret that. And all because I am interested in the fact that Bass Pro is finally coming to Decatur.

raj
Maybe the people around you are just used to you putting them down on a daily basis....and they just ignore all your remarks....

Your post absolutely drew 100% of my attention because of your snide remarks, all from my 2 word response...you thought you had to put me in my place, tell me about geography and other things that had ZERO to do with my response...

So, again, maybe you should re-read your responses before posting them, or if they are directed at me, you will continue to get the same type/style remarks thrown right back at you....

Old 03-14-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Then
Oh lord, here we go again....

Well, I deleted the rest...there is no sense in responding to this anymore...

I'm the bad guy....got it...

Does that make you happy....

Old 03-14-2014, 05:53 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,087,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh lord, here we go again....

Well, I deleted the rest...there is no sense in responding to this anymore...

I'm the bad guy....got it...

Does that make you happy....

No one knows if you are bad. But you do sound angry.
(and maybe my English syntax is not working well for the internet)

raj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area