Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:06 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,059,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Parker View Post
777X offer puts Machinists, Boeing at ‘rock and a hard place’ | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times

The membership wants a vote to take the deal. The leadership isn't wanting to do that yet because most of them consist of people that are retiring in the next few years (it's all about the pension). They don't care about the people that still have 30 years. Great leadership there.
That's pretty typical of unions. It's sad that the members can't see that. Their "leaders" line their own pockets at the expense of their members who have no choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 08:23 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,132,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
That's pretty typical of unions. It's sad that the members can't see that. Their "leaders" line their own pockets at the expense of their members who have no choice.
Once upon a time unions were necessary in many areas. With all of our laws now, they have outlived their purpose. They only exist to give the union reps and managers their place in the sun. With others $$.
In too many ways, they've become like a legalized mafia.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:20 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,059,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Once upon a time unions were necessary in many areas. With all of our laws now, they have outlived their purpose. They only exist to give the union reps and managers their place in the sun. With others $$.
In too many ways, they've become like a legalized mafia.
Most definitely. I used to work out at the Boeing jetplex, and there are some union people out there. It was sad to me that all of them to a person, did not have any drive to make themselves better or figure out how to get a better job, or move up in their career. They were all about their union contract and how everyone got paid the same and the same raise. It's actually very foreign to me. I don't want to be beholden to a millionaire union boss who is pocketing the dues to hopefully make the deal for me.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:36 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,038,329 times
I've lost interest.

Let me know if we get sidetracked and start talking about sautéed onions or something.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:46 AM

157 posts, read 195,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
I've lost interest.

Let me know if we get sidetracked and start talking about sautéed onions or something.
What is your personal sautéed onion secrets?

Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 AM

13 posts, read 14,716 times
Tater thinks we have a good shot at getting boeing here. Maybe it is wishfull thinking? Can't wait for the day we see the first 777 take off at Moon Town.

More important, I like to use a small amount of olive oil and simmer over low heat. Too many folks jack up the temp and burn the onion edges.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Salad View Post
Tater thinks we have a good shot at getting boeing here. Maybe it is wishfull thinking? Can't wait for the day we see the first 777 take off at Moon Town.

More important, I like to use a small amount of olive oil and simmer over low heat. Too many folks jack up the temp and burn the onion edges.
I like extra virgin olive oil and a smidgen of butter. Garlic powder and slightly salted. Damn good.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:49 PM

282 posts, read 688,063 times
I eat onions like I eat apples. Fresh!

Old 12-17-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro4ik View Post
I eat onions like I eat apples. Fresh!
With a piece of cornbread and pinto beans? Making my mouth water.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:55 PM

482 posts, read 991,697 times
Well, Boeing is doing a masterful job of putting the union leadership on their heels. Look for the plant to stay in WA. At least we got 400-600 jobs as a consolation prize.

Boeing machinists plan to rally for contract vote - Spokesman.com - Dec. 17, 2013
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area