Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 05:01 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,587,700 times

Advertisements

Hi All:
Now that we're taking the plunge and heading south, I'd like to find a great dance studio for my daughter (8th going into 9th grade). We get down there this summer--July 1. We're moving to the Madison area/Walden Preserve. She's not into competition dance. She dances for shows/musicals. She currently takes tap, jazz, ballet, hip hop and a technique class at an excellent studio with a company troup as well as strong emphasis on dance in the general classes. The director mixes in pre-company dancers with general dancers so the level of teaching is excellent for all the students.

I basically want to find a studio that gives non-competition dancers great lessons in dance as well.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 AM

871 posts, read 2,885,916 times
Check out Shannon's Southern Sensation's in Madison on 72 across from Kohl's. They do both competition and non-competition teams for everything you are looking for. My daughter takes non-competition tap and ballet with her. My wife does their adult tap class in the evening at a reduced cost for second family members - and loves it. The annual recitals are done at Bob Jones in May. index.gif

Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,587,700 times
Thanks a lot--I will. We are there at the end of May to close on the house. I love that they have adult classes too--might want to do that again.

C

Old 04-03-2008, 08:51 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
North Alabama Dance Center at Research Park is good. My sister (ASFA ballet alum) took her daughter there when she lived in HSV.

North Alabama Dance Center

Ann's Studio of Dance at Whiteburg and Bob Wallace are well-respected, just expanded their facility, and have been in town for years.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:19 AM

4 posts, read 20,251 times
Default Dance classes in Huntsville

It might be a bit of a drive for you, but Allegro Academy of Dance on Whitesburg Drive in Huntsville is an outstanding studio. They have an excellent group of teachers, led by owner Carol Jackson. They're performing dance troupe is one of the top in the north Alabama area, but they're focus is on all the students. They have small class sizes so that every student can have individualized attention. They don't have traditional recitals, but instead have an anuual performance where all the students perform themed dances. This year's is Around the World in 80 Days. Our past ones include Alice in Wonderland, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Cinderella, and The Wizard of Oz. They also have a very advanced drama studio co-located with them that greatly enhances their performances. You can see more at:

Alegro Academy of Dance

Old 06-19-2008, 05:36 AM

6 posts, read 28,831 times
Default ballet classes

Check out Community Ballet as well. They have an excellent staff and tuition is affordable and they are the only school & company that perform Nutcracker. They are bringing in a new Artistic Director and School Director from NY. Their website is www.communityballet.org. It is a non-profit organization. They are highly respected in the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area