Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 06:49 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
No, other options include staying home and possibly recovering or going to the hospital and dying.

My point is that I don't think survival chances necessarily increase by going to the hospital. In some cases, the survival chance may actually decrease.
You may stay home if you like

Then there will be beds for heart attacks. Car accidents etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 07:36 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
You may stay home if you like

Then there will be beds for heart attacks. Car accidents etc
What if you need a ventilator?

Old 08-13-2021, 08:17 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
<rant>

If that's what you think, then okay. You have the freedom to not get the vaccine.

However, in my *conservative* opinion, if you do not get the vaccine, then you must now also take on the *personal responsibility* that comes with that freedom. If you do not get the vaccine, you should take precautions at any public establishments that are frequented by those who cannot get the vaccine, ie those 12 years of age or under. Any place that a 12 year old or younger can go to, you should stay away or wear a mask over your nose and mouth while you are there. If you don't do that, then *you* are infringing on *other people's rights*. And in my personal opinion, being lazy, and mooching off of the effort of others to try and implement herd immunity. Don't be a lazy moocher.

And finally, in my opinion, if you choose not to get the vaccine, then you shouldn't go to the hospital if you get COVID. You are exposing the doctors and nurses who treat you to the virus. If you did all you could and got vaccinated and still had a breakthrough case, then sure, go to the hospital, they should help you. But if you made the conscious decision to not get vaccinated and take your chances, and especially if you feel your survival chances decrease from going to the hospital, then I don't think you should go. Your actions have consequences, and you should take personal responsibility for them, and not expect others to clean up your mess and take care of you.

There is nothing more "liberal" to me than someone expecting others to take care of them after they've been lazy and made bad choices. Don't do it man. Have some self respect. Get your shot or wear your mask, or else stay away from all the rest of us who are trying to be responsible adults.

</rant>
What are you talking about?

The vaccine does not prevent infection or spreading of the virus.

What they claim is that it makes your symptoms milder if you do contract covid.

Judging by all the vaccinated people I know who are getting sick, I find their claim dubious.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:46 AM

1,955 posts, read 1,760,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
What are you talking about?

The vaccine does not prevent infection or spreading of the virus.

What they claim is that it makes your symptoms milder if you do contract covid.

Judging by all the vaccinated people I know who are getting sick, I find their claim dubious.
Look, this isn't rocket science. Don't pretend to be stupid.

When I was a child, we didn't have a chicken pox vaccine. I got chicken pox. Spots all over my body, itch like crazy, pus everywhere, oozing and crusting and laid up in bed for a few days can't go to school for a week because crazy contagious, and half my class was out with it anyways. You know, chicken pox.

My oldest two kids, they got the chicken pox vaccine. Later, when my older kid caught the chicken pox, she got 5 spots. FIVE. Itched a tiny bit. No pus, no crusties, stayed home one day. She was mildly contagious. Gave it to her brother. He got TWO spots, they didn't even itch, and were gone the next day. He didn't miss any school. No one else caught it.

My youngest kid? She's never even had chicken pox. You know why? No one gets it anymore. Everyone's vaccinated. It's no longer even a thing.

That's how vaccines work. That's how they've always worked. You KNOW this is how they work. You KNOW it, just THINK. Quit listening to everyone's stupid opinions and conjectures and *claims* and just THINK. Vaccines are why you don't have kids dying all around you with polio or measles anymore. Vaccines are why we don't have graveyards full of kids they they did in your grandparents time. Vaccines are what sets us apart from third world countries where they are too stupid or too poor to vaccinate and they all run around getting sick and dying all the time.

Is that what you want? For the US to be a third world country? For the US to be last place? The laughing stock of the world? That's what we are you know. The rest of the world is laughing at the fact that we have people who are so obsessed with "not being wrong" that they are literally making this STUPID IDIOTIC VIRUS LAST LONGER.

You are not a child, right? You are a grown adult? With brains? You know you have to get up in the morning and work for a living and earn your keep and it ain't anyone else's responsibility to coddle you or take care of you? You know you have to pay your taxes, pay for your OWN gosh darn health insurance, buy your own food for your family, and take care of your own responsibilities right? Getting vaccinated is one of those responsibilities.

Seriously. Quit your whining. You sound like my youngest kiddo "but I don't wanna!!! I'm scared!!" There are no monsters under the bed, there are no monsters in the vaccine. Go get your shot. It will hurt. Mine hurt. I'm just a sissy girl, and I was able to suck it up. I'm sure you can handle it.

Old 08-13-2021, 04:19 PM

1,017 posts, read 640,193 times
^Beautiful.^

Old 08-13-2021, 06:55 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
People seem to forget that millions of people already had Covid before the vax or any cures were approved. They don't need a jab. Besides, we are finding out that the jab only lasts a few months, unlike natural immunity. Why get a booster, with unknown risks, when we have several therapeutics you take at home so no need to be hospitalized?

Another reason people don't want the jab are the statistics in the VAERS database showing hundreds of thousands of vax injuries and 12,000 vax deaths. Recently a CDC whistleblower said that was a lie -- the real death rate is closer to 45,000.

People need to make informed choices but for some reason, the media and government bureaucrats don't want an informed public.

Follow the money, honey...

Old 08-13-2021, 07:46 PM

294 posts, read 235,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
People seem to forget that millions of people already had Covid before the vax or any cures were approved. They don't need a jab.
There are new studies that are showing that natural immunity is not as protective as the vaccines

COVID-19: Already had it? Experts say you still need to get vaccinated - USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com › news › health › 2021/08/09

Quote:
Another reason people don't want the jab are the statistics in the VAERS database showing hundreds of thousands of vax injuries and 12,000 vax deaths. Recently a CDC whistleblower said that was a lie -- the real death rate is closer to 45,000.
Please show proof of this. First, you cannot use the VAERS database to prove number of injuries or deaths, because these are reports of deaths that occurred after the vaccine, but not necessarily caused by the vaccine. The reports are unverified, and can be made by anyone. Second, you are relying on some organization (not necessarily reputable) about some unnamed 'whistleblower' that may or may not work for the CDC using undocumented methods to calculate a number from an unverified database.

Same old idea, just because someone on the internet said it...

Old 08-14-2021, 12:15 PM

165 posts, read 211,911 times
Quote:
...Why get a booster, with unknown risks, when we have several therapeutics you take at home so no need to be hospitalized?
Yup...oleandrin, drinking camel urine, garlic and tumeric, should work very well, alone or in combination.

Quote:
...Another reason people don't want the jab are the statistics in the VAERS database showing hundreds of thousands of vax injuries and 12,000 vax deaths...
And don't forgot about the microchips in the vaccines.

It would be helpful for those of us who believe the earth is round if you would wear a sign that says "unvaccinated" when you're out in public, so we can avoid unnecessary risks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area