Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 09:28 AM

283 posts, read 408,865 times

Advertisements

We do people continue to deny Covid-19 and not get the Vaccine? Our hospitals are full with sick and dying Covid+ patients and the Woman and Childrens hospital has 93 in patients and 14 on Vents and they are all children except two moms who recently given birth. Huntsville Main is full and running out of ICU beds. I thought that Huntsville and Madison has some of the Smartest People in America due to the science industry we have. What the hell people. If you are not vaccinated stay the hell home. Don't kill our kids ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 09:55 AM

23,600 posts, read 70,412,676 times
"We (Why) do people continue to deny Covid-19 and not get the Vaccine?"

We really don't need more covid threads. Could a mod move this to psychology or merge the existing covid threads in the AL forums?

In direct answer to the question posed:

1. Fallacious religious beliefs

2. Minds poisoned by "talk radio" which rarely is factual and is designed to evoke emotional responses at the expense of reason.

3. Ignorance.

4. Rebellion.

5. Misguided thought that it is somehow political.

6. Laziness.

7. Peer pressure and weak will.

8. Lack of social empathy.

9. In rare cases, contraindicating medical issues.

10. fatalism.

Some may have more than one of those reasons factoring into their decision.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:27 AM

13,624 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2coolmom View Post
We do people continue to deny Covid-19 and not get the Vaccine?
You're assuming that people who haven't received the shot are "denying Covid-19". What does that even mean?

Quote:
Our hospitals are full with sick and dying Covid+ patients and the Woman and Childrens hospital has 93 in patients and 14 on Vents and they are all children except two moms who recently given birth.
Unsourced claim. Do you have evidence to back up your claims?

Quote:
Huntsville Main is full and running out of ICU beds.
Another unsourced claim. Do you have evidence for this?

Quote:
If you are not vaccinated stay the hell home. Don't kill our kids ok.
If you received the vaccine, it's supposed to protect you from getting seriously ill. Are you suggesting that the vaccine is not effective?

Do you have evidence that kids' lives are in danger from covid?

Old 08-09-2021, 11:27 AM

294 posts, read 235,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Huntsville Main is full and running out of ICU beds.

\
Well, I suppose I have no source other than myself and my wife's surgeon. I was with my wife at TOC just this morning and she was discussing a potential surgery. The doctor said it would currently not be possible, as they are delaying elective surgeries due to the number of COVID patients. Then she said exactly what was quoted above.

Old 08-09-2021, 01:48 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
We do people continue to deny Covid-19 and not get the Vaccine? Our hospitals are full with sick and dying Covid+ patients and the Woman and Childrens hospital has 93 in patients and 14 on Vents and they are all children except two moms who recently given birth. Huntsville Main is full and running out of ICU beds. I thought that Huntsville and Madison has some of the Smartest People in America due to the science industry we have. What the hell people. If you are not vaccinated stay the hell home. Don't kill our kids ok.
I couldn't possibly agree with you more. Go get the darn shots! And yes, we're supposed to be smarter here but it's not evident in this case.

Old 08-09-2021, 01:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
You're assuming that people who haven't received the shot are "denying Covid-19". What does that even mean?

If you received the vaccine, it's supposed to protect you from getting seriously ill. Are you suggesting that the vaccine is not effective?

Vaccinated people are getting the Delta variant, but it's generally not serious. Here's an article saying that breakthrough cases (meaning, those who have been vaccinated but still get a case of the virus) are only at a 0.001 chance (1 in a thousand) chance of being hospitalized or dying from Covid. So the vaccines are doing their job.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/cor...d873635394a789

Old 08-09-2021, 02:05 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:

Do you realize three firefighters right here in the town you and I both live in are currently sick with covid? One so seriously that's he's in ICU on a bpap machine.

We have been able to get the vaccine since January, yet these guys choose not to, and now they are regretting it.

Old 08-09-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Do you realize three firefighters right here in the town you and I both live in are currently sick with covid? One so seriously that's he's in ICU on a bpap machine.

We have been able to get the vaccine since January, yet these guys choose not to, and now they are regretting it.
It's very unfortunate that people get sick and die.

I have two relatives who just died last week, neither was covid-related.

Do you know for a fact that the firefighters did not receive the shot(s)?

Do you know for a fact that they "regret it", if in fact they did not get the shots?

Old 08-09-2021, 02:21 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
It's very unfortunate that people get sick and die.

I have two relatives who just died last week, neither was covid-related.

Do you know for a fact that the firefighters did not receive the shot(s)?

Do you know for a fact that they "regret it", if in fact they did not get the shots?
Yes, I know them personally, and they are not old. And not only are they sick, but also their families.

Here's some stats from right here in our area.

Escambia County COVID-19 Hospitalizations Reach Record High Of 322 On Monday : NorthEscambia.com

Old 08-09-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Yes, I know them personally, and they are not old. And not only are they sick, but also their families.

Here's some stats from right here in our area.

Escambia County COVID-19 Hospitalizations Reach Record High Of 322 On Monday : NorthEscambia.com
Thanks for sharing.

They've expressed regret to you of not getting the shots?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area