Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 06:03 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,079,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, now another site is being prepped to the South? In the same field, each is separately by enclosed fences.

Any insight?
I think Mr Ed is replying that the new(er) construction is to build low income housing in that location.

Recall 180 units?!? Don’t recall exact number. One issue is no public transportation and zero “walk ability “ factor for anyone without a car in that area. Similar to living in Owens Crossroads without a car.
It will be about a 10 miles walk back into Huntsville to visit friends/family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2023, 11:20 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
I think Mr Ed is replying that the new(er) construction is to build low income housing in that location.

Recall 180 units?!? Don’t recall exact number. One issue is no public transportation and zero “walk ability “ factor for anyone without a car in that area. Similar to living in Owens Crossroads without a car.
It will be about a 10 miles walk back into Huntsville to visit friends/family.
john, are you in the right thread?

Old 04-17-2023, 11:04 PM

537 posts, read 443,644 times
I think the whole idea is to spread out the lower income people all over town to keep down gang related gang activity.

Large government run housing projects have just concentrated crime into smaller places. And so many thugs in one place feed on each other to cause more and more mayhem.

Old 04-18-2023, 05:23 AM

Quote:
john, are you in the right thread?
I posted the answer to “what else is being built next to the future Crestwood medical facility?”

I thought the low income housing was going to be on the other side of hwy 53 but maybe it’s the same side as the medical center. This low income housing is a decision that wasn’t widely circulated among the residents and businesses along hwy 53. Will find out more on exactly where, name, and how many low income residents the apartment complex will support.

Old 04-18-2023, 08:08 AM

12,963 posts, read 9,478,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
I think the whole idea is to spread out the lower income people all over town to keep down gang related gang activity.

Large government run housing projects have just concentrated crime into smaller places. And so many thugs in one place feed on each other to cause more and more mayhem.
I don't think that's the answer to the problem. And, as you likely know, once a government social program starts, it won't stop.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I posted the answer to “what else is being built next to the future Crestwood medical facility?”

I thought the low income housing was going to be on the other side of hwy 53 but maybe it’s the same side as the medical center. This low income housing is a decision that wasn’t widely circulated among the residents and businesses along hwy 53. Will find out more on exactly where, name, and how many low income residents the apartment complex will support.
The why did you quote me?

Here is what you responded to:

Quote:
Well, now another site is being prepped to the South? In the same field, each is separately by enclosed fences.

Any insight?
Post 59

That's why I asked you if you were in the right thread.

If you were to “what else is being built next to the future Crestwood medical facility?” then you should have quoted that post, not my post #59.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:28 AM

Quote:
The why did you quote me?

Here is what you responded to:

Post 59

That's why I asked you if you were in the right thread.

If you were to “what else is being built next to the future Crestwood medical facility?” then you should have quoted that post, not my post #59.
Sincere apologies for creating any confusion.

Overall the thread is about the upcoming hospital in Harvest with some adjacent hwy 53 construction conversations.

Old 04-20-2023, 06:24 PM

10 posts, read 10,809 times
I do believe the lot that has been prepared that's directly South of the larger lot for the new Crestwwod facility is the helipad. The newer pad to the South is where the ground breaking took place.

Old 04-20-2023, 09:16 PM

537 posts, read 443,644 times
Next to the new Crestwood property, they had a large tent setup today. Like they were doing a dedication or something. Only sign up is the contractor's name--not what business is going there.

Old 04-20-2023, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Sincere apologies for creating any confusion.

Overall the thread is about the upcoming hospital in Harvest with some adjacent hwy 53 construction conversations.
No apologies needed, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area