Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 04:55 AM

10 posts, read 10,810 times

Advertisements

The South pad is where the ground breaking ceremony took place for the Crestwood facility. And yes there is a sign showing the new facility right by the entrance to the South pad. I think it is strange that the North pad area and the South pad area don't connect if they are both for the same project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2023, 03:49 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbot View Post
The South pad is where the ground breaking ceremony took place for the Crestwood facility. And yes there is a sign showing the new facility right by the entrance to the South pad. I think it is strange that the North pad area and the South pad area don't connect if they are both for the same project.
It's all the same? Yes, that would be weird.

Old 04-21-2023, 04:16 PM

537 posts, read 445,178 times
Where the tent is setup on the corner at Burrell Rd & 53, the new sign says it's the site of the new Crestwood stand alone emergency room.

Is the lot where all the dirt movement going to be something else?

Old 04-21-2023, 05:25 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
Where the tent is setup on the corner at Burrell Rd & 53, the new sign says it's the site of the new Crestwood stand alone emergency room.

Is the lot where all the dirt movement going to be something else?
Because it’s low ground, they might be scrapping off the bad topsoil and getting ready to bring in the “good “ topsoil for the building.

Old 04-27-2023, 11:31 AM

Checked the land ownership and Crestwood owns the property at the NW corner of Burwell and hwy 53. So of the two current building sites, certainly the southern one is Crestwood and possibly the second one farther north. There is a larger lot north of Crestwood owned by a developer out of Nashville and that lot runs up the large electric substation.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:53 PM

Went by there today, seems both sites are the same. The sign on Burwell said "paraphrased" the new site of the free standing Crestwood medical facility.

Old 04-27-2023, 07:16 PM

The location is great. But they are having to truck in a serious amount of dirt. They could have built across Hwy 53 and not had to move so much dirt.

If I was in hospital management, I would have bought a piece of property large enough to eventually build a full size hospital. The current lot would be insufficient for a full hospital and the substantial space needed for parking.

Heck, I'd just be happy to have a Walmart on Hwy 53 and Hwy 53 4 laned about 5 miles farther.

Old 04-28-2023, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
The location is great. But they are having to truck in a serious amount of dirt. They could have built across Hwy 53 and not had to move so much dirt.

If I was in hospital management, I would have bought a piece of property large enough to eventually build a full size hospital. The current lot would be insufficient for a full hospital and the substantial space needed for parking.

Heck, I'd just be happy to have a Walmart on Hwy 53 and Hwy 53 4 laned about 5 miles farther.
Agree that it needs to be 4 laned a little farther, but 5 miles would be to close to my house.

And you may not get a walmart, but we'll be getting a Food City in the future, slide 9 in the link below shows the approx. locations of all 6 stores coming to the HSV area:

https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/wp-cont...esentation.pdf

Old 04-29-2023, 03:16 PM

Default Crestwood update

All the construction along hwy 53 from the substation to Burwell, is related the new Crestwood medical facility, hell pad, parking, etc.

The low income housing is being built across the street from the CVS that is at Jeff rd and Hwy 53. Across the Jeff rd, starting at the hillside. No idea why that location was selected.

And those new storage units being built are absolutely horrible next to the small lake. The blocked views from the Land Trust trail, the reduced parking at lane trust, and the non climate controlled storage units won’t help the rest of the area with business traffic. It will soon be an eye sore if not already.

Old 04-29-2023, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
All the construction along hwy 53 from the substation to Burwell, is related the new Crestwood medical facility, hell pad, parking, etc.

The low income housing is being built across the street from the CVS that is at Jeff rd and Hwy 53. Across the Jeff rd, starting at the hillside. No idea why that location was selected.

And those new storage units being built are absolutely horrible next to the small lake. The blocked views from the Land Trust trail, the reduced parking at lane trust, and the non climate controlled storage units won’t help the rest of the area with business traffic. It will soon be an eye sore if not already.
I bet the owners of the two estate properties across from CVS will not be pleased with the new neighbors.

I've not had time to look at the storage units--and didn't know they started putting them up. We walked the trails at the land trust, and it's pretty basis paths around a couple of muddy ponds. Wish it was more scenic.

I've never seen so many storage units going up everywhere. Fowler Auctions just finished putting in Stage II--something like 241 units more. They say it's because of people moving in here from all over the country for the jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area