Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 10:50 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times

Advertisements

[quote=pnwguy2;43991603]SpringHill suites (Marriott) is probable there. They have been expanding all over the PNW. (I may be wrong, but that is my best guess).[/QUOTE

Maybe, it will be A Springhill Suites, but I'd be a little surprised though. What hospitality corp would have the experience and $ for a second Springhill Suites so close? There would be three if you count Rexburg.

Ore has only three in the state with WA having six (I counted Vancouver in WA because technically it is, despite being in Portland metro). Maybe a lot are being built but I think Hilton is building in the PNW faster, though, I, too could be wrong.

One reason I think we need to start using this thread is there are many major projects in Ammon. We all have blended them with I.F., which in one way I don't care, but in another thinking of where they each are helps if the city boundaries are in place. I look for this hotel to take a while as that land has to get annexed then zoned. Or if a group decided to opt for north of Walmart because it already is zoned that may make a little more sense. There is one additional commercial spot by the hotel combined with it, probably for a restaurant, but who knows.

If you think about this we already know Curlew is going to extend north and John Adams east. I'll have to check the name of the development again as I think I'm flipping the names of this one vs. one off of Lincoln Road. This one is going to have a lot of Townhomes like three new ones in Idaho Falls and 1-2 others in Ammon.

And you didn't finish my question about Alaska airlines. Please do. I am going to post later in that forum.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 05-09-2016 at 11:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 03:42 PM

434 posts, read 417,236 times
Today noticed a bunch of survey stakes on 17th in Ammon just west of Piano Gallery (between Curlew & Kmart). I am aware of lots of projects in Ammon but not one at this location.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Today noticed a bunch of survey stakes on 17th in Ammon just west of Piano Gallery (between Curlew & Kmart). I am aware of lots of projects in Ammon but not one at this location.
This why we try to keep Ammon split from I.F.

Is your hunch residential or commercial?

Old 05-23-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
This why we try to keep Ammon split from I.F.

Is your hunch residential or commercial?
A backhoe is there today. I'm pretty certain it's commercial possibly high density residential toward the back. It has frontage on 17th but no other roads. The parcel is deep

Old 06-26-2016, 07:58 AM

168 posts, read 174,403 times
Does anyone have any information on the small scale development happening on 49th south, just about 1/2 mile East of Ammon Rd., on the North side of the road? It is near halfway between Ammon Rd. and Crowley (45th E), and there are a handful of pieces of heavy equipment on site, grading roadways (apparently), and scraping off about 2~3 acres so far.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
Does anyone have any information on the small scale development happening on 49th south, just about 1/2 mile East of Ammon Rd., on the North side of the road? It is near halfway between Ammon Rd. and Crowley (45th E), and there are a handful of pieces of heavy equipment on site, grading roadways (apparently), and scraping off about 2~3 acres so far.
That is another subdivision. I think the name is Mountain Bend or something along those lines. I wasn't able to find info on number of lots or total acreage though.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:53 AM

The largest climbing gym in the state is under construction in Ammon. I found this on East Idaho News and there was no specific location given. I'm guessing this is in an existing building but there's no saying.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:11 PM

385 posts, read 526,687 times
looks like the location of The Edge Climbing Gym is 2844 14th North

it's just east of Smith RV near the intersection of Hitt and Lincoln

Old 06-26-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
The largest climbing gym in the state is under construction in Ammon. I found this on East Idaho News and there was no specific location given. I'm guessing this is in an existing building but there's no saying.
That is good news I skimmed the article and it sounds like even some pro climbers could be interested.

It looks like it is slightly south of Lincoln just slightly east of N. Hitt. We said Lincoln would start coming into a building/development spurt starting this year. It looks like we were right

It's unclear to me if this is a renovation of an existing building or new construction. It is tall! And has lots of different accesses to twists and turns, probably more realistic for area rock climbing.

Thx for telling us.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:24 PM

I'm not sure if all Ammon residents who want the new city fiber internet know they need to register for it. I believe the first 1/4 is starting to roll out, but don't know the location (s). Just go to the City of Ammon home page and scroll down to where it says, "city fiber.) Not positive I would have used those words alone, but that is what Ammon decided.

Let us know how it works for those who get it. I know Dan Q. couldn't wait to get this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls