Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:22 AM

4 posts, read 11,769 times

Advertisements

You can shovel snow or push a snow thrower! That's what I've been doing.
That & dreaming of spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdalies View Post
That & dreaming of spring.
I need to buy my annual bottle of champagne and keep it chilled in anticipation of Peeper Night, our official first day of spring.
That night we first hear the spring peepers croaking is a night for celebration! Once it even fell on St. Paddy's day and we had a real blowout. For us..anyway.
God bless those peepers.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:59 AM

993 posts, read 3,254,198 times
Spring peepers ????

Your joken right >??

Trying to get us flanders out in our Idaho yards on a quiet night listening for croaking ???

Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
I need to buy my annual bottle of champagne and keep it chilled in anticipation of Peeper Night, our official first day of spring.
That night we first hear the spring peepers croaking is a night for celebration! Once it even fell on St. Paddy's day and we had a real blowout. For us..anyway.
God bless those peepers.

That sounds like a good excuse for a drink! I always look forward to the first flock of geese heading north...though some years I think they get a bit too anxious.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:15 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
I can't believe what I'm reading here--doesn't anybody enjoy reading books in winter anymore? How about getting a library card/finding some still-in-existence used book store and stock up on your favorite reading materials, and read by the fireplace? If it has to be Idaho-related, what I'd do is get into researching the history of the area, and then make meticulous plans for summer trips where you track down the places you've been reading about! Get detailed maps and start planning, and get your imagination going. Old gunfights, lawmen and outlaws, mining camp stories, mountain men, ranchers and sodbusters, American Indian history, I love it all. And that's one way to put down roots...Then again, I'm a history buff.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 PM

Reading books ???

Winter is made for stoaking up the wood stove in the shop and truing that front wheel I bent last fall crossing that creek on my dirtbike.
Winter is time to fire up Google Earth and pick a route through new canyons and download them to my GPS for spring time exploring and trail camping.
Winter is time to sneak outside the house and up to my kids windows and make spookey sounds.. Then tell them the next days you saw the tracks of the Abominal snowman in the yard... That will make them come in the house when it starts getting dark.

Well maybe when I get bored I might read Cycle News

Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 AM

3 posts, read 5,211 times
I'm not quite sure where you're located, but I'm a fan of sledding, myself. But you also have other activities such as bowling, rock climbing, movies, racquet ball, feeding the ducks, go carts. And don't underestimate the value of volunteering to provide service to others.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cowboy View Post
. And don't underestimate the value of volunteering to provide service to others.

That is actually my plan to avoid further winter duldrums.
I am going to volunteer at my kids school or the Red Cross or the Senior Center a few days a month.

Or sit in the shop and drink beer and watch Oprah

Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 AM

27 posts, read 99,296 times
Lives in Idaho and does not ski...does not compute.

I can't imagine! But everyone has posted really good ideas here, especially the snowshoeing.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:25 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
[quote=DESERTRYDER;7558353]Reading books ???

Winter is made for stoaking up the wood stove in the shop and truing that front wheel I bent last fall crossing that creek on my dirtbike.
Winter is time to fire up Google Earth and pick a route through new canyons and download them to my GPS for spring time exploring and trail camping.
/quote]

Sounds similar-I need to spend next weekend in the shop tearing down the quad, I have a big bore kit to install (morepowermorepowergrunt). I've also been working on the ride schedule for the ATV club and running some routes on GPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: