Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Chris I thought Misty was jokin me with the peepers bit.
A peeper around here get a 2x4 up side the head for lookin at my woman through the bedroom window
Glad to read about " good peepers".
This was too funny!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM

4 posts, read 7,823 times
Go to school. Develop your desires. How about Fly Tying and Fly Casting. How about a course in Lifetime Sports?

Good luck in keeping cabin fever in check.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,927,166 times
Tonight while walking the dogs through town I heard the PEEPERS!! They are awake. Happy Spring.

Chris

Old 03-21-2009, 01:43 PM

420 posts, read 1,194,301 times
I like the wood shop ideas, and the sitting by the fire reading the latest Cabelas's, (slobber, slobber). I plan to take up fly fishing and snowshoeing when I get up there. I am a little long in the tooth for skiing. My ski's have spiders on em.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:07 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,441,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
I like the wood shop ideas, and the sitting by the fire reading the latest Cabelas's, (slobber, slobber). I plan to take up fly fishing and snowshoeing when I get up there. I am a little long in the tooth for skiing. My ski's have spiders on em.
You should contact pimit2 here on the forum... He sent me some awesome hand tied flies, and knows all the hot spots.. I'm a newby to fly fishing also and plan on contacting him when we're there and have some time to teach the fish to fear me..

Old 03-22-2009, 07:28 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Smile Lots of Good Ideas

Pll,

What have you found to do this LONG winter season? There have been some great suggestions on here like volunteer work, online classes, crafts, planning summer events etc.

Do you write or paint or do anything artistic like that? Even if you re-use a canvas painting a long day away can help a lot.

Are you looking for activities that you don't have to travel very far to do. Lots of community-based playhouses, choirs, sports and other.

I don't ski either - and I'm a native. So I know how much there is to do while those who head out to the slopes leave more room for the rest of us to do other things.

Do you ever read websites from other countries and learn from the wealth of information online?

Not sure about DesertRyder - worry he's gotten a little too much DUST or SUN in CA. But, along with good suggestions, his comment about "Peepers," was funny, IMHO.

Let us know what you found as your best options. You probably came up with one none of us thought of.

MSR

Old 03-22-2009, 01:18 PM

420 posts, read 1,194,301 times
Thanks for the info Trace. The best way to learn something is to be taught and leave your pride at home. Fly fishing is something I know absolutely nothing about. I also told my wife about what peepers were and they climbed all over everything and she pictured an invasion of frogs.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
I talked my husband into remodeling our kitchen. Now that using some winter time wisely!!

Not sure the husband thinks so, but it will look nice, since this is his line of work!!

Old 03-27-2009, 08:22 PM

993 posts, read 3,254,198 times
3 Shepards..
Bad timing if he starts now. Spring is here and you won't have a kitchen until Christmas

Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 AM

10 posts, read 41,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
Try picking up a hobby.....you know what I want to do some day..??? I'd love to sit down and start doing our family tree. I've heard it can be time consuming, but it sure would be interesting.
It is interesting took me 7 years to do mine but worth it

As to the OP's question.We pack up lunch the dogs( I have two Jacks) and a camera and go hiking a lot in the winter.Great exercise ,lots of wildlife & I get refrences for drawing.
Next year I want to get cross country ski's as its something I used to do.
My husband and I both enjoy woodworking. & as I mentioned I draw.
I enjoy feeding/birdwatching so will grab some cocoa make a fire in the firepit & watch the birds.
We entertain a lot & being goofy is not just for kids we have had a few rock band parties hehe.
My neighbors & husband might think im nuts( we have no kids) but my old butt made a few snowmen this year
Even snow removal is like a big neighberhood block party.
Plus many of the things people mentioned although I actually read less in the winter for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: