Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:52 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,278,128 times

Advertisements

Found another potential hobby when perusing the Nickel's Worth paper:

CDA School of Woodworking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 11:44 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times
Idaho is a rock-hound and gem hunters paradise and if that is your hobby and you don't like snow sports then winter is the time you get to work with the stones you have collected all summer. Lapidary work will make the winter pass really fast, it's fun and satisfying to create a cut gem from a rock that you've found. It gets a person away from the worst things you can do if you're trying to keep from getting fat in the winter; TV and the Computer !

Old 02-25-2009, 08:38 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,525,246 times
Take an online class. By the fire!

Old 03-03-2009, 04:57 PM

50 posts, read 158,853 times
Default Winter in Idaho

My kids live in Sandpoint Idaho and they are never at a loss for something to do. They always have a Halloween party to go to every year, it's a real family and community affair. There is a small theatre there that has events all the time. There are health clubs and a dance studio that puts on dances as well as lessons. There is gymnastics for the kids and also school affairs. There is a movie theatre and a small bowling alley. They have book fairs at the library and lots of social events at the community center. They have antique stores to browse. You don't have to ski to be involved in the winter and it doesn't have to be expensive. My kids cross country ski around their house and property for free. They have a ski swap every year for equipment. It's beautiful there and the 4 seasons just make it more so. I think the community gets together more because of the long winters. It's just what you make it.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
pll pll started this thread

1,112 posts, read 2,487,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrieh View Post
Lives in Idaho and does not ski...does not compute. .
That's kind of a mean statement.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:01 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,843,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
That's kind of a mean statement.
I took it as tongue in cheek...sort of like if you live in a beach house in SoCal and don't surf or jet ski or sail....

Old 03-03-2009, 09:32 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
Tiddlywinks, bingo, darts, watch the snow melt, count cars as they drive by, think of what you'd do first if you colonized Pluto...

There's lots to do here.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,927,166 times
How about break some glass and re-do the guest bath counter and back splash. Hehehehehe I LOVE winters. The longer the better.

http://mail.ctcweb.net/~shadesofidaho/2-16-09-BS-Done.jpg (broken link)

And DR Misty River is NOT kidding about the peepers. OMG I LOVE them. One night you will hear one the next night three and for the last three years at our last house on the first night of Spring the night was alive with them. Peepers are the darling little frogs with great big voices. They are wonderful. They hang out in your planters, well houses, shops. Great big smile. We even had some here being a new place I was surprised. Hey maybe we should start an " I heard the first peeper tonight thread"
Chris

Old 03-03-2009, 10:26 PM

993 posts, read 3,254,198 times
Chris I thought Misty was jokin me with the peepers bit.
A peeper around here get a 2x4 up side the head for lookin at my woman through the bedroom window
Glad to read about " good peepers".

Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
pll pll started this thread

1,112 posts, read 2,487,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
I took it as tongue in cheek...sort of like if you live in a beach house in SoCal and don't surf or jet ski or sail....
I didn't.

Regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: