Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 12:53 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Follow the ospreys, Dave!
I like that idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 02:16 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
We've been told those posts were for controlling the lumber being sent downstream from Montana to the mills in Sandpoint.
Ah, so the logs don't wind up hung up against the bank.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:10 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,675,598 times
Has anybody noticed that the civility level has gone up considerably in the forum lately? Maybe we can now get back to our usual friendly and informative conversations. We don't all have to agree, just be civil about it. And we're better at that than most forums!

I realized I'll have to get back to NID as soon as possible. I have a kitchen emergency: I'm out of huckleberry jam! (Oh no, not that!)

Old 04-22-2016, 02:41 PM

11 posts, read 9,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
I bumped the Osprey thread back up to the top with a link to the cam.

I was in the area last week, having brought the first load of our stuff up to the house in Sagle. I spent a few days painting and doing some other things around the house in preparation for our move in mid-May. The weather was just glorious last week - short sleeve T-shirt weather during the day on Wed and Thurs.

We received a nice offer for our house in SoCal while I was gone after just having the first open house last weekend, so barring any unforeseen events it looks like we've sold our house down here. Yeah!

Back in SoCal now where the serious packing begins.

Dave
Congratulations! Same here, our house wasn't even officially on the market and we got an offer we couldn't refuse. I retire next week and the wife June 30. The house is already in the process of being packed so trips north are in my future.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:10 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,773,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RESQRK View Post
Congratulations! Same here, our house wasn't even officially on the market and we got an offer we couldn't refuse. I retire next week and the wife June 30. The house is already in the process of being packed so trips north are in my future.
I'd like to know how you swung that deal. With your old house, that is. My house is on the golf course over in Rancho Vista. Sales have been 'hit or miss'. Next door neighbor had his house up for a couple of months and took it off. Haven't asked him why. The neighbor one over from him listed his house at the same time, and has closed already. So, who knows?

Are you going to move yourself? With multiple trips.

Congrats on your retirement. You're ahead of me by about six-eight months. Keep the lights on until I get there.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:19 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,901 times
I think the keys to selling a home are pricing it right for the current market and marketing it well so folks looking for a home like yours find out about it and are enticed to come look at it. We accepted an offer on our home two days after our first open house, and had two other offers to choose from.

People often let their emotional attachment to a home get in the way of making the right decisions to get it sold.

Dave

Old 05-17-2016, 11:46 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,926,405 times
Hi Folks. Just checking in. I am still here busy as all get out. Finally cleaned the Front Porch from winter crud and then the wind blew all the little annoying things in off the front tree. LOL I fooled Mother Nature this time and did NOT put the shop vac back in the shop as in previous years.

Hubby still hanging in there with his pancreas cancer.41 months now and stage 4 for 11 months. He is actually doing fairly well. Cancer has not come back in his pancreas but has gone to his lungs. :'( Chemo wipes his energy except for the first two days after when he is running on a steroid high. Then BAM he is down for the rest of the week. But life is still good. We do what we can and still do a lot of laughing.

I am rawking an 81 pound weight loss. Loving it. It was done on purpose so no worries I am not sick. I NEEDED to lose that much. Gained a lot when I was trying to eat for hubby when he couldn't eat. It happens to many caregivers. And I was sick but doing great now. I also got my cataracts done last summer and it is so nice to be able to see again. I was living in a world of frustration not being able to see very well.

Working on taming the yard some what. With everything going on it got away from me the last few years. My yard is important to me.

I hope all of you are well. I see a few regulars still here. Missing the good old days.

Chris

Old 05-17-2016, 04:12 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,747,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Hi Folks. Just checking in. I am still here busy as all get out. Finally cleaned the Front Porch from winter crud and then the wind blew all the little annoying things in off the front tree. LOL I fooled Mother Nature this time and did NOT put the shop vac back in the shop as in previous years.

Hubby still hanging in there with his pancreas cancer.41 months now and stage 4 for 11 months. He is actually doing fairly well. Cancer has not come back in his pancreas but has gone to his lungs. :'( Chemo wipes his energy except for the first two days after when he is running on a steroid high. Then BAM he is down for the rest of the week. But life is still good. We do what we can and still do a lot of laughing.

I am rawking an 81 pound weight loss. Loving it. It was done on purpose so no worries I am not sick. I NEEDED to lose that much. Gained a lot when I was trying to eat for hubby when he couldn't eat. It happens to many caregivers. And I was sick but doing great now. I also got my cataracts done last summer and it is so nice to be able to see again. I was living in a world of frustration not being able to see very well.

Working on taming the yard some what. With everything going on it got away from me the last few years. My yard is important to me.

I hope all of you are well. I see a few regulars still here. Missing the good old days.

Chris
So good to hear from you Chris and glad your husband is doing okay. He's a fighter, isn't he? Sounds like you both have a great outlook.
81 pounds!!!? how did you do it?

Old 05-17-2016, 06:31 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,926,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
So good to hear from you Chris and glad your husband is doing okay. He's a fighter, isn't he? Sounds like you both have a great outlook.
81 pounds!!!? how did you do it?
Well it took me a little over a year. I am still doing very low carb high fat.My doctor freaked out when I told him what I was going to do. About half way through I had the usual blood work up for Lipids and my Metablioc ratio went from 7. some thing to 5. some thing, just a bit over normal. I will be really curious to see what my stats are now. Next appointment is the end of August. Triglyceroids went from over 400 to 250 some thing. Still high but about half of what they were.

I eat mostly meat , mostly beef, very little vegetables no potatoes or bread. Takes me 5 minutes to do my grocery shopping. Until I have to wait in line. I have to cook meals ordered on the spot for hubby so it is not hard to just do my own meals along with his. At first I thought it would be a pain but it really isn;t and once in awhile we eat the same thing. He never knows what he will feel like eating until 30 minutes before I HAVE to start fixing it. THAT is a bit of a pain but I am happy to do it as long as he will eat.

I feel great. The energy is over the moon. I am almost 67 and feel more like 40. Well until I look in the mirror. That gray hair and wrinkles kind of give me away. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-3-8-16-after-80-pound  

Old 05-17-2016, 08:45 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,747,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Well it took me a little over a year. I am still doing very low carb high fat.My doctor freaked out when I told him what I was going to do. About half way through I had the usual blood work up for Lipids and my Metablioc ratio went from 7. some thing to 5. some thing, just a bit over normal. I will be really curious to see what my stats are now. Next appointment is the end of August. Triglyceroids went from over 400 to 250 some thing. Still high but about half of what they were.

I eat mostly meat , mostly beef, very little vegetables no potatoes or bread. Takes me 5 minutes to do my grocery shopping. Until I have to wait in line. I have to cook meals ordered on the spot for hubby so it is not hard to just do my own meals along with his. At first I thought it would be a pain but it really isn;t and once in awhile we eat the same thing. He never knows what he will feel like eating until 30 minutes before I HAVE to start fixing it. THAT is a bit of a pain but I am happy to do it as long as he will eat.

I feel great. The energy is over the moon. I am almost 67 and feel more like 40. Well until I look in the mirror. That gray hair and wrinkles kind of give me away. LOL
The grey hair is striking and you look fabulous....congratulations on your success!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho