Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 06:08 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times

Advertisements

CFF...I feel your pain...my storage workshop flooded and then froze...argh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 06:22 PM

3 posts, read 5,766 times
Looks like this winter is one whole lot better than last.

Just stumbled across this blog and thought I'd say howdy!

Heres hopin the days get longer!

Old 01-30-2010, 07:03 AM

445 posts, read 1,328,886 times
Howdy back at ya, BucketBoy.

Yeah, the winter's darned easy so far this year....way better than the last couple of years. I'm not breaking out my shorts and flip-flops yet because I've lived in NID too long. I suspect Mother Nature still has plans for us....

Snow packs are low in the mountains throughout Idaho. We're all concerned about drought conditions. The reservoir levels are low already and the fire danger could be extreme this summer.

On the positive side, the days are getting longer, little by little. Like you, I look forward to that easy weather and extra hours of daylight.

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 01-30-2010, 09:43 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
CFF...I feel your pain...my storage workshop flooded and then froze...argh...
Sage, I do appreciate your empathy! At least our porch isn't frozen...but in a way this is exactly what we needed, except the timing is bad--we've been wanting to get rid of that carpet for years, and now we have to! Be careful what you wish for--you might get it!

Hi Bucketboy, and welcome to the Porch! And Bob, good to see you. Let us know when the riverbanks start greening along the Sand Creek and the Pack!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:52 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
Howdy back at ya, BucketBoy.

Yeah, the winter's darned easy so far this year....way better than the last couple of years. I'm not breaking out my shorts and flip-flops yet because I've lived in NID too long. I suspect Mother Nature still has plans for us....

Snow packs are low in the mountains throughout Idaho. We're all concerned about drought conditions. The reservoir levels are low already and the fire danger could be extreme this summer.

On the positive side, the days are getting longer, little by little. Like you, I look forward to that easy weather and extra hours of daylight.

pimit2 (Bob)

Im with Bob... I hope we get some REAL snow here soon. I dont want the lake half empty when it comes time for the spring and summer fun..
I say bring it on!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:55 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,977 times
Sounds like we brought the CA weather with us when we all moved. Come on snow...

Old 02-01-2010, 03:29 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
Sounds like we brought the CA weather with us when we all moved. Come on snow...
Lets HOPE we didnt bring the rest of it...

Old 02-02-2010, 08:58 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Happy Groundhog Day!
It's so ironic--I have family in Northern Europe, and I hear reports about how they're getting all your snow, and more! The worst winter since 1983. Temperatures in the single digits, whole counties closed, one blizzard after another! They don't even have an El Nino to blame. Even in the big cities it's dangerous to go out because of the icicles and heavy snow on the old slanted roofs 5-6 stories up, dropping on shoppers below. Apparently the jet stream is quirky this year, making it warm for you guys and icy for Europe. I hope you get at least a couple of weeks of real winter before all the little buds start coming out!

Old 02-02-2010, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 5,766 times
The most important issue surrounding moisture is this years upcoming morel harvest!!

Need the snow pack so the ground stays nice and moist!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,417 times
I am building my shop right now.
With just a bit more nice weather the cement will be finished.
Then let the snow fly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho