Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 02:29 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Well, I'm still sorting out my 700+ pics from my trip, but thought I'd post this one of a bridge underpass in Idaho. I'm not sure, but I think someone here might see something in it. Also, there was a classic car show in Challis on Sat June 5, almost expected to see a 'vette there, but alas, no.
Thats not more than 1/2 mile away from my place bro... Wish I could have been around when you were here.... Next time its ON!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Yeah, I figured as much. I got your addy from CG&K, hence that's why I was on that road. I saw another 'spur' off to the right before the paved one went back to the highway, reckon that's where you might be. But since you were out of town, I didn't want to intrude; though I did call.

Oh. But. Yes. Next time it will be on. Heck, we're almost neighbors again, lol. One thing I tried to say on that call. Yeah. Pinch yourself. You ain't in commiefornia anymore! Or as I used to refer to it way back when, the CSSR.

Oh, but wait, in keeping with the theme of this thread, let me look for another pic to post . . . . got one!

I ran into some guys doing a waterworks job in Avery, ID. Then I saw this. So I asked one of the guys, "What happened, did someone fill his bear tag on his lunch break?" The answer was, "Yup".
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-roadtrip-117.jpg  

Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
Figured that picture had to be from up North./ We do not have that much moss in this area. LOL Really pretty train bridge picture.

EEEKKK on the Bear. Lovely coat it has.

Enjoying your pictures.

Chris

Old 06-26-2010, 03:05 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,553 times
Catchin Pike, Seeing bald eagles...... Nuff said...... Check back soon...

Old 06-26-2010, 04:31 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Hi Everyone,

How are all of you? Had to drop in on this thread to sit a spell and clear my head. I wish a few of you how left California would read the last 2-3 pages of the official LDS religion discussion and the person who states she wants to move to Idaho.

I mention that, first because I did have to come here and read your comments to chill, given the posts.

Secondly, I wrote I was going to cross-reference that particular post in other Idaho threads of why SOME from Cali think all in Idaho don't like CA residents relocating to Idaho. It may just be me, but it seems like enough is enough. When a person opts not to move to Idaho what is the secondary gain of additional Idaho forum posts stating they are looking for a more "balanced community?"

I'm guessing a few of you may be snickering about how balanced CA is . I'm glad it's not my state of residence.

I do realize people have different values, needs and levels of experience in life. I also realize not everyone relies upon information from a "friend," when that person hasn't even visited the state him/herself. Makes me wonder a lot about the "friend." But, as I posted (and I do sincerely mean this), when there is so much doubt about moving, then one is better off to stay where they currently are, IMHO.

What I enjoy so much about dropping in here is as a group you share the values the core of Idaho residents do, regardless of your timeframe in the state.

The good news is if you can, read the posts of tdna, in that thread and elsewhere. Another refreshing voice posting about Idaho is always welcomed by me.

Y'all stay well and happy. Nice chatting with you.

MSR

Old 06-26-2010, 06:04 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,276,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Well, I'm still sorting out my 700+ pics from my trip, but thought I'd post this one of a bridge underpass in Idaho. I'm not sure, but I think someone here might see something in it. Also, there was a classic car show in Challis on Sat June 5, almost expected to see a 'vette there, but alas, no.
Honestly, I have no idea what your problem is. Can't you see the Vette right there plain as day?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Catchin Pike, Seeing bald eagles...... Nuff said...... Check back soon...
I here ya, spotted this bad boy today!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:12 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Honestly, I have no idea what your problem is. Can't you see the Vette right there plain as day?
Hmm. . . yup, there it is. Wow, that underpass looks MIGHTY familiar. Must be we have a mutual friend. This makes me wonder about the empty Vodka bottle picture . . . But really when I was in Challis on June 5, there was a custom/classic car show; was hoping to see a 'vette there so we could share Droid notes . . . . hehehe.

OK, on to more stuff. I saw some baldy's somewhere in Idaho. Got a wolf sighting north-west of Stanley with GPS co-ords I gotta still figure out how to post. Chris (shades) I didn't want to respond to the fact that that one pic gave you such a response, but once I'm done I'll let y'all know that they're all posted and accounted for on my site (unless you already have the link, you can see the progress).

Finally, here's another from Challis, Idaho june 5, 2010:
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-roadtrip-331.jpg  

Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
Teddy I think that was McPhersons building when we were there and for awhile the building next to it was the Credit union and later I believe it became the title company. Things have changed lots in 16 years.

Believe me I too was surprised at my reaction to seeing our old house. Really took me back a long time ago. It is all ok. I guess I did leave a little bit of my heart and soul in that house and I really do appreciate the picture.

Where is the link?? I seem to not be seeing it.

ETA I think I found it. LOL

Chris

Checking through your pictures. Wonderful trip!! # 85 in Burke is a neat looking building. What a cool town. Never have been there.

#135 The What is it picture is a Fish Trap. They put them at the head of irrigation diversions to trap and divert the fish in the water back to the river instead of sending them down the ditch to later die out on the fields. This is called flood irrigation done with dams across ditches. LOL We had Fish and Game want to put one on our 100 acre place and my husband told the guy sure fine it would make it easier for him to have nice fish dinners. He would just put his net over the out flow. Course he was sort of joking. Was a long tired kind of day that day and we were not into being harassed and having to walk mile and a half up to the head gate to show the guy there was no way to put in the thing. AND they would have to pass within feet of our front door to check on the thing and all in all was a bad idea for them.

Really enjoying your pictures!!!

Last edited by shades_of_idaho; 06-26-2010 at 09:24 PM..

Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 PM

Default Fiberglassman

My kind of Ironman, cruise around the lake and have lunch!

Here we are at Heyburn State Park:

Lunch in Arrow Point:

Nice views all around:

I think this is Hagadone's new multi bazzillion dollar toy:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho