Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:49 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,132,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpigrl View Post
Ok, first of all--are you people talking about mexicans here? actually, it doesn't matter.

The thing that seemed soo appaling to me: u are accusing us of STEALING YOUR JOBS. OMG, would you want to be a waiter? bus boy? dishwasher? Would u want to work in a hot kitchen 12 hours a day? 70 hours a week with no days off? Vacation?-what is it? Would u? so why don't u fckin go ahead and do it, get out of your office cubicles and do some physical work! I'll see how long you're gonna last.
U gonna say: so why did we leave our countries. There's a lot of reasons, mister. U have probably never been outside the US, and don't know nothing about the rest of the world. i'm not gonna start here about it, it's useless anyway.
my point is---we are not stealin your jobs, we are doing the jobs that you people don't want to do, at least not for the same salary.
immigrating to this country is not as easy as you think, so some people have to stay illegal for a while be4 they are given a chance.
as u see, i do speak english. i know more about american history than u or your kids do. i do carry a full coverage insurance.
Extend your horizons people. and don't forget : U ARE IMMIGRANTS TOO

First of all, we are LEGAL immigrants. This issue has nothing to do with immigrants, it has to do with ILLEGAL immigrants. The vast majority of Americans don't have any problems with immigrants at all. It's the ones that are illegal AND stealing money through public assistance programs.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:53 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
First of all, we are LEGAL immigrants. This issue has nothing to do with immigrants, it has to do with ILLEGAL immigrants. The vast majority of Americans don't have any problems with immigrants at all. It's the ones that are illegal AND stealing money through public assistance programs.
Legal immigrant works for me as well

Old 12-12-2007, 09:02 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,770,656 times
Quote:
Ok, first of all--are you people talking about mexicans here? actually, it doesn't matter.

The thing that seemed soo appaling to me: u are accusing us of STEALING YOUR JOBS. OMG, would you want to be a waiter? bus boy? dishwasher? Would u want to work in a hot kitchen 12 hours a day? 70 hours a week with no days off? Vacation?-what is it? Would u? so why don't u fckin go ahead and do it, get out of your office cubicles and do some physical work! I'll see how long you're gonna last.
U gonna say: so why did we leave our countries. There's a lot of reasons, mister. U have probably never been outside the US, and don't know nothing about the rest of the world. i'm not gonna start here about it, it's useless anyway.
my point is---we are not stealin your jobs, we are doing the jobs that you people don't want to do, at least not for the same salary.
immigrating to this country is not as easy as you think, so some people have to stay illegal for a while be4 they are given a chance.
as u see, i do speak english. i know more about american history than u or your kids do. i do carry a full coverage insurance.
Extend your horizons people. and don't forget : U ARE IMMIGRANTS TOO
First of all, appalling is spelled thusly. Secondly, many of us have done those jobs that you claim we as Americans do not want. Who do you think did them before this last overwhelming wave of illegal immigrants?

For someone who claims to know English--the writing certainly doesn't show off your knowledge and if your claims regarding your knowledge of American history were true, you would realize that immigrant only refers to the first generation to come to a country. Their progeny are NOT considered immigrants.

I'm not an immigrant. I am a second generation American on my father's side and indigneous Native American on my mother's side. In fact, you'll find that there is a vast part of the American population with Native American ancestry.

We are not immigrants. We are indigenous to this country. I have no problem with people who want to live in this country badly enough to go through the legal immigration process. I have a BIG problem with people coming here illegally and believing that the proximity of our southern border entitles them to jump ahead of all those who want to be a part of this country so much that they will go through the steps to do so legally.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:29 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,351,524 times
1. they don't pay taxes UNLESS they have a fake SS number or YOUR stolen SS number
2. they drive down wages
3. they do jobs Americans WILL do - like construction, hotel work, restaurants, etc.
4. they ruin neighborhoods by cramming 20 people into a one-bedroom apt.
5. they send all their non-taxed money home
6. they get free healthcare that even citizens don't get
7. we pay for their kids' schooling
8. they require interpretation, bilingual teachers, etc., which costs us money
9. they get welfare, WIC, food stamps, etc., even if they are illegal - no one asks their status
10. they are loyal to their own country (usually Mexico), and "demand" their "rights" where they don't have any

There - I came up with 10.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:20 AM

16,086 posts, read 41,265,306 times
5. Gunshots
4. Gangs
3. Graffiti
4. Gall
1. MY DRIVEWAY IS BLOCKED!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:37 AM

24,908 posts, read 39,355,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
After you, andreabeth, ....otherwise look it up.

Inasmuch as you made the claim, I agree with the other poster - If you have links to back up your claim(s), the polite thing would be to provide them when asked

Old 12-12-2007, 11:14 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,770,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Inasmuch as you made the claim, I agree with the other poster - If you have links to back up your claim(s), the polite thing would be to provide them when asked
Sorry, Greatday. You have a 50/50 chance of getting sources here. He expects you to do the research in order to prove or disprove his statements.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...n-radio-3.html Post #26

Last edited by Kele; 12-12-2007 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: Wanted make sure I cited a credible source.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 PM

16,086 posts, read 41,265,306 times
Hence, his moniker..

Old 12-12-2007, 12:39 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,553,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clopez View Post
I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD EDUCATE YOUR SELF MORE ON THIS
ILEGALS...... HAVE YOU ASK YOUR SELF HOW MUCH THEY GET PAY AND WERE THERE TAXES GO???? PROBABLE NOT SINCE YOUR JUST ASSUMING ,
THEY ALL ARE CRIMINALS.... PEOPLE LIKE U NEED MORE EDUCATION INSTEAD OF FINDING A SOLUTION YOU MAKE THING WORSE... LET'S CALL IT.. .......IGNORANCE...... I COME FROM A FAMILY OF ILEGALS I'M NOT A CRIMINAL I DONT EVEN HAVE A TRAFFIC TICKET........ I WORK DAY AFTER DAY ... I DONT LEAVE OF THE GOVERMENT..... THE PLEASE WERE I WORK IS FULL OF AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT DO RECEIVE ASSISTANCE....... COMMENTS?????????? PLEASE STOP AND THING WERE YOUR FROM ????
HISTORY WOULD BE THE RIGHT WORD....
Nice try, but I cannot take this post seriously.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,553,446 times
Quote:

I've done all these things, as have many of my native friends. Who do you think did these jobs before the influx of illegals? How many illegal Mexicans do you think there are in Hawaii? Alaska? Who do you think does these jobs in those two states?
Quote:
U ARE IMMIGRANTS TOO
Uh...no. I was born in Chicago.

Educate yourself on the definition of "immigrant."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration