Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:21 PM

951 posts, read 747,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Legal workers working those jobs would have paid a lot more in taxes than any illegal.
False because illegals don't get it back while legals do. I'd rather have them legal, background checks, etc. but the fact is they actually benefit our gov't programs more illegally because they will never get any of it back.

I'm just going to ignore your ad hominem attacks from now on but I'll answer this one time. I don't own a farm and I'm not Mexican.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,357,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
False because illegals don't get it back while legals do. I'd rather have them legal, background checks, etc. but the fact is they actually benefit our gov't programs more illegally because they will never see any of it back.

I'm just going to ignore your ad hominem attacks from now on but I'll answer this one time. I don't own a farm and I'm not Mexican.
Illegals usually get back all income taxes paid in sans SS because they are low wage earners many with a lot of dependants. A citizen would get paid more for the same job with less dependants and therefore would have more of a tax obligation than an illegal would. Many of these illegals send much of their earnings out of this country which does nothing to help our own economy. Many illegals pay no income taxes when getting paid off the books.

I'd rather they go home because they don't fall within our pre-determined legal immigant quotas based on the best interests of this country. Afterall, it is OUR country and not theirs.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think you do.

They are coming here to work, because some happen to have kids that end up being citizens makes your skin crawl I know.
No, it makes my wallet cry.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Illegals usually get back all income taxes paid in sans SS because they are low wage earners many with a lot of dependants.
coolstorybro.jpg

Perhaps you should read the article I linked where the spokespeople for the S.S. and IRS said exactly the opposite of your claim.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
citation needed. Again, illegal immigrants don't qualify for welfare. The males coming here to work are going to have anchor babies too? I mean, the males outnumber the females like 2 to 1 or more afaik. They are coming to work.

Well if they have a fake s.s. number and i.d. the employer won't really know if they are illegal or not and since approximately 75% pay taxes I guess your mostly wrong again. Should they just not hire Mexicans at all?

I believe in the free market like I thought the right did, apparently this is an exception for them though even though outsourcing is all good in their book. If someone is willing to work for less then isn't that the competition of the free market at work? I'd rather have them here legally working, paying taxes, etc. and contributing money to our economy instead of outsourcing to where jobs are cheaper. Competition creates cheaper/better products & services which is a good thing as I've already said.
They collect welfare through their anchors. The fact that there are some single male illegal aliens is really a weak argument against this scam.

Some employers know that they are hiring illegal aliens, some do not. But the fact remains that it is unlawful to present a fake or stolen SS or ID to work in this country. Where did you pull out that 75% figure...out of a hat? Regardless, low wage earners with many dependants get all income taxes back at the end of the year sans SS deductions.

Why mention Mexicans? Are they the only illegals here? I have no problem with Mexican-Americans or legal Mexican immigrants working in this country because they came within our pre-determined quotas.

Free market does not negate our immigration laws. You know better than that. Both outsourcing and illegal immmigration are killing American jobs.

What good are your so-called cheap prices if it puts Americans out of work by hiring cheap, illegal labor and therefore they can't afford to buy anything?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times
Oh, I see you chose to quote a source that refers to those opposed to illegal immigration as anti-immigrant. I realize you are only following the script provided by your leaders, but get real, this is beyond laughable.

YouTube - ‪Anchor Babies - Taxpayers Paying for Illegal Alien Births‬‏

Quote:
In Texas, where the state comptroller estimates illegal immigrants cost hospitals $1.3 billion in 2006, the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston is considering denying cancer care to such immigrants.
Quote:
Direct federal aid has been minimal, but in 2003, Congress appropriated $1 billion over four years for hospitals and other health care providers that serve illegal immigrants. More than 15,000 providers have registered for payments, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Rising health care costs put focus on illegal immigrants - USATODAY.com

Quote:
Carol Plato, who testified before a legislative committee, says the Florida Hospital Association estimates the cost is $100 million for illegal patient care.

Among the cases documented for a legislative committee looking into the problem include an illegal alien from Guatemala that ran up $1.5 million in medical bills from 2001 to 2003 at Martin Memorial Hospital in South Florida.
Illegal Aliens cost Florida Hospitals $100 Million | wtsp.com (http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=104683&catid=34 - broken link)

Quote:
To survive, they needed dialysis at a cost of about $50,000 a year, which their sporadic work as housekeepers, painters and laborers could not begin to cover.

And so they turned to Grady, a taxpayer-supported safety-net hospital that would provide dialysis to anyone in need, even illegal immigrants with no insurance or ability to pay.

That all changed on Oct. 4, when the strapped public hospital closed its outpatient dialysis clinic, leaving 51 patients — almost all illegal immigrants — in a life-or-death limbo.

Like other hospitals, particularly public hospitals, Grady has been left to provide costly treatments to nonpaying illegal residents who most likely could not have obtained such care in their home countries. American taxpayers and health care consumers have borne the expense.
The Breaking Point - Closing of Dialysis Unit Hits Illegal Immigrants Hard - Series - NYTimes.com

Unfortunately, our government prefers to hide this data from the public. In fact, the latest report is dated 1997 when they still referred to illegal aliens as illegal aliens. I wonder why this has not been updated.

Quote:
In fiscal year 1995, about $1.1 billion in welfare and food stamp benefits were provided to illegal aliens with citizen children.

Although illegal aliens also received supplemental security income and housing assistance for their citizen children, data with which to develop estimates for these two programs were unavailable.

Comprehensive national statistics on any misrepresentation or fraud perpetrated by illegal aliens receiving benefits on behalf of their citizen children are unavailable.
U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Extent of Welfare Benefits Received on Behalf of U.S. Citizen Children

Quote:
Specifically, in 2005, GAO reported that the percentage of criminal aliens in federal prisons was about 27 percent of the total inmate population from 2001 through 2004. Based on our random sample, GAO estimates that the criminal aliens had an average of 7 arrests, 65 percent were arrested at least once for an immigration offense, and about 50 percent were arrested at least once for a drug offense.

GAO estimates that costs to incarcerate criminal aliens in federal prisons and SCAAP reimbursements to states and localities ranged from about $1.5 billion to $1.6 billion annually from fiscal years 2005 through 2009
U.S. GAO - Criminal Alien Statistics: Information on Incarcerations, Arrests, and Costs

Next.

Quote:
They are a net benefit on the economy of our country. But please, let's hear your reasons for not letting them come here. It will be far more entertaining.
A net benefit? Please. They don’t even cover the costs for the K-12 education of their children; which, by the way, ranges from $8,000-$15,000 per student, per year. Are you suggesting the average illegal alien pays that amount annually in taxes? Remember, a large percentage of illegals work under the table = ZERO taxes.

I welcome all who come legally. Tell me why you believe they have a right to come without authorization, skills, or an education. Furthermore, why should U.S. taxpayers support them?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Where did you pull out that 75% figure...out of a hat?
Unlike you, everything I've stated I can back up with a source. How about you read the same article I told you to read regarding illegals not getting any taxes back ever.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
A net benefit? Please. They don’t even cover the costs for the K-12 education of their children; which, by the way, ranges from $8,000-$15,000 per student, per year. Are you suggesting the average illegal alien pays that amount annually in taxes? Remember, a large percentage of illegals work under the table = ZERO taxes.
Rofl. Are you suggesting every illegal alien has a kid in school? BTW I've already said it's pretty dishonest to call an American citizen a cost of illegals. Especially when that citizen, after educated, will provide to our economy and pay taxes, surprisingly enough to cover their schooling and then some.

Approx. 75% pay taxes as I've already stated. I'd be happier if all 100% paid by giving them a legal option to work instead of sneakin around to provide for their families.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times
Quote:
LOL. The studies all state, immigrants illegal or legal, are less likely to commit crime. Maybe you should actually, you know read.

We should allow as many that want to come provided they are here to work and pass a criminal background check.
Please cite the study, and the government source for the data.

Quote:
Let's play a game: You already got the free spot, no need to give the "but they are illegal" bit again. Oh, you get the "only thing you can do is call me racist" spot already too. Quick start.

Also, please quote Bernicar's stats you were referencing, preferrably with a citation/source.
No, let’s NOT play a game. This isn’t kindergarten recess.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You typing from some white suburb in Canada? Come take a roll down here in our schools, ERs and streets. You'll get a first hand look at the problems.

Sounds like the AZ talk. They'd have us think it was a war zone there. Meanwhile, as illegals were pouring into the country supposedly
Quote:
From 2004 to 2008, data from Arizona's DPS shows a 23 percent drop in the overall crime rate, while the FBI's statistics on Arizona show a 19 percent drop. Although the FBI has not released all of the data on 2009, Arizona's statistics show the crime rate in 2009 dropped an additional 12 percent.
PolitiFact | Bloomberg's Al Hunt says crime is down in Arizona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration