Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
coolstorybro.jpg

Perhaps you should read the article I linked where the spokespeople for the S.S. and IRS said exactly the opposite of your claim.
You're link doesn't work.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:00 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Rofl. Are you suggesting every illegal alien has a kid in school? BTW I've already said it's pretty dishonest to call an American citizen a cost of illegals. Especially when that citizen, after educated, will provide to our economy and pay taxes, surprisingly enough to cover their schooling and then some.

Approx. 75% pay taxes as I've already stated. I'd be happier if all 100% paid by giving them a legal option to work instead of sneakin around to provide for their families.
Please cite the government source from which you have made a determination that 75% of illegal aliens pay taxes. Moreover, I didn’t realize we have a separate "illegal alien" line item on tax returns.

Children of ILLEGAL ALIENS are still children of ILLEGAL ALIENS, whether born here or abroad. The checks are issued to, and cashed by, ILLEGAL ALIENS. Furthermore, the entire family benefits.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:03 PM

951 posts, read 746,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please cite the study, and the government source for the data.
Immigrants and Crime: Are They Connected? A Century of Research Finds that Crime Rates for Immigrants are Lower than for the Native-Born | Immigration Policy Center - Note the part where they state multiple studies. I've also heard a gov't official state every study done shows that this is true. Feel free to provide other evidence.

pdf
http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/sit...2012-12-07.pdf

Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Please cite the government source from which you have made a determination that 75% of illegal aliens pay taxes. Moreover, I didn’t realize we have a separate "illegal alien" line item on tax returns.
I didn't make a determination. Perhaps you guys could read links that I've already posted when I make these claims.

Quote:
The Social Security Administration estimates that about three-quarters of illegal workers pay taxes that contribute to the overall solvency of Social Security and Medicare.
http:/http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/2008-04-10-immigrantstaxes_N.htm/ (http://http//www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/2008-04-10-immigrantstaxes_N.htm/ - broken link)

or

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/87xx/doc8...mmigration.pdf

Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Oh, you didn't try and discredit my source by saying they are "illegal aliens" instead of "immigrants"? Rofl.

Anyway, they pay billions in taxes and Social Security that they won't ever be able to claim. They work jobs that American citizens aren't willing to do. A pool of cheap labor willing to work hard is very, very good for the economy. It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap, and allow us to spend our money elsewhere, which encourages growth. Growth produces jobs.

Mhmmm. Please enlighten me. Also, they don't receive welfare or food stamps like your Benicar buddy already stated. I'm thinking it's you guys that need to educate yourself on facts instead of rhetoric. I'm going to need legitimate sources to believe anything else he says since he already failed on the welfare/food stamp gambit.
Again, cite the government source and the methodology. Unless they have changed our tax forms today, there is no way possible to identify taxes paid by illegal aliens. By the way, how do they determine the filer is illegal?

The remainder of your post is pure BS. Again, prove it, and not with news articles.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:07 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
Why do you every time the subject is about the negative impact they have on our economy, jobs and taxes do you switch to crime stats?

Benicar already put your so-called viable sources about crime stats to rest on the prior page anyway. This isn't about "immigrants".

Old 05-24-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I didn't make a determination. Perhaps you guys could read links that I've already posted when I make these claims.
And, how does the Social Security Administration make that determination? Again, show us the methodology. I am still waiting to hear how they identify an illegal filer from legal.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
And, how does the Social Security Administration make that determination? Again, show us the methodology. I am still waiting to hear how they identify an illegal filer from legal.
Do you know how to read?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why do you every time the subject is about the negative impact they have on our economy, jobs and taxes do you switch to crime stats?
Maybe if you could follow along you would see I was asked something about crime. I mean, Benicar even bolded it ffs.

Quote:
Benicar already put your so-called viable sources about crime stats to rest on the prior page anyway.
orly? rofl

Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Do you know how to read?
Quote:
Maybe if you could follow along you would see I was asked something about crime. I mean, Benicar even bolded it ffs.

orly? rofl
Clearly, you are only here to inflame, and have absolutely nothing of substance to add to any debate on illegal immigration. I have posted credible sources to refute your pro-illegal, adolescent nonsense. Yet, you persist. Unless you can provide government sources and their methodology, you are simply parroting the bull of your handlers, and making a fool out of yourself in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration