Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,494,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Should California have imposed a ban on tortillas too? I'm pretty sure their taco eating is nothing more than a **** on the American flag.
Now you are being completely ridiculous.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:31 PM

192 posts, read 115,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Now you are being completely ridiculous.
In AMERICA, we eat AMERICAN FOOD. Anything else would be INSULTING, and sticking a FINGER IN THE EYE of the AMERICAN people. This means APPLE PIE, *******. Blue crabs! Corn on the cob! Hambergurs, with AMERICAN cheese! If people move here and want to eat food that's not AMERICAN, they should go to a country that actually eats that food.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 PM

18,413 posts, read 19,072,202 times
cyana, perhaps you missed my post, could you please clarify your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
if a disabled child is being "bullied" to do anything to the point of tears why wouldn't you have asked to see a supervisor right away to complain about it instead of just walking out the door? funny how the kid knew "uno, dos" was one, two to stubbornly repeat it in refusal to go along with the spanish teacher. why too, would you apply somewhere that you already knew violated client rights?

many people speak spanish and other languages to each other on the job, "rude" or not.

did they speak english to you when you spoke to them?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:45 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,359,290 times
Have people here not noticed these new arrivals backing each other up with similar post counts and join dates?

I smell trolls.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
if a disabled child is being "bullied" to do anything to the point of tears why wouldn't you have asked to see a supervisor right away to complain about it instead of just walking out the door? funny how the kid knew "uno, dos" was one, two to stubbornly repeat it in refusal to go along with the spanish teacher. why too, would you apply somewhere that you already knew violated client rights?

many people speak spanish and other languages to each other on the job, "rude" or not.

did they speak english to you when you spoke to them?
In answer to your first question regarding reporting it to a supervisor, she was actually there as well. I reported it to the proper authorities, as I have been trained to do. It is law that anyone who works in the health care field must report abuses to a county department which investigates the abuses.

Regarding applying to work for a company which has already been reported for abuses...are you not aware that most care facilities of this type have been reported at one time or another for abuses against clients? Sadly, too many sick abusive people are attracted to a field where there are many potential victims for them. I managed a care facility where I was known as "The Terminator" because I was very, very good at weeding out abusers and making sure they were arrested.

So, what do you think would happen in these places if people like myself refused to apply for work based on the fact that they had previous citations for abuses? What would happen is that you would have nothing but abusive-type employees caring for the extremely vulnerable.

Did they speak English to me? Actually, they were so rude that not only did they not even say "hello" when introduced, they couldn't even offer a smile. That tells me exactly what type of atmosphere I would be working in. The only one who spoke English to me was the supervisor, and she was from India. All the employees were Hispanic.

But I'm content that my contact at the county department will be investigating this business.

I really can't believe the arrogance of those on this forum who truly believe that being in a situation where all of those around you speaking a language you don't understand couldn't be harmful, traumatic and frightening.

My father was in an Alzheimer's/Dementia residential care home here in California while I was living in England. His dementia at that time was low-level and he could still go out on his own. I, and my siblings, would get phone calls from him at night because he was upset that ALL of the employees on that shift spoke only Spanish. His needs were not being met because he could not communicate with them. He would speak to them and request help, but would be ignored. My siblings paid a personal visit at 9:00pm one night and found that dad was telling the truth. I phoned from England and found the same thing. I confronted the owner, who was Fillipino. By this time we were looking for a new place for dad. Finally, one night my dad asked this Mexican guy on the shift to help him find his watch. My dad became upset because the guy either couldn't understand, or pretended not to. Dad tried to grab the guy,s arm to pull him to his room and SHOW him what he wanted and this guy grabbed both of my father's arms and shoved him into a wall. Dad became frightened and ran out the door of the home, into the street, where he narrowly missed being hit by a big pickup truck. The kind young man in the truck phoned the police for dad, as well as my brother. This home was reported by all of us and lost its license. Three other residents also lodged complaints through their families.

My father was in his 80's and only knew English because it is the language of the United States. Was this fair or right, to cause such distress and harm to an elderly man, because foreigners to OUR country were too arrogant to learn OUR language?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 PM

5 posts, read 2,352 times
A language is like a cat. Nobody owns one.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackaroni View Post
I'd think they were probably better schools.
Well, I think they are pushing a political agenda.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Schools even require students to study the Muslim teachings of al-jabr (Arabic: الجبر). We're one step away from Sharia law in the Constitution.
Actually, Sharia Law was being allowed in the UK at the time I moved from there back to the USA. As soon as the government approved it there was a spate of young Muslim women's dead bodies being found. Ah! The joys of multiculturalism!

Old 06-23-2011, 12:58 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,213,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Well, I think they are pushing a political agenda.
I don't understand why. If there was a language that you'd want to teach, wouldn't it be the second most commonly spoken one in the country?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:58 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,682,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP7 View Post
I feel ya man, I went to a job interview the other day and had to walk out when I discovered that they required a college degree. This is America! I shouldn't be forced to develop a skill set that is valuable and relevant to my potential employer in order to work for them.
Well they should learn English and stop imposing their language on us.
You right

English doesn't take a degree.

Those lazy illegals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration