Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:38 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,337,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Yet the same person will acuse anyone with a different set of "math" as a racist and call them all sorts of nasty names. People who see a different solution to this problem have already been called some "nice" names already on this thread.
I don't know what person you are referring to but at any rate please give us your "math" in this matter. Uh, there is distinct definition of a racist. It isn't someone who wants our immigration laws enforced and respected. I think any rational person would apply that label to someone who thinks their ethnic group is above our laws, however (superiority).

If that "solution" isn't in the best interests of this country as a whole my label for them would be anti-American. If the shoe fits, wear it, nice or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 03:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
Quote:
What was that method? Stand in a line for a few hours?
Whatever they were required to do, it was the established procedure of that time. Today, we have specific laws which dictate our legal immigration process. As in the past, we expect foreigners who wish to reside in this country, whether temporarily or permanently, to show us enough respect as a sovereign nation, to comply with our established laws, rules, and procedures.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:44 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,759,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Whatever they were required to do, it was the established procedure of that time. Today, we have specific laws which dictate our legal immigration process. As in the past, we expect foreigners who wish to reside in this country, whether temporarily or permanently, to show us enough respect as a sovereign nation, to comply with our established laws, rules, and procedures.
It certainly wasn't strict as the poster i responded to claimed.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:46 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,759,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know what person you are referring to but at any rate please give us your "math" in this matter. Uh, there is distinct definition of a racist. It isn't someone who wants our immigration laws enforced and respected. I think any rational person would apply that label to someone who thinks their ethnic group is above our laws, however (superiority).

If that "solution" isn't in the best interests of this country as a whole my label for them would be anti-American. If the shoe fits, wear it, nice or not.
Exactly, so you have to stop trying to correct people if they label you a certain way.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
Quote:
It certainly wasn't strict as the poster i responded to claimed.
Again, they complied with the established procedures. Unlike illegals, they didn’t violate our sovereignty.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,337,719 times
Quote:
Exactly, so you have to stop trying to correct people if they label you a certain way.
I will gladly accept any labels of me that are based on "truth" rather than their own biased opinion.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:18 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,355,109 times
Quote:
Why on earth in your rational should we allow foreigners to come here even legally to compete with our own workforce especially with millions of Americans out of work right now?
Exactly. I can't believe we're still issuing work permits/visas, let alone even considering amnesty.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:40 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,474,757 times
Quote:
Why on earth in your rational should we allow foreigners to come here even legally to compete with our own workforce especially with millions of Americans out of work right now?
Some obviously did not get the memo: many many Americans out of work!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,474,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Exactly. I can't believe we're still issuing work permits/visas, let alone even considering amnesty.
Well for one, this administration, is in no way a rational bunch. Nevermind sane bunch.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:16 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,649,653 times
I went to the Social Security office yesterday and I approached the "security officer" desk and ask how I should proceed since the waiting room was full. She was shuffling papers, grunted something and flung her arm to the right.....I said, "pardon me, I'm sorry I didn't understand..." and she said something about the board and flung her arm again. She had the heaviest Hispanic accent I have ever heard and certainly a sullen attitude. Since I had to take a seat close to her desk, I listened to her speak almost unintelligibly the whole time unless someone came in who seemed to need Spanish to be spoken......amazing.....it isn't the United States of America anymore, it is the tower of babel.......

eta: I'm not racist. I have numerous foreign born clients. but, couldn't a plain speaking American citizen have had that job, would love to have had that job....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration