Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,537,828 times

Advertisements

Tell the viewers to have bake sales to pay for his care.

If that's impossible, send Mexico the bill.

If they don't wanna pay, drive him to the border, unload his gurney on the Mexico side and be done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,565,317 times
I am an American. I was in another country on a work visa. While I was there, my visa expired and I had to get it extended. Before I got it extended, I was technically illegal. Once it was extended, I became legal.

This guy now has a green card and a SSN which allows him to work here. He is no longer here illegally.

He doesn't qualify for Medicare. He doesn't have insurance. He's just like most people who live in the US. Are you suggesting that we just stop treating him? We don't do even do that with our criminals.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:19 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,865,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
...Even if he is some form of legal immigrant he's not supposed to be a burden on Americans so he should be deported back home on those grounds.

Mexico has the world's richest man and NHC. Let his fellow Mexicans take care of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Tell the viewers to have bake sales to pay for his care.

If that's impossible, send Mexico the bill.

If they don't wanna pay, drive him to the border, unload his gurney on the Mexico side and be done with it.
I didn't see this much vitriol on the Polish woman in the hospital, and she was an illegal immigrant...

Note that a Legal Permanent Resident can't access government benefits if here less than five years in that status, but that doesn't mean deportation if payment can't be made regarding his medical care. Even then, it would fall on his sponsor for payment, not him. He is not violating the terms of his legal residency, but apparently it matters more of where he is from rather than being in Legal Permanent Resident status for some here.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,363,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I didn't see this much vitriol on the Polish woman in the hospital, and she was an illegal immigrant...

Note that a Legal Permanent Resident can't access government benefits if here less than five years in that status, but that doesn't mean deportation if payment can't be made regarding his medical care. Even then, it would fall on his sponsor for payment, not him. He is not violating the terms of his legal residency, but apparently it matters more of where he is from rather than being in Legal Permanent Resident status for some here.
You're wrong. There was just as much "vitrol about the Polish woman. You must have a short memory. Your bitterness about Mexicans continues to shine through especially with your last sentence.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:31 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,363,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I am an American. I was in another country on a work visa. While I was there, my visa expired and I had to get it extended. Before I got it extended, I was technically illegal. Once it was extended, I became legal.

This guy now has a green card and a SSN which allows him to work here. He is no longer here illegally.

He doesn't qualify for Medicare. He doesn't have insurance. He's just like most people who live in the US. Are you suggesting that we just stop treating him? We don't do even do that with our criminals.
No, what is being suggested that even though here legally he is still a Mexican citizen not a U.S. citizen and Mexico should cover his bills and continue his medical care down there.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,537,828 times
Quote:

I didn't see that thread. If I had, my comment would have instead been.

Tell the viewers to have bake sales to pay for her care.

If that's impossible, send Poland the bill.

If they don't wanna pay, stick her on a Lot Airline flight to Warsaw, unload her gurney on the tarmac and be done with it.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,881,410 times
Quote:

Oh for god sakes enough with the accusations that most Americans only dislike illegals because more than half of them are from Mexico.

What makes you think any of us like the Polish woman either?

If his sponsor can't pay for his medical care he should be shipped home to Mexico. Mexico has a perfectly fine medical system for their own citizens as I'm sure you very well know.

Most of us dislike illegals because they're arrogant lawbreaking tresspassers. They're a huge burden on the American taxpayer because they sue social services and don't pay for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're wrong. There was just as much "vitrol about the Polish woman. You must have a short memory. Your bitterness about Mexicans continues to shine through especially with your last sentence.
His bias clearly shows through. Apparently we're not allowed to criticize illegals because he happens to share an ethnic identity with them. He reminds me of a certain senator of mine who am not planning to vote for because said senator shares the same idiotic viewpoint.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, what is being suggested that even though here legally he is still a Mexican citizen not a U.S. citizen and Mexico should cover his bills and continue his medical care down there.
He's of Legal Permanent Resident status here. He has the right to continue to legally reside here until death, unless he violates the terms of his LPR status. Effectively the government of Mexico can do nothing to persuade his representation to return him. If he leaves the United States even for a single trip he can be refused re-entry, so his best option for future care is to stay here.

Realistically he could be a vegetable for five years and then qualify for Medicaid before his release from the hospital...

Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I didn't see that thread. If I had, my comment would have instead been.

Tell the viewers to have bake sales to pay for her care.

If that's impossible, send Poland the bill.

If they don't wanna pay, stick her on a Lot Airline flight to Warsaw, unload her gurney on the tarmac and be done with it.
Poland doesn't want to take her back because she hasn't resided there for decades (thus negating any government assistance she could receive)...

Old 09-30-2011, 04:52 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,881,410 times
Quote:
He's of Legal Permanent Resident status here. He has the right to continue to legally reside here until death, unless he violates the terms of his LPR status. Effectively the government of Mexico can do nothing to persuade his representation to return him. If he leaves the United States even for a single trip he can be refused re-entry, so his best option for future care is to stay here.

Realistically he could be a vegetable for five years and then qualify for Medicaid before his release from the hospital...
Americans only have the right to get emergency medical care and that's it. Even then the bills technically have to be paid. Why should someone who broke the law and wasn't even supposed to be here have the right to get unlimited medical care he can't pay for? If he's not eligible for medicaid and he can't pay his bills and his sponsor won't pay for them he should be deported back to Mexico. We are not the world's hospital.

Let the government of Mexico finally do something for their citizens besides send them here and demand we support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration