Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:52 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,864,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh for god sakes enough with the accusations that most Americans only dislike illegals because more than half of them are from Mexico...

...Most of us dislike illegals because they're arrogant lawbreaking tresspassers. They're a huge burden on the American taxpayer because they sue social services and don't pay for them...

...His bias clearly shows through. Apparently we're not allowed to criticize illegals because he happens to share an ethnic identity with them. He reminds me of a certain senator of mine who am not planning to vote for because said senator shares the same idiotic viewpoint.
But Jesus Cornelio is a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident, not an illegal alien...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 04:57 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,881,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But Jesus Cornelio is a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident, not an illegal alien...
Under the terms of that status he's still not supposed to be using welfare. He is. He's violating those terms and should be deported back to Mexico. If he's not covered by medicaid he's not entitled to medical care at American expense.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,531,080 times
Quote:
Poland doesn't want to take her back because she hasn't resided there for decades (thus negating any government assistance she could receive)...
So she's without a nationality? If you live outside of Poland for a few years you cease being Polish? O.K. if you SAY so...

I think cases like that are always welcome in SWEDEN.

She can go there. It's a humanitarian case because she's hospitalized. A definite shoe-in. She'd get a Swedish passport in no time.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:28 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,563,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, what is being suggested that even though here legally he is still a Mexican citizen not a U.S. citizen and Mexico should cover his bills and continue his medical care down there.
So if you get sick on a trip to Norway and are an American citizen, Uncle Sam will cover your bills. And regardless of your condition, you will be sent home.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,361,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
So if you get sick on a trip to Norway and are an American citizen, Uncle Sam will cover your bills. And regardless of your condition, you will be sent home.
If you can afford a trip to Norway I am sure you have health insurance. Most Americans when traveling abroad plan ahead for this possible issue occuring before they leave the states. I am not familiar with how that works, however. No, no hospital in the world that I know of will send you home until you are stabilized and out of danger.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Under the terms of that status he's still not supposed to be using welfare. He is. He's violating those terms and should be deported back to Mexico. If he's not covered by medicaid he's not entitled to medical care at American expense.
He's not using "welfare" (you guys and gals are getting quite odd in your terminology)...

Apply your statement to other Legal Permanent Residents to see if the comparison holds up...

Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,618,355 times
Quote:
I didn't see this much vitriol on the Polish woman in the hospital, and she was an illegal immigrant...

Note that a Legal Permanent Resident can't access government benefits if here less than five years in that status, but that doesn't mean deportation if payment can't be made regarding his medical care. Even then, it would fall on his sponsor for payment, not him. He is not violating the terms of his legal residency, but apparently it matters more of where he is from rather than being in Legal Permanent Resident status for some here.
WHAT?!!! Yes, that’s right, we all had nothing but praises for the Polish illegal alien. These are just a few of the comments from PAGE 1 of an 11 page thread with 106 posts. I can’t believe you would tell such a blatant lie.

Quote:
She needs to go like every other illegal.The hospital did its good deed already.
Quote:
Send the bill to Obama. He should have plenty of cash from his book sales to cover the criminal's hospital costs.
Quote:
Not only is this woman bleeding our resources, but her illegal son had declared bankruptcy TWICE! Send them all back to Poland.

And she's been here 20 years and doesn't speak English?!
Quote:
Geez, not only do they enter our country illegally and run up costs that they incured they refuse to even learn our langauge after 20 years. What is wrong with our government allowing this to happen?
Quote:
We can't have that attitude for free loading illegals.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...tches-2-a.html

Old 09-30-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So she's without a nationality? If you live outside of Poland for a few years you cease being Polish? O.K. if you SAY so...

I think cases like that are always welcome in SWEDEN.

She can go there. It's a humanitarian case because she's hospitalized. A definite shoe-in. She'd get a Swedish passport in no time.
Read the article, it should still be up on the board...

I'm amazed at how callous some are when someone now in a fully legal status can be considered deportable in this life-or-death medical condition...

Old 09-30-2011, 06:08 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,361,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
WHAT?!!! Yes, that’s right, we all had nothing but praises for the Polish illegal alien. These are just a few of the comments from PAGE 1 of an 11 page thread with 106 posts. I can’t believe you would tell such a blatant lie.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...tches-2-a.html
Right, no "vitrol" there, right Benicar? Where was his outrage about 300,000 illegal aliens (probably mostly Mexicans) being given a stay of deportation by Obama and many of them will be given work permits?

Old 09-30-2011, 06:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,618,355 times
Quote:
Read the article, it should still be up on the board...

I'm amazed at how callous some are when someone now in a fully legal status can be considered deportable in this life-or-death medical condition...
Of course the thread is still here. I just included the link on my response to you on post #27.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration