Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,993,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If a child has been here for 17 of their 18 years of life, they are as much an American as my son is.

And no one is doing the jobs of the "undocumented" or "illegals", so I say let them stay here. Hell, we need to open the border up more.

Free country and all, we should accept everyone. It'll drive down labor costs, increase production in factories, and make us competitive with China because we'll have cheaper labor.
When the founding fathers wrote the Constitution, and included birth rights, it was included with other laws...laws that would work together to maintain law and order in this country.

When you ignore the other laws, and allow millions of people to come here illegally, it certainly negates the birth rights.

As for the cheap labor and other people not wanting to do the work...During my lifetime, I did all those jobs...cleaning, landscaping, labor, loading trucks....These illegals simply drove down wages, putting legal residents out of the market, and driving down the quality of life here.

I've now see parts of this country that look like 3rd world slums...That's not progress.

What we need are to let all the people in that legally applied...they are the ones we need - thay have skills.

If our economy was allowed to grow properly, these people could have developed their own countries as we would be buying from them.

But, we let the drug dealers take over their countries by not prosecuting the drug users here. Change the laws to fine the drug users $10,000 each occurence. It will stop, if it is the white businesspeople that are the primary users. And put out bounties on them - pay people $2,500 (incognito) for turning them in. (But if they set them up, $25,000 fine or 7 years in jail for them).

Old 08-24-2012, 10:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,256,564 times
Quote:
Many folks already live like the third world here.

Have you ever been to a third world country?
Yes..... I have been to several. Americans have no clue what poor is or looks like. With the possible exception of our homeless we have very few Americans who live in third world poverty.
Third World Poverty, Hunger, Starvation, Pictures, stock photos, Images, Archives, Fine Art Prints, Photography, Photographs, Malnutrition, Posters

La Chureca boy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is poverty!!

Old 08-24-2012, 10:53 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,233,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Undocumented, as Obama calls those who have no legal papers, don't like to be called illegal. Some of them don't even believe that they are breaking any laws by being here illegally. I would cry for them if this weren't so ridiculous but it is hard to feel sorry for someone who can't understand that he committed a crime, according to the US Criminal Code and until he serves his stated time as payment is still illegal.

Don
Are they here legally?

No?

Then they are illegal.

As soon as people realize this we'll all be in better shape:

Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,138,071 times
This reminds me of something that I had to learn first hand and pointed out finally by a female family member.

I had a house before this one. It was a nice house and I did lots of landscaping and all that jazz. The neighbors on that street were very nice, it was a good solid family enviorement.

I was on the corner and the house on one side was very close. Because of the corner lot my frontage looked huge compared to others and was about 100 feet.

One Christmas, the neighbor decided to run lights across the top eaves. Next thing I know coming home from work from another street entry, and dark at that time of year...all his lights were on and guess what..?

They decided to run the string of lights right across my side in order to create the curb appeal illusion that there house was huge, by stealing my corner and running the lights right across the corner side of my house which was parallel to their facade.

So heres the deal....people are all nice basically....but if you don't pay attention , things change in the environment

people are always thinking they are doing people favors.

problem is change will gain momentum and they will move right into your living room and kick you out of the house if you let them(guaranteed

this is a rule in life that no 1 two legged human made up.

Last edited by stargazzer; 08-24-2012 at 11:18 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 PM

192 posts, read 439,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
This reminds me of something that I had to learn first hand and pointed out finally by a female family member.

I had a house before this one. It was a nice house and I did lots of landscaping and all that jazz. The neighbors on that street were very nice, it was a good solid family enviorement.

I was on the corner and the house on one side was very close. Because of the corner lot my frontage looked huge compared to others and was about 100 feet.

One Christmas, the neighbor decided to run lights across the top eaves. Next thing I know coming home from work from another street entry, and dark at that time of year...all his lights were on and guess what..?

They decided to run the string of lights right across my side in order to create the curb appeal illusion that there house was huge, by stealing my corner and running the lights right across the corner side of my house which was parallel to their facade.

So heres the deal....people are all nice basically....but if you don't pay attention , it suggests you don't appreciate something you have. Once that happens people will take that off of you to help you see an appreciation...

problem is the plan will gain momentum and they will move right into your living room if you let them...( guaranteed

this is a rule in life that no one two legged human made up.

* Snip*

T.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post

So heres the deal....people are all nice basically....but if you don't pay attention , things change in the environment

problem is change will gain momentum and they will move right into your living room and kick you out of the house if you let them(guaranteed

this is a rule in life that no 1 two legged human made up.
Yes. The answer isn't to bring in all the sad impoverished people of the world to live the great life in the USA and of course work for dirt wages.

The big exodus out of Mexico's impoverished regions might look like a quick fix -- let them pour over the border, take the jobs they want and let their own country go to hell.

There is really no reason at all for all prosperity to come to a screeching halt once you hit the south side of the border. When these people pack up and leave their own country, they did nothing for their country but leave it, they didn't build up it's infrastructure, they didn't work for reforms, they often abandon elderly and children in the process. Massive emigration is just people abandoning ship -- it's more a situation of every man for himself, get into the big lifeboat they call the USA and they don't care if their own country sinks.

It would be much better for these people to do something about thier own country, if it needs reforms, they need to work for reforms.

It's foolish to believe that the American taxpayers can take in the over 2 billion impoverished people of the world and make everything nice for them here.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Why not?

Free market capitalism would say that some smart business guy will realize "hey, it costs me less to produce this product now. I can lower prices to get more market share and make more money in the process."

Or are we suddenly not for a free market?
What free market?

You've got millions of illegals who can be paid less than minimum wages if they want to work. If they come here and don't want to work, then they have babies and get on the many welfare handout programs.

And all those Americans that cannot find work because businesses would rather bring in semi-trailers full of illegals end up on government handouts. That is not free market.

Free market would mean we'd have to get rid of minimum wages and all the laws on employment and then businesses can offer as little pay as they wish -- and if the American won't work for $6 an hour, and the Mexican won't work for $5 an hour, the business can start bringing in Guatemalans who will work for $4 an hour.

And the taxpayers can do more of what we're doing -- pay to keep all the unemployed Americans fed and happy, and keep the illegals who have dropped out of the workforce to crank out babies fed and happy.

That's the free market?

No -- just end minimum wage, throw open the borders and let the free market determine the wages -- keep in mind in Mexico minimum wage is $4.50 a DAY -- it's lower yet in other Central American nations. Unlimited immigration is meant to bring our wages closer to that.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,744,347 times
My 1st amendment, says I can called them a wetb*ck, if I wish.
Illegal is mild to what I really label them.

And lets not mix "race" with... "nationality", to try and make a point. That only works on the ignorant, that do not know the difference in the two words.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:51 AM

Also a real free market would also have no welfare handouts, no free health care for those who come here and cannot afford doctors, and no housing subsidies.

Illegals coming here with 3rd grade educations and no ability to ever learn English would not be given admission to the finest hospitals to give birth and would not be rewarded with Section 8 housing and food stamps and WIC after their babies are born here.

It only makes sense for those who couldn't make it in their own country where the cost of living is very low to relocate enmasse to a much higher cost of living country because of the very generous safety nets offered here. Both to the displaced American workers and to the illegals pouring over the border because the pay is so wonderful here and the welfare handouts are amazing.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,744,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
keep in mind in Mexico minimum wage is $4.50 a DAY -- it's lower yet in other Central American nations. Unlimited immigration is meant to bring our wages closer to that.

Back in the early 90's, when they were first coming over and taking construction jobs here in Texas, one told me, he made $8 a day, in Mexico. He was making $5 an hour to install carpet, for a legal subcontractor, that was given amnesty by Ronald Reagan

I knew right then, my days were numbered, if this continued. A job I loved to do and kept me in the middle class, living a comfortable life and slowly building a clientele. By 98, it was lower my prices, or don't work.

Right now, the retail flooring stores have dropped their labor rates, to that of the 1970's

I'm sure most of the construction trades have experienced the same thing.
Here's the kicker... In the 90's a new construction $80,000 home, is now selling for $250,000-$400,000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration