Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
the comparison was limited to the branding, not treatment or outcome. while being marched off...is your addition not theirs.

I dont agree with the anology, but have to say the comparison went only as far as branding.
Illegals made the analogy. I only describe the difference.

Either way you can't compare. Its downright disgusting they would stoop so low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
the comparison was limited to the branding, not treatment or outcome. while being marched off...is your addition not theirs.

I dont agree with the anology, but have to say the comparison went only as far as branding.
Nothing wrong with "marching off" illegal aliens so they can be deported. I'm quite sure the Jews do just that in Israel. Sheesh!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Nothing wrong with "marching off" illegal aliens so they can be deported. I'm quite sure the Jews do just that in Israel. Sheesh!

Israel enforces its immigration laws, for sure.

Illegals, if they're being "marched" anywhere, are being marched to a detention center so they can be processed and deported.

Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, Communists, trade unionists, Slavs, Catholics, the handicapped, the retarded, and anyone else the Nazis deemed undesirable were "marched" to trains to be shipped to death camps. or "marched" into a forest so they could be shot/beaten to death, or "marched" into the backs of trucks so they could be gassed with carbon monoxide, or were "marched" into walled ghettos where they could be slowly starved to death or ravaged by disease; the survivors were shipped off to camps.

There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING in the illegal immigrant experience in the United States that bears any resemblence to what the victims of Nazi persecution experienced.

For them to make the comparison is disgusting. They either don't know anything about the Holocaust, or they are cynically attempting to gain sympathy by comparing the consequences of their illegal behavior with one of the worst genocides in written history.

The Holocaust destroyed 75% of European Gypsies and 67% of European Jews. It changed borders and ruined a centuries-old European Jewish culture in Poland. Poland used to have 3 million Jews. It now has fewer than 10,000. "Wiped out" is an understatement.

These people making the comparison are morons.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You have that backwards, DACA recipients have a lawful status, they don't have a legal status. A lawful status still doesn't guarantee them the privilege of driving or of obtaining a drivers license.

The whole of the article is incorrect to begin with. DACA recipients have a lawful status not a legal status. The author of the article and even the Gov of North Carolina are incorrect.
I am only going by what the article said.

"In North Carolina, the licenses, which will be issued to an estimated 18,000 young people, will read “No lawful status†on the front and back and will have a pink header instead of the standard blue.
Critics of the design of the licenses say they could cause trouble for immigrants who’ve been granted “deferred action†status by the Obama administration – meaning their presence in the U.S. is temporary but legal."

I certainly take that to mean that they are unlawfully in our country, but have been given a temporary legal status.

I don't agree with giving any illegal alien an ID (of any sort) in the US. However, if states choose to do so then I am totally agreement with them putting "No lawful status" - or even better, ILLEGAL ALIEN - on both sides of the ID. That, plus the pink headers, is fine with me.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I am only going by what the article said.

"In North Carolina, the licenses, which will be issued to an estimated 18,000 young people, will read “No lawful status” on the front and back and will have a pink header instead of the standard blue.
Critics of the design of the licenses say they could cause trouble for immigrants who’ve been granted “deferred action” status by the Obama administration – meaning their presence in the U.S. is temporary but legal."

I certainly take that to mean that they are unlawfully in our country, but have been given a temporary legal status.

I don't agree with giving any illegal alien an ID (of any sort) in the US. However, if states choose to do so then I am totally agreement with them putting "No lawful status" - or even better, ILLEGAL ALIEN - on both sides of the ID. That, plus the pink headers, is fine with me.
Thats why I said that the article and the Gov were incorrect. They are lawful just not legal, look to all the DHS documents in regards to it, look to Obama clarifying they are lawful.
Quote:
An individual who has received deferred action is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to be present in the United States, and is therefore considered by DHS to be lawfully present during the period deferred action is in effect. However, deferred action does not confer lawful status upon an individual, nor does it excuse any previous or subsequent periods of unlawful presence.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

and here by Obama
Quote:
The Obama administration says that illegal immigrants who qualify for its new non-deportation policy are now “considered to be lawfully present” in the U.S. — a legal status that could help them to get driver’s licenses.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2Iid81NMg

Nothing against you, simply pointing out the mistake made by the article and the Gov, to include the incorrect wording they would use on the DL.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-05-2013 at 09:00 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
These people are being given a gift..Now they want to cry about the box it came in. They act like everyone will see the licence. They only people that should ever see them are the police so whats the problem?. I think they want their licence to look like regular citizens so they can use them to help get fake Ids....screw that Yo just having a special driving licence dont mean you are a legal citizen..stop crying I dread the day when most illegals are told they cant be deported. This will empower them to protest and riot in the streets every time they think they are being mistreated.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
These people are being given a gift..Now they want to cry about the box it came in. They act like everyone will see the licence. They only people that should ever see them are the police so whats the problem?. I think they want their licence to look like regular citizens so they can use them to help get fake Ids....screw that Yo just having a special driving licence dont mean you are a legal citizen..stop crying I dread the day when most illegals are told they cant be deported. This will empower them to protest and riot in the streets every time they think they are being mistreated.
They don't want to admit to what they are which is illegal.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
Its not our fault that this group is here and since its not their fault either I understand trying to help them. But when someone offers to help you you shouldn't complain . Why are they entitled to pick how the gift looks. They should be thankful there is a special licence for them at all. They dont need to concern themselves with what my license looks like or any citizens . Its none of their business, They spend to much time studying our rights . They arent entitled to any of our rights.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

How are they being branded? When my son, a native-born U.S. citizen received his driver's license, initially, it had a different appearance from the standard MD license. At a glance, a police officer could tell that he was a "rookie" driver in the state. After a specified period driving without incident, MD issued the standard driver's license. Was my son "branded" or was he simply issued a license indicating his driving status? Likewise, on the back of my license appears -- Restriction(s): B - Corrective Lenses. Am I being "branded" or, is that notation simply to inform an officer that I am required by law to wear glasses while operating a motor vehicle?

Rather than whining about the "type" of driver's license the state issues Dreamies, they should be thankful they have been afforded the privilege of driving in this country. DACA did not change their status. It simply deferred their deportation, and granted "temporary" lawful presence.

Their comparison of their license to the despicable treatment of Jews during the Holocaust is beyond belief, but typical. Slaves were also branded. Only, they were branded on their skin like animals. I am only surprised they didn't compare their license to that. I am so sick of these arrogant, whiny ingrates. If they don't like their treatment in this country, unlike the Jews in Nazi Germany, they are certainly free to leave.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How are they being branded? When my son, a native-born U.S. citizen received his driver's license, initially, it had a different appearance from the standard MD license. At a glance, a police officer could tell that he was a "rookie" driver in the state. After a specified period driving without incident, MD issued the standard driver's license. Was my son "branded" or was he simply issued a license indicating his driving status? Likewise, on the back of my license appears -- Restriction(s): B - Corrective Lenses. Am I being "branded" or, is that notation simply to inform an officer that I am required by law to wear glasses while operating a motor vehicle?

Rather than whining about the "type" of driver's license the state issues Dreamies, they should be thankful they have been afforded the privilege of driving in this country. DACA did not change their status. It simply deferred their deportation, and granted "temporary" lawful presence.

Their comparison of their license to the despicable treatment of Jews during the Holocaust is beyond belief, but typical. Slaves were also branded. Only, they were branded on their skin like animals. I am only surprised they didn't compare their license to that. I am so sick of these arrogant, whiny ingrates. If they don't like their treatment in this country, unlike the Jews in Nazi Germany, they are certainly free to leave.
Excellent post as always, Benicar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration