Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:38 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Actually maybe fast food pleaces hiring illegals is a good thing for Americans...lol.

Just remember to thank an illegal, when you lose 20lbs from not eating that junk.

LOL!!! The Ultimate Jenny Craig. HAHAHAHAHA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 10:54 AM

6 posts, read 17,007 times
I have a huge problem with Arby's and a few other restaurants. While I enjoy eathing fast-food, I have an issue with them hiring illegals. I know they do because recently (and I've frequented the mall on many ocassions), they put the better English-speaking people in the front. Which is fine.

[Moderator Cut: Off topic]

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-27-2008 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: off topic comments.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:01 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,004,558 times
Bgallag...how do you know they are illegals? They are hiring Hispanics...which has nothing to do with Illegals. Your posts demonstrates gross ignorance and stereotypes....they are Hispanic AND speak Spanish...gasp...so they must be illegal. Nice job!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Do you know if their workers are illegal or not?
I think the Arby's in my hometown mostly has illegals and they treat the mall customers pretty poorly. I'm never going to Arby's and I'll urge others to do the same.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Bgallag...how do you know they are illegals? They are hiring Hispanics...which has nothing to do with Illegals. Your posts demonstrates gross ignorance and stereotypes....they are Hispanic AND speak Spanish...gasp...so they must be illegal. Nice job!
No. An acquaintance of mine who works at the mall overheard a conversation of the Arby's managers. I should have stated that. But no need for name-calling for a board that is about illegal immigration and boycotting.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
The inability to speak or understand English in an employment field requiring public interaction is sort of a hint that the person in question may not be "eligible" to work in the U.S.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:13 AM

I think, to a certain extent, we should require Spanish as a language in all the schools, both public and private, as well as requiring ESL for all schools as well. I took Spanish and I am going to sign up again for conversational Spanish because in this day and age, you sort of need it. But, illegals need to do the same. Maybe local organizations can offer free English classes or something. I've often thought that it would be wise for major employers, like Wendy's, McDonald's, Arby's, whatever, to offer free ESL classes. I would think that would increase business and decrease hesitancy about going there simply because of the language barrier.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:23 AM

582 posts, read 2,039,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
I love Arbys as much as the next guy, but this week I got a flyer with their coupons which gave equal space and print in hispanic.
I would expect this if 50% of their customers were non-english speaking latinos. We all know this isn't the case and they are blatantly pandering to hispanics.

I have a problem with any business which enables the behavior of hispanics who are too uneducated, arrogant or contemptuous of the US that they expect our society to change just for them.

When I see a business doing this, I stop giving them my patronage and urge other Americans to do the same. I also tell the management in person, and in writing. They pretend not to care, but when they lose their American customers they'll quickly change their policies to chomp at their almighty dollar.

Other examples I've seen are grocery stores, Walmarts, and auto parts stores. Please list others you know of here.

Keep America a place where Legal Immigrants strive to achieve their dreams and call home.

My father is a legal hispanic immigrant...please save racist comments for the far left.
well you just said all hispanics are uneducated,arrogant,contemptuos so that includes all hispanics.I don't care where you are from or your father for you to say that about all hispanics are this way is very ignorant.I am a hispanic and i am a taxpayer and a responsible individual and my family is well educated.You want to find trash everywhere just go to the ghetto where all your americans live, there's plenty of trash there.I'm talking from white to black to hispanic plenty of trash to go around brother!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,004,558 times
Bgall you keep interchanging Hispanics/Immigrants/Illegals....they are not interchangeable and all 3 are different. Speaking spanish, being Hispanic, being an Immigrant, and being Illegal are all MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. If you have a problem wiht Illegal Aliens, state that....but you are interchanging Hispanic/Immigrants/And Illegals...and they have little to do with eachother.

Kele the inability to speak Spanish in a public field does not even remotely suggest the people are illegal. It does suggest that MANAGEMENT are only paying the bare minimum legal wage, and as many Hispanics are hungry to work, they will do so at just about any wage....and MANAGEMENT exploits this at YOUR expense and the American quality of life. It is the BUSINESS OWNERS that are causing the ills that you see, not the Hispanics you assume must be Illegal because you hear them speaking English to eachother or others.

Take it up with the BUSINESS OWNERS, CORPORATIONS, and MANAGEMENTS that exploits cheap labor at YOUR expense, no the people, who like you and me, are trying to survive and raise a family.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:17 PM

I am not interchanging them. I know there are legals here.

[Moderator Cut: Mod Actions]

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-27-2008 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: Please dont discuss moderator actions. Stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration