Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if this was your family situation
I am against illegal immigration and I am against this marriage! 13 65.00%
I am for illegal immigration and I wish them the best! 1 5.00%
I am against illegal immigration, but I will respect their wishes. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 05:45 PM

63,123 posts, read 29,304,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
It would be for better long term results to go home and apply just like any other prospect foreign national to apply for status .I would not put the rest of Family at risk and her the person trying to get status.

Try that in let's say New Zealand? LOL

Good try to appeal to our sensitive side.
You caught on to that to?

Old 04-05-2014, 05:48 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,900,068 times
Default Think of This.

Until the person you are speaking wants entry, the way to do is to apply and whom ever can get a visa for six months at a time ,Return Home and apply for anther vis. Until your paper work is don and approved. To cheat the other thousands of people who wish entry is kind of selfish. Don't You think so!

As I posted to do the right way up front resolves many issues that could go bad. Like Federal Prison?

Old 04-05-2014, 05:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,857,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
...Also, love is a very powerful thing. While we can say what we would have, could have, should have done, there are plenty of American women that have moved to mexico to be with their significant others and have even blogged about it.
Within two sentences you have captured a very critical aspect that is prevalent on this forum area. For her blog, "Emi" has been brought up on the forum more than once, living with her husband Ray, a former illegal alien, in Ciudad Juarez waiting out a ten-year ban. But it doesn't matter to many members on this forum that Ray is going through the steps to eventually come back to the United States legally.

They don't want him here again (in fact when something like this is discussed, they say "EVER!"). No fine, penalty, or remedy is enough, Ray (and others like him that try to rectify what they have done at one point in their lives) will NEVER be accepted by them. I will add to your statement to say that hate is also a very powerful thing.

How deep does that hate go? A former member, knowing of my veteran status, claimed here on the open forum that she had accessed my financial records from her employment with the VA. From that, she said that she had learned my family was "illegals", and that we lived "hand-to-mouth".

Sure, it's false, and it's an Internet forum, but I was struck that she felt so much in her element here (especially with her employment, in a government agency dedicated to being responsive to veterans) to announce it. So much for claiming to take some moral high road, I'm a U.S. citizen with a 22-year military career, and have a family of legal immigrants. Of course that doesn't matter here either.

There's still a comment by another member here, saying that taxpayers are paying for "everyone I want to bring here", that I am not honoring my sponsorship requirements. Recently he said that I wasn't concerned about any deaths of Border Patrol agents by the hand of my "precious illegals". If such nasty behavior is done against a U.S. citizen that is a military veteran, with a legal immigrant family, what does a former illegal alien trying to make it right have going for him here?

Wow, happenstance that "Where Is The Love" just started playing on Pandora here, but I guess that is expected for my "Black Eyed Peas Radio"...

Old 04-05-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Until the person you are speaking wants entry, the way to do is to apply and whom ever can get a visa for six months at a time ,Return Home and apply for anther vis. Until your paper work is don and approved. To cheat the other thousands of people who wish entry is kind of selfish. Don't You think so!

As I posted to do the right way up front resolves many issues that could go bad. Like Federal Prison?
City-Data needs an "Uninformed Post" contest too. I'm trying to figure out why anyone would be recommending visa fraud for a foreign national to marry a U.S. citizen. And who are these "thousands of people" being cheated out of immigrating here, details please.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,258,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
Sure. Again, that's why republicans will be snowballed into a minority in coming decades. I partially agree with you, but calling someone scum and treating them with hostility as their population grow on both the legal an illegal side will and have been backfiring.

FYI: the kid I was talking about returned to his country, came back legally is now one of the most renowned doctors in his hospital. As someone who was once considered scum by you and others who swarm this forum, I'm sure he'd be interested to see this place.
Illegals population is growing? Maybe, or not who knows. If you do what I described legal, illegal, white, black or blue. You are a scum. Only 1 group takes it personally, that same group also seems to feel the most entitled to special treatment.
AS for your Doctor friend. Sure 1 in every 100,000 right? Obama played that card with a chemical engineer.
How about focus on the average illegal?
English is a challenge and that is being generous.
Using a fraudulent ID
Tax fraud or evasion
Driving without a license or insurance.
These examples more accurately and fairly describe the average illegal. I think you know this as well as I do. Just as I think you know that only a very low percentage of illegals are doctors, lawyers or Chemical engineers.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,258,927 times
Quote:
Obviously, this is not true. I have met several kids that do NOT speak spanish nor do they know anything about mexico. Let me just take you and drop off you off in a foreign country like indonesia and see how far you get.

Does your wife know that you feel this way? I actually have an issue with this, a person was posting (not you, someone else) that they did things the "right way" and they got married and the wife got legal and now she supposedly hates illegal immigrants. I have seen this kind of pretentiousness before and I cant' stand it. Just because a person got lucky enough to get married to an American, doesn't automatically make that hispanic person better than other hispanics. I've actually seen that and I can't stand it. It reeks of arrogance and I can't stand it.

I actually read that too and I was thinking. I know people that don't have car insurance, and we read about regular citizens that do id theft, welfare fraud etc, etc., but nobody ever complains about them. A crime is a crime right? Regardless of whoever does it.
Of course my wife knows that I feel I am married to a very brown skinned legal immigrant who is now a legal citizen. Yes my wife detests illegals as much or more than I do. She had to do it right, her daughter has to do it right. She absolutely feels that illegals should have to also do it right.
I mean who likes people who cut the line after you have been waiting your turn? No honest person will say that they have no issue with it.
What makes a legal immigrant better than any illegal immigrant is the fact the legal immigrant respected our laws and our right as a nation to determine who we allow to enter. An illegal is no better than the common criminal who sneaks into your home in the dark of night.
So yes a legal immigrant is better than an illegal until proven otherwise. The illegals through their actions have already demonstrated who and what they are.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,940,244 times
Quote:
And so, how do you know which ones are illegal and which ones arn't?
I've known illegals who said they were that and both of them have white skin.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:40 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,900,068 times
Default Hit a nerve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
City-Data needs an "Uninformed Post" contest too. I'm trying to figure out why anyone would be recommending visa fraud for a foreign national to marry a U.S. citizen. And who are these "thousands of people" being cheated out of immigrating here, details please.
Yes there is a waiting line to gain legal entry and it takes years in some cases. There is many people who travel back and forth until their docs are approved. This way they are building a life here and yet trying to do the process the right way. I know several folks who travel from Australia to the States and back again until the naturalization process has ended.

Remember we do have closed boarders with proper travel papers.

The marry part I have witness first had. Whom gets the citizen to fall in love and marry. They get status thus become a citizen. The citizen walks away. I know a person who marry a friend just to not get deported to Cuba! Most shady practice I will add.

Yes there are those who fraud the system by Illegal entry, over due Visa and Work permits that just because they are here in the USA they should automatically get status.

Uniformed I think not, I lived in the Great State of Arizona and travel the world. There are many would like for the American people to be sheep. I refuse and Love my Country!

Old 04-05-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Yes there is a waiting line to gain legal entry and it takes years in some cases. There is many people who travel back and forth until their docs are approved. This way they are building a life here and yet trying to do the process the right way. I know several folks who travel from Australia to the States and back again until the naturalization process has ended.

Remember we do have closed boarders with proper travel papers.

The marry part I have witness first had. Whom gets the citizen to fall in love and marry. They get status thus become a citizen. The citizen walks away. I know a person who marry a friend just to not get deported to Cuba! Most shady practice I will add.

Yes there are those who fraud the system by Illegal entry, over due Visa and Work permits that just because they are here in the USA they should automatically get status.

Uniformed I think not, I lived in the Great State of Arizona and travel the world. There are many would like for the American people to be sheep. I refuse and Love my Country!
This could be a whole topic in itself to correct all of the inaccuracies, no wonder this forum seems like it is in the stone ages sometimes...

Old 04-05-2014, 10:44 PM

It appears that there needs to be some baseline data for this topic:

A majority of legal immigrants qualify from a relationship to a U.S. citizen, about half of them are the spouse of the U.S. citizen. Marriage to a U.S. citizen in itself does not provide immigration status or "instant" U.S. citizenship. Once they have been married to the same U.S. citizen for at least three years, and at least three years in a Legal Permanent Resident status, they can apply to naturalize.

Entry on a "tourist" visa with the intent to marry a U.S. citizen is visa fraud. Applying for a tourist visa or using the Visa Waiver Program with intent to immigrate to the United States (and marriage to a U.S. citizen is considered "immigrant intent") permanently is visa fraud. This has been incorrectly stated on this topic as a way to stay within immigration law.

An illegal immigrant parent is more likely to be in a relationship with a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident than another illegal immigrant. Thus the concept of "legalizing" through "Anchor Baby" sponsorship, or that two illegal alien parents having kids for welfare benefits is not common. Hispanics have less welfare use per capita than non-Hispanic whites and Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration