Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if this was your family situation
I am against illegal immigration and I am against this marriage! 13 65.00%
I am for illegal immigration and I wish them the best! 1 5.00%
I am against illegal immigration, but I will respect their wishes. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 06:39 PM

63,156 posts, read 29,323,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. People need to be smart about who they fall in love with -- and it is under their control.

People justify adultery because they fell in love with someone after being married to someone else.

At least one of the Melendez brothers and the Night Stalker were married while in prison because apparently someone fell in love with them even knowing they were killers.

Just because someone falls in love with a murderer in prison it shouldn't change anything -- it shouldn't shorten their prison term. If someone falls in love -- so what? It shouldn't change anything as far as crimes committed.

The illegal should be sent home -- just like unloved illegals should be and if the one who claims to have all this love really means it, they can relocate to that other country and be in love there.

Love doesn't just happen in the USA. Making different rules for those who can find someone who'll date them is not close to being fair. What if someone is here illegally but doesn't find "love"? They're sent home while the lover-types stay? They committed the same crimes but they are penalized simply for being dateless?
Same thing applies to illegals that have children opposed to those who do not. You brought this up recently yourself. The ones with kids shouldn't get a pass on our immigration laws just for giving birth on our soil or bringing their kids here illegally with them.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:52 PM

26,059 posts, read 22,259,208 times
Would I want my son to marry someone here illegally living in a state of breaking the law? No. My son actually married an Asian woman and they had to jump through a lot of hoops before the marriage in her home country and then through many more before she and her son came into the country - lots of paper work, waiting and money. They have married about 10 years now.

When it comes to illegal immigrants, seriously, I would question the motive and love could be a possibility but, maybe not since we are talking about someone that lies as a matter of their existence in this country.

If you have to term feeling negative about people that break our laws as "hate" and that is all you got, you have lost the argument. I have no respect for people who break the law and I am sure my son would not either so I don't think this ever would have been a problem. Actually, my whole family believes in following the laws and not mooching off others, think those "anchor" babies to start out with.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,089,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Would I want my son to marry someone here illegally living in a state of breaking the law? No. My son actually married an Asian woman and they had to jump through a lot of hoops before the marriage in her home country and then through many more before she and her son came into the country - lots of paper work, waiting and money. They have married about 10 years now.

When it comes to illegal immigrants, seriously, I would question the motive and love could be a possibility but, maybe not since we are talking about someone that lies as a matter of their existence in this country.

If you have to term feeling negative about people that break our laws as "hate" and that is all you got, you have lost the argument. I have no respect for people who break the law and I am sure my son would not either so I don't think this ever would have been a problem. Actually, my whole family believes in following the laws and not mooching off others, think those "anchor" babies to start out with.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,830,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Same thing applies to illegals that have children opposed to those who do not. You brought this up recently yourself. The ones with kids shouldn't get a pass on our immigration laws just for giving birth on our soil or bringing their kids here illegally with them.
Yes, that kind of thing doesn't work for other crimes.

Someone going to jail for writing bad checks can't turn around and claim that because they had kids (on welfare) that while the childless can go to jail, they must be spared. And they certainly can't claim that because they have a girlfriend or boyfriend, they must be made exempt from the laws.

You can't write bad checks or embezzle and say that you're special because you got someone to date you. You can't be stopped for speeding and tell the cop that because you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend he can't write you a traffic ticket.

Children or no children, lover or no lover --- the laws should apply the same.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,262,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

This post says it all and very well. No parent would want their child to be involved with a criminal of any kind. Those of us who have been through the system tend to feel that fair play is in order when it comes to free passes given out to illegals. As in all things there will always be a some exceptions. That doesn't make them bad people, I will however, respectfully disagree with them.
We have laws for a reason. They need not be fair to illegals or any applicant. They need only be what is in the best interest of this nation. The process is designed to weed out criminals from entering legally. Illegals in their actions demonstrate why they are unfit for consideration. This nation produces far to many criminals on our own. There is absolutely no reason to import more.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,745,708 times
I genuinely feel dumber after reading the thread, so much hate and opinions mistaken for facts.... Since apparently the vast majority of you made your minds already and if the facts disagree with your opinions - too bad for the facts, I'm closing this thread before it gets out of hand.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration