Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if this was your family situation
I am against illegal immigration and I am against this marriage! 13 65.00%
I am for illegal immigration and I wish them the best! 1 5.00%
I am against illegal immigration, but I will respect their wishes. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 05:36 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,857,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why do you bring them up on this forum? Ray is in his country, he's not an illegal alien and his wife apparently actually loves him enough to live in his country with him. They aren't breaking the law any longer, and they are proof that deportation isn't a bad thing at all -- she actually enjoys her life in Juarez. They're positive proof that the 10 year bar is doable.

And guess what -- virtually all illegals having children here are on the taxpayer dole. Virtually all their births are covered by Medicaid, their children are raised on Medicaid and food stamps, free meals in free public schools.
Yeah, but you've also said that taxpayers are footing the bill for "everyone" (my family) I want to bring here, such uninformed claims (unless you actually believed former member "PurpleRain_1") nullify your credibility. And never any source for such claims. You've even called the relationship with my wife a "Green Card marriage", your focus is about talking trash about Mexicans, not any reality.

Case in point, Ray was not "deported", nor jailed at any time while he was in the United States...

Old 04-06-2014, 05:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,833,752 times
It's just so many excuses.

Millions of people have knowingly broken the laws. Now some are saying "well I had a bunch of babies getting welfare handouts here, I must be allowed to stay"..... and some are saying "well I found a girlfriend here (or boyfriend here) and so I must be allowed to stay".

What next? Some illegal will say he has to stay because he owns a dog or has bought a car?

Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Yeah, but you've also said that taxpayers are footing the bill for "everyone" (my family) I want to bring here, such uninformed claims (unless you actually believed former member "PurpleRain_1") nullify your credibility. And never any source for such claims. You've even called the relationship with my wife a "Green Card marriage", your focus is about talking trash about Mexicans, not any reality.

Case in point, Ray was not "deported", nor jailed at any time while he was in the United States...
That's right -- Ray went home on his own. His wife actually loves him apparently and went home with him. She even wrote of how friendly and great the people are where she lives -- almost makes it seem they might be better to live with than Americans -- she's doing just fine obviously.

They're managing to comply with the law -- and soon the 10 years is up -- and they can decide to relocate legally to the USA -- or maybe they'll have decided they like living in Mexico --- no problem either way. No reason to bring them up when discussing illegals as neither of them is an illegal at least at this point. If anything they prove our point --going home is far from being the end of the world.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM

I also know a woman whose husband did get deported after his third DWI. It's also not tragic at all. She takes the kids over to see him every Sunday. She said it's better with him over there because he was getting too disruptive because of his drinking. She doesn't plan on divorcing him at least for now, but she also doesn't plan on moving over there, she seems fine with weekly visits.

She's not whining and moaning about him being in another country, but she does make the effort to have the kids visit him weekly.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Truth hurts Open Boarder People. I may be no Immigration expert as a paid job, but I am not that far off.

The other truth is, Americans are fed up with Illegal Immigration. We are tired of our cities turned into slums.

There are many informed US citizens. Your interest cannot get away with your style of making people feel regretful for expecting Law Enforcement to carry out their Constitutional Duty and Oath!

Finally you never answer the Question? Way should the US Grant any status for those how Illegally cross into the US or intentionally have child to gain status?

Does not speak highly of good Mexican Parents!

Why should we allow these same law breakers any special rights what so ever?

These are tough question open boarder people will never answer honestly, never mind yourself!
Except with diversionary comment!

Americans expect the US Federal Government to do their job. This country Belongs to the Citizens of the United States of America.
Oh look, I'm being equated with "open [sic] boarder people", by a member that advocated visa fraud on this thread. Careful, that's getting to the point of how I look at the (unsourced) statements that "malamute" makes. Especially making it a matter of nationality ("Mexican Parents") not of illegality (not that you would know the difference).

Old 04-06-2014, 05:48 PM

My unsourced statements are just as valid as anyone else's unsourced statements. I've also provided many sources when feasible. Not very possible to actually source my eyewitness accounts except as that. I happen to live near the border and so I have plenty of eye-witness and first hand reports that aren't in typical sources.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,943,545 times
Quote:
My unsourced statements are just as valid as anyone else's unsourced statements. I've also provided many sources when feasible. Not very possible to actually source my eyewitness accounts except as that. I happen to live near the border and so I have plenty of eye-witness and first hand reports that aren't in typical sources.
Agreed. Some things I know I've seen and heard from living people, NOT from the Internet.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
That's right -- Ray went home on his own. His wife actually loves him apparently and went home with him. She even wrote of how friendly and great the people are where she lives -- almost makes it seem they might be better to live with than Americans -- she's doing just fine obviously.

They're managing to comply with the law -- and soon the 10 years is up -- and they can decide to relocate legally to the USA -- or maybe they'll have decided they like living in Mexico --- no problem either way. No reason to bring them up when discussing illegals as neither of them is an illegal at least at this point. If anything they prove our point --going home is far from being the end of the world.
But funny how you know the truth, and characterize it as something else, until corrected on it. You have colleagues on this thread that won't ("EVER") accept Ray back in the United States, in fact that don't think that U.S. citizens should be able to legally immigrate their spouses (the most common immigration sponsorship for many years now) if they of a Hispanic ethnicity. I've not heard of any country that quotas their immigration system based on ethnicity.

Of course one of those colleagues recommends visa fraud (on this thread) as the correct way to immigrate...

Old 04-06-2014, 06:26 PM

63,156 posts, read 29,323,023 times
No one and I mean no has ever said that a spouse shouldn't be able to legally migrate here simply based on being Hispanic and no other factors. Sick to death of the lies and spinning of the truth of what is actually said in here. Since when is diversity a bad thing for our country as long as every nationality/ethnic group has equal opportunity to come here?

Old 04-06-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
How did you source that taxpayers are covering the costs of my family (you said it as "everyone in the world you want to bring here") instead of me? From "PurpleRain_1" (whom stated on this forum area that she had looked up my financial records at her VA employment, and "discovered" my family was illegal aliens, living "hand-to-mouth")? Your post is still up on the forum, but I have screen captures in case it does finally get pulled.

Your recent claim that I wasn't "concerned" about the deaths of Border Patrol agents was especially harsh too. In the past you said you don't believe that I live on the border, because I discounted your little stories. If you aren't able to source how you are gaining such detail about me, isn't it just talking trash?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration