Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 12:11 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,531,179 times

Advertisements

This is bulls*** ... and I'm a liberal.

Illegals shouldn't be given EIC just because they anchored themselves here. This is crap. I really can't stand this president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest Revisited View Post
Keep their money....they deserve to lose it SOBs......

$24,000????

Many U.S. citizens are lucky if they get a thou back for christs sake.
I used to file taxes for a living, it wasn't uncommon for somebody with 3 kids to come in and get a return of 6-8k. There's a sweet spot for EIC, if you make around 25k a year and have 3 kids (or 4, I've heard that they raised the max to 4, I haven't done it since 2013 when it was 3), you'll get 8+. I've refunded up to over 10 grand.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:22 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
I used to file taxes for a living, it wasn't uncommon for somebody with 3 kids to come in and get a return of 6-8k. There's a sweet spot for EIC, if you make around 25k a year and have 3 kids (or 4, I've heard that they raised the max to 4, I haven't done it since 2013 when it was 3), you'll get 8+. I've refunded up to 10 over 10 grand.
Though making 25K for a family of 4, single family of 4 I assume. 8K isn't much extra to live on seeing a portion of that is from that 25K to begin with. (Just making a statement on your post, nothing actually directed towards you, just so you know.)

Old 02-15-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Though making 25K for a family of 4, single family of 4 I assume. 8K isn't much extra to live on seeing a portion of that is from that 25K to begin with. (Just making a statement on your post, nothing actually directed towards you, just so you know.)
I understand this. I don't have a problem with EIC, just with giving it to people who came here unfairly.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:19 AM

Quote:
I understand this. I don't have a problem with EIC, just with giving it to people who came here unfairly.
I agree with this partly, I also think it is unfair to tax illegals to begin with, but we do it because it is an easy way to take advantage of them. Sort of, you pay taxes on your income and we won't report you, but don't expect to see any of those tax dollars back. The whole process seems wrong.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:20 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,978,606 times
Ask any accountant and they will give you an ear full about the fraud in EIC.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:27 AM

Quote:
I agree with this partly, I also think it is unfair to tax illegals to begin with, but we do it because it is an easy way to take advantage of them. Sort of, you pay taxes on your income and we won't report you, but don't expect to see any of those tax dollars back. The whole process seems wrong.
I don't mind taxing them. They're here illegally, they can pay the penalty. Since it costs more to send them out apparently, they can get all of the penalties and none of the benefits. That's what you get when you cheat your way in, imo.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:29 AM

Quote:
I don't mind taxing them. They're here illegally, they can pay the penalty. Since it costs more to send them out apparently, they can get all of the penalties and none of the benefits. That's what you get when you cheat your way in, imo.
Which is what we get, a system that takes advantage of illegals and does nothing to the people hiring illegals. You may think that is what the illegals get, but that doesn't make it right.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Which is what we get, a system that takes advantage of illegals and does nothing to the people hiring illegals. You may think that is what the illegals get, but that doesn't make it right.
Since we can't kick them out, it does to me. They enjoy our police and fire protection, emergency rooms, and education system, etc etc, they can pay a penalty for jumping ahead of people who legally get here. No EIC, therefore no chance of the government paying them to come here. I think that's fair enough.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Since we can't kick them out, it does to me. They enjoy our police and fire protection, emergency rooms, and education system, etc etc, they can pay a penalty for jumping ahead of people who legally get here. No EIC, therefore no chance of the government paying them to come here. I think that's fair enough.
No, that is called taking advantage of people because we can, that doesn't make it right. If we wanted to actually solve this problem we would go after those that hire illegals rather than taking money from illegals and letting those that employ illegals to keep doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration