Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should be done about illegal immigrants?
All illegal immigrants should be deported. 73 76.04%
Only some illegal immigrants, such as criminals and drug dealers, should be deported. 23 23.96%
No illegal immigrants should be deported. 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 12:03 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I'm not sure how or why the U.S. government allowed so many millions of illegal immigrants to stay in this country for so many years in the first place.

But do you think that it is politically viable to deport all illegal immigrants from the U.S.? Why or why not?
It is politically motivated in states like California and illegal immigrants are viewed as cheap labor by wealthy people that want to abuse them. The lefties always conveniently leave that fact out because they are hypocrites. We have a legal immigration system that already lets millions of people in from all over the world. We are being invaded by poor people from Latin America and they all need thrown out, 100 percent of them.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:08 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Why is there a middle option. By definition illegal immigrants have committed a crime.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:09 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
My preferred idea is to see any illegals who have committed any crime (outside of illegal entry) or welfare fraud sent packing immediately, anchor babies under 18 included unless the child has a US citizen willing to foster and support them financially. Everyone else should be forced to register with INS, receive temporary work visas, and have 18 months to obtain and maintain work and support themselves and their family entirely on their own without ANY public assistance. After 18 months they will then go for a follow-up interview, bring proof of their independence, and then be allowed to begin the process of citizenship. Fail that program and you get a one way ticket out of the US.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:09 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
First of all, they are all criminals as they broke the law of this country by entering illegally.

Anyone with any additional misdemeanor or felony should be deported and their kids be taken with them to their home country so the families can stay together.

If you give out that signal than the next person will think twice before committing another crime.

Of course they can all try to apply officially down the road and there are denials for certain type of crimes to enter the USA.

If families don't want to be broken up then they can leave together as many people who come here legally can't stay together if not all of them qualify for a visa either.

No difference should there be for illegal to treat them better than legal aliens. Legal aliens should have better rights!

Old 11-19-2016, 12:12 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,905,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why have immigration laws if we aren't going to enforce them? Should we be able to pick and choose which laws we are going to enforce and which ones we aren't?

Now to answer the OP's question all illegal aliens should either be deported voluntarily or involuntarily. Americans need their jobs back. Illegal aliens cost us $113 billion a year. They overcrowd our schools, jail, hospitals, neighborhoods and roads. They add crime to our country. It never makes sense to reward criminal behavior as it just encourages more. We tried that back in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. When does it end?

We need to remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many will leave voluntarily and enforce the laws on the books as the rest are caught.
I'm not against enforcing them, but we should consider what it's going to take to do so. The criminals are easy; they're already in custody. But how many man-hours are we going to spend to look for an illegal immigrant that we may or may not catch? At what point does it cost more to chase that person down than that person would cost this country by living here illegally?

Old 11-19-2016, 12:14 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Each and every illegal needs to leave---no exceptions. They all have no business being here.

It doesn't matter if they've been here for years. Nor does it matter if they have anchor babies (that whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco needs to end).

Build the wall. Secure the border. Start with deporting the worst of the worst. With the wall in place and better border security, the border won't be a revolving door anymore.

Then, as LEOs come across illegals during their shifts, arrest them and let ICE put them in detention centers until they can be deported.

Make E-verify the law of the land. Make sure that it is tweaked to pick up things like illegals who name their anchor babies after themselves, then use said child's SSN. Run everybody in the workforce through it to weed out those 8 million no-match SSNs. I would say arrest any who are committing ID theft. Finally, once and for all, close that despicable loophole in the law that currently says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long they don't use your name with it.

If the above items get done, there will never be a need to round up illegals. Once things get put in place to make life difficult for them here, many will start packing their bags.

When any potential illegals see that we are serious about enforcement, the vast majority will think twice before trying to sneak across a border or overstay a visa.

Right now, lots of illegals are worried. My brother, who has lots of illegals where he lives, has had some of them tell him that they are leaving. One of them even said to him in a sarcastic tone, "I hope you're happy." My brother said in response that he is happy, then added, "When you leave, take some of your friends with you."

Old 11-19-2016, 12:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
First of all, they are all criminals as they broke the law of this country by entering illegally.

Anyone with any additional misdemeanor or felony should be deported and their kids be taken with them to their home country so the families can stay together.

If you give out that signal than the next person will think twice before committing another crime.

Of course they can all try to apply officially down the road and there are denials for certain type of crimes to enter the USA.

If families don't want to be broken up then they can leave together as many people who come here legally can't stay together if not all of them qualify for a visa either.

No difference should there be for illegal to treat them better than legal aliens. Legal aliens should have better rights!

That would be all fine in a cut and dry world. But since the world doesn't work that way let's get off our unicorns and find something that will work.

How about any illegal alien with no criminal record can be gifted a visa if they register, and pay reparations for the services they took illegally. Only after they have paid their bills (education, health, welfare, taxes) can they apply for citizenship. Those who refuse to register have no intention of becoming a viable citizen, and must be deported with NO ROUTE to becoming a citizen.

Considering this place turns uber-liberal on the weekends... I am shocked that nobody has chosen the third option. Of course that will change, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
I'm not against enforcing them, but we should consider what it's going to take to do so. The criminals are easy; they're already in custody.
WHAT? How did you come to that conclusion? There may be as many as 1M criminal aliens who have been cut loose. 20,000 were released in just a month in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Right now, lots of illegals are worried. My brother, who has lots of illegals where he lives, has had some of them tell him that they are leaving. One of them even said to him in a sarcastic tone, "I hope you're happy." My brother said in response that he is happy, then added, "When you leave, take some of your friends with you."
Nothing wrong with self-deportation. They can go back and start over the right way if they really want to come back.

I'm certainly happy that there's a chance at righting our mistakes, finally!

For those of you defending the aliens who serve in our military:

What brought down the Roman Empire?

Get back to us on that one.

Last edited by steven_h; 11-19-2016 at 12:38 PM..

Old 11-19-2016, 12:55 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

For those of you defending the aliens who serve in our military:

What brought down the Roman Empire?

Get back to us on that one.
Well, only a small percentage served in the military, I doubt several hundreds of them can bring down the Roman Empire.

The bottom line is this, stop allowing illegals serving in the military. Problem solved. Plus, they are downsizing the military anyway, give the opportunities to American citizens.

But for those who have already served, one honorable discharge = one citizenship. Seems fair to me.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:22 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
My preferred idea is to see any illegals who have committed any crime (outside of illegal entry) or welfare fraud sent packing immediately, anchor babies under 18 included unless the child has a US citizen willing to foster and support them financially. Everyone else should be forced to register with INS, receive temporary work visas, and have 18 months to obtain and maintain work and support themselves and their family entirely on their own without ANY public assistance. After 18 months they will then go for a follow-up interview, bring proof of their independence, and then be allowed to begin the process of citizenship. Fail that program and you get a one way ticket out of the US.
"My preferred idea is to see any illegals who have committed any crime (outside of illegal entry)"

Just by being here day after day they are breaking laws.

How do they make a living?

If they find any kind of work they are required to pay Social Security.

By bring ILLEGAL they do NOT have legal SS cards.

ANY application they fill out they have to lie about their status.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:31 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
I'm not against enforcing them, but we should consider what it's going to take to do so. The criminals are easy; they're already in custody. But how many man-hours are we going to spend to look for an illegal immigrant that we may or may not catch? At what point does it cost more to chase that person down than that person would cost this country by living here illegally?
"At what point does it cost more to chase that person down than that person would cost this country by living here illegally?"

It doesn't take much to figure out the BILLIONS it is costing us to keep them here.

If you are so worried about the cost, why not disband ALL police, judges, courts, Prosecutor's etc.,?

How much does it cost for a robber of a convenience store?

A guy who steals a car?

Someone speeding?

We either are a nation of laws, or we are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration