Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should be done about illegal immigrants?
All illegal immigrants should be deported. 73 76.04%
Only some illegal immigrants, such as criminals and drug dealers, should be deported. 23 23.96%
No illegal immigrants should be deported. 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 02:25 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"At what point does it cost more to chase that person down than that person would cost this country by living here illegally?"

It doesn't take much to figure out the BILLIONS it is costing us to keep them here.

If you are so worried about the cost, why not disband ALL police, judges, courts, Prosecutor's etc.,?

How much does it cost for a robber of a convenience store?

A guy who steals a car?

Someone speeding?

We either are a nation of laws, or we are not.
What did they spend to find that one guy up in Pa that was hiding out in the woods after killing a cop ?
Many millions !!!!!! FOR ONE GUY

Old 11-19-2016, 02:25 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,584,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
At a former job I worked with a Mexican man(not a very "integrated" one, probably an illegal) who put in a lot of overtime. He worked about 65 hours a week. He appeared to live VERY frugal, had a cheap car, cheap clothes etc. He saved up ALL his time off for a long trip to Mexico every year to visit his family and spend all his money down there. He probably owns half a small city down there.

Even though many people would commend him for spreading his money to his family, what he's doing really isn't a good thing for the American economy. It would be FAR better to have somebody in the job who circulated their money within the US.

On a side note, in addition to funneling his money out of the US the guy had lousy English and yet he still managed to be a jerk and say rude things to us at work. A great candidate to be deported, and have part of his savings and assets seized and returned to the US.
Perhaps you can personally report him to the new AG. I am sure he will act on your request given your impeccable conservative credentials.

Meanwhile we have that pesky thing called Due Process.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:33 PM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times
No. I don't support blanket deportation of all illegals. There should be a tightly closed border, a deportation of convicted illegals and those arrested for any crimes without convictions, and finally, a strictly enforced path to citizenship for the rest.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,449,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Only those who are criminals should be deported.

Let's be realistic here... the problem was letting them get in illegally in the first place. It's our politicians on both side who are to blame. One side wanted their votes, the other cheap labor. Another fine example of how the two parties are really just two sides of the same insidious coin. <<<THAT'S HOW

Build the wall, e-verify, deport any new crossers all the way back to wherever they came from (not just a revolving door), bring 30k troops back from abroad and place them along the border, let ICE and BP REALLY do their jobs and after the border is sealed... then, and only then, we can talk about a path to citizenship for those already here.

THAT is a rational approach to the problem.
I agree and I think that is exactly what will happen. Rational minds will prevail.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:29 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Only the felons.

The rest need to be put on a path to legal residency.
Nope. Doing so would be a slap in the face to those who obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:48 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
No. I don't support blanket deportation of all illegals. There should be a tightly closed border, a deportation of convicted illegals and those arrested for any crimes without convictions, and finally, a strictly enforced path to citizenship for the rest.

Why do you want to give those who thumbed their noses at our immigration laws a path to citizenship? Americans need their jobs back and many if not most illegals have committed felony ID theft or worked for cash evading taxes and those are felonies.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
My preferred idea is to see any illegals who have committed any crime (outside of illegal entry) or welfare fraud sent packing immediately, anchor babies under 18 included unless the child has a US citizen willing to foster and support them financially. Everyone else should be forced to register with INS, receive temporary work visas, and have 18 months to obtain and maintain work and support themselves and their family entirely on their own without ANY public assistance. After 18 months they will then go for a follow-up interview, bring proof of their independence, and then be allowed to begin the process of citizenship. Fail that program and you get a one way ticket out of the US.
Why shouldn't they have to return to their homelands and apply to come here legally as legal immigrants do? How are Americans going to get their jobs back if they are given work permits? Allowing any of them to stay negates our sane annual quotas for legal immigration, doesn't it?

Old 11-19-2016, 04:55 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why shouldn't they have to return to their homelands and apply to come here legally as legal immigrants do? How are Americans going to get their jobs back if they are given work permits? Allowing any of them to stay negates our sane annual quotas for legal immigration, doesn't it?
Well, I think your plan is actually preferable. The problem is implementation. As I've already said a couple times, I think compromise will be necessary in order to effect change. Which is why I propose immediate tossing of all offenders and welfare fraudsters, and then give others an 18 month plan. That will separate the honest folk from the mooches and trim down processing for citizenship even more.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Deport the illegals and make lazy Americans get a job again

Americans were already doing most of those jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap, illegals flooded our border willing to work for less to make the rich, richer so just who are these lazy Americans?

Old 11-19-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What about soldiers who served in U.S. military?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think illegals should be serving in the U.S. military, but there are illegals served in U.S. military, and some even lost their lives for this country.

Somehow, I feel they earned the right to be here.

Illegal aliens can't join our military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.