Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 07:35 AM

34,136 posts, read 17,194,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
. American citizens came from immigrates who were welcomed

Immigrate is a verb.

People can't be descendants of verbs.

Citizens came from legal immigrants. Key word: LEGAL!!!!

Old 03-05-2017, 07:38 AM

18,500 posts, read 15,308,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
So many of you do not seem to understand. There is vehement opposition in the US to tighter employment laws. It is OK to punish the employee but not the employer. And they can make it stick forever. So your view is we can never fix the problem. So perhaps we should simply legalize most and end the nonsense.
Did it end the nonsense last time we legalized them? It actually lead to a whole lot MORE nonsense. Let's not make that mistake again.

For what it's worth, I'm all for punishing the employers. I'm also for deporting the illegals that don't deport themselves. I'm also for very tight border security. As far as I'm concerned, we should attack the problem on all fronts.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:44 AM

1,184 posts, read 722,799 times
Yes need attack on all fronts. Also fine landlords who house them and strip away not for profits tax exemption status for institutions that help them

Old 03-05-2017, 07:48 AM

18,500 posts, read 15,308,931 times
Quote:
They do see the big picture and it's not pretty. Why do you think there are so many protests. It has nothing to do with hurt feelings. American citizens came from immigrates who were welcomed
The difference is that there were no social services back then. Everyone was responsible for paying their own way. If you didn't work, you didn't eat. No medicaid, Medicare, or Obamacare subsidies. No social security. No welfare of food stamps. I would not mind open borders if it didn't cost us anything.

It is not our land that they want, nor is it our land that we need to protect. It is the economy that we have built that they want a back door into. We need less people who will be a drain and more people that will be an asset.

If we get rid of the illegals, and then we find that we do not have enough low skilled labor, I'm sure there will be a long line of people willing to come here legally. At least that way it will be focused on our needs instead of theirs.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:56 AM

26,039 posts, read 22,236,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
If you're a visa overstay, that might work. Remember that the bulk of these people are Mexicans who just simply crossed without inspection.
Entered the country without authorization, and it is a crime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your post is more unmitigated BS. Hispanics left AZ over the hostile climate. And finally you throw the unbelievably biased Sheriff out hopefully just before the Feds send him to jail. Deliberate and unlawful raids on people of a particular minority...and you think it was good.

Hispanics in general support the illegals much more than any other demographic. Fact of life.
Well, considering many of the Hispanics are either anchor babies, dreamers or illegals themselves, it would make sense that those Hispanics favored illegals. Only about 40% of Hispanics are eligible to vote, think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not a thing bad about making life tough for illegal aliens. BTW: not all "Hispanic" people are illegal aliens and, not all illegals are "Latino".
As we know, they are now using the legal immigrants who are Hispanic or born American citizens for their cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Exhibit A: exporting illegal immigrants is going to dramatically lower the average IQ of those we're left with.

In the long-run, this does not affect me. But it does affect people such as yourself. Inasmuch as I would squander a wish, I would find it deeply amusing if you could see beyond your dim present and into the future you are cheering for.
You don't appear to be well-informed about the "quality" of the illegal aliens coming in. They are uneducated and, frankly, most are unemployable thus the anchor baby making business they engage in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You think illegal immigrants have higher average IQs than Americans?
Well, maybe the 1 in every 8 white collars workers who are taking jobs from Americans. It isn't a matter of IQ for most since they are uneducated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Tragic and uncomfortable deportations are kind of inevitable. The underlying cause is that the entire illegal alien issue got out of control and the government's response was to ignore it. You're never going to be able to clean up the whole mess without hurting a lot of people. No matter which direction you go with trying to solve the problem, it's going to hurt a lot of people. The problem is too big and involves too many people. That's unfortunate.

I'm all for any suggestions. How should Trump handle it differently? Personally, I'd rather see a penalty, a path to citizenship, and greatly simplified immigration policies. But the worst thing that can possibly happen is for the government to continue doing nothing and ignoring the problem.
Just enforce the law. We cannot reward people for criminal behavior. At a cost of more than $13 billion per year in taxpayer dollars, I would think it would be fairly simple to understand the purpose of our immigration laws and that isn't even taking into account the crime, often rape of our children and murder.

Quote:
And what exactly did he do wrong. Trump said he was going to go after the criminals. So why not start with the MS 13 gangs instead of splitting hard working families apart who have done nothing.
They are all criminals. Illegal aliens are criminals when they cross the border without authorization. Trump isn't doing this himself, simply letting border patrol/ICE do their jobs. He had a deportation order from 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
He entered the country illegally. Was that even a serious question?
You would think by now, they would get it, but no. Is it a Crime to Enter The U.S. Illegally? - AllLaw.com

Quote:
So what. Do you have any idea how our economy would be impacted if every illegal was deported. I don't think Trump does either.
We could use that $113 billion plus in savings on taxes to pay higher wages so we could have citizens doing the jobs. It would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So you're concerned you'd have to pay more for someone to cut your grass or bus your table?
The tax savings should cover that. Haven't we felt that the real tears were over having to pay more for the services that mainly the wealthier Americans get as we subsidize the workers they underpay with our tax dollars?

[quote=natalie469;47400892]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He entered our country illegally.

I'd also venture to guess that he also either broke our tax laws or stole someone's identity. Afterall, he couldn't work and pay taxes without falsifying someone's identification or else he wasn't filing his taxes. Well, I guess he may have been freeloading off us taxpayers. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I think they do wonders for our economy and contribute much to our society.
To our economy, think again: The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013) and Civil-rights commish: Blacks hammered by illegal immigration

And to our society, think again: Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial and Illegal Aliens Committed 500 Child Sexual Assaults in North Carolina During January ⋆ UFP NEWS and Mexican Illegal Alien Deported Ten Times Since 2010 Charged With Child Rape - Breitbart and it is costing our children when it comes to their educations: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...school-budgets and it goes on and on.

Quote:
No the economy would not be fine. Have you not seen the studies. Who do you think does the grunt work like cleaning toilets and making beds in hotel rooms, cleaning homes and businesses....etc. What american do you think wants to do these jobs. Farmers need workers. Who do you think is going to do that work.
Ever heard of "google"? Are There Really Jobs Americans Won and https://www.numbersusa.com/resource-...ricans-wont-do and Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers | Center for Immigration Studies

Quote:
Companies are always advertising for help with house cleaning and other menial jobs. What I think is that most americans don't want this kind of job. If you can tell me how many americans are looking for these kind of jobs but can't get them because of undocumented workers then I'm up to listening
What we know is that if the government paid to raise our kids, gave us subsidized housing and daddy only visited the house to make more anchors, we could afford to work for less too!

Undocumented workers are fine. Just hook them up with the state records department where they were born and they can get a copy of their US birth certificate. Simply not having documents isn't a big deal, we had to send to 3 different states to gather all of ours.

I am sick of subsidizing those who need "menial" tasks done and don't want to pay enough to hire a citizen worker. They need to take care of their own kids, mow their own lawns and clean their own toilets!

Quote:
If I provided you a link you would just call it fake news. So I would suggest you look it up yourself.
As you probably will with mine. The bottom line is that it is a crime to enter the US without authorization. If you need menial jobs done and can't afford to pay a citizen wages to do it, you'll have to either get a better job or an extra job, or do your own menial jobs, I'm tired of subsiding the cleaning of rich people's toilets with my tax dollars!

Let's not forget that he had a DUI and deportation order, and that they were aware of the consequences and had discussed it.

Illegal aliens and DUI: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/30...l-drivers.html

I cannot imagine that anyone that cares about our country supports illegal immigration unless they have a direct link to it.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:04 AM

34,136 posts, read 17,194,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

If we get rid of the illegals, and then we find that we do not have enough low skilled labor, I'm sure there will be a long line of people willing to come here legally. At least that way it will be focused on our needs instead of theirs.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:54 AM

89,320 posts, read 45,051,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Did it end the nonsense last time we legalized them? It actually lead to a whole lot MORE nonsense. Let's not make that mistake again.

For what it's worth, I'm all for punishing the employers. I'm also for deporting the illegals that don't deport themselves. I'm also for very tight border security. As far as I'm concerned, we should attack the problem on all fronts.
100% Agree.

Mandate e-verify for ALL employers (and that includes the limousine liberals on both coasts who LOVE their cheap illegal alien labor gardeners, pool service workers, housekeepers, nannies, etc.)! Mandate e-verify for landlords and rental agencies/management! Harboring illegal aliens is a federal crime, so make anyone who rents residences use e-verify to qualify renters. Those who have a valid visa to be in the country (e.g., H-1B, student, etc.) would still be able to rent a residence for longer than a vacation stay, but illegal aliens would not.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:23 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Exhibit A: exporting illegal immigrants is going to dramatically lower the average IQ of those we're left with.

In the long-run, this does not affect me. But it does affect people such as yourself. Inasmuch as I would squander a wish, I would find it deeply amusing if you could see beyond your dim present and into the future you are cheering for.
I don't believe you. Period. MOST people who are "smart" are needed back in their own countries and will stay there cause their kind are taken care of in the good way.

Too; I'd have NO problem locking up people as well as take all their assets if their kind hire known illegals.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:29 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,031,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
in theory you are 100% correct!! SAdly, in america they then just leave the position unfilled and complain about how they can't find good workers anymore and go hire immigrants (legal or otherwise)

Legal immigrants are fine. Its the Illegal ones that need to be removed from the equation.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:00 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,399,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
He knew from day one that he didn't enter like we did, through the front door with a visa and apply for extension and new visas until we went further down the line and keep legal status all the way up citizenship which is a long road.

If you don't act the legal way then don't whine if you are deported according to the laws of land.

Canada is deporting on Monday a Dutch citizen who lived in Canada for 59 years and has no family in Holland but they apply their laws and no Canadian seems to care or protest. Americans should take their example.
Actually the Canadian action is pretty absurd and makes no sense. Be interesting to see if they do it even though it is a gross miscarriage of justice. And there is lots of interest in the case in Canada.

And he entered legally and is in no way an illegal. This is simply bad government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration