Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:04 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,096,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It's about time they got it done.
Remember this is coming from Bush and he has made a lot of promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,890,561 times
It seems Presidents seem to mess everything up but at least do one correct thing before they leave office. I guess since they can't be president anymore they actually do something for the country. Bill Clinton limited unemployment terms. George Bush is finishing the wall. Its about dang time! Even with all their faults, they do manage to do something correct...

Old 04-01-2008, 09:48 PM

523 posts, read 1,283,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I was always for this fence.....till I saw a documentary about it. Most of us speak from hundreds if not a thousand miles from this border. But people on both sides of this border are quite friendly. They regularly cross the border for all their daily needs without fear of government intervention. They call themselve sister towns.

Of course the producers of this documentary can show only people whos opinions reflect what they want. But the majority of people living on these border towns do not want this wall. They interviewed fisherman on the USA side who make their living fishing the big river that divides the countries. They took us the viewer for a ride on the river. The beauty was awesome. The next question is: Do we want to build a 20' wall to hide and cover up forever that natural beauty?

Anyway Im not so sure I want that fence anymore. Those people are right. We should not cover up natures beauty.

I know I know I know but how do we stop all the illegals swimming over the border...... well there many more answers to that question but I just wanted to show the side of those border towns who dont want the fence.

Besides........if there is a wall, all they have to do is fly into Canada and walk over that border which is the longest unprotected country border in the world. They can even take a boat and float around the wall. Or dig under it.

Will this wall work? Nothing bush does works..including himself.

What about that idea of the guard towers and high powered rifles? that wouldn't interfere with nature's beauty.

Of course, I mean the rifles with rubber bullets.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,701,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
What about that idea of the guard towers and high powered rifles? that wouldn't interfere with nature's beauty.

Of course, I mean the rifles with rubber bullets.
Ummmmm true. I have no answer for that. But I think I would rather have a guards tower every mile then a galvanized steel wall.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,302,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It is against the law to transport them even for medical reasons.It is not against the law to offer them food and water.

The above is blatantly untrue!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,302,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It is against the law to transport them. (unless you are the border patrol),
Please - provide with the statute you allege makes it against the law to transport, for medical reasons, someone who has entered the country illegally =

Old 04-02-2008, 12:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,180,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The Bush administration plans to use its authority to bypass more than 30 laws and regulations in an effort to finish building 670 miles of fence along the southwest U.S. border by the end of this year, federal officials said Tuesday

Bush to Bypass Laws to Build Fence - TIME

The bush administrations is going to ignore the law! NO! I am so SHOCKED!

Do you have any NEW news?

Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Please - provide with the statute you allege makes it against the law to transport, for medical reasons, someone who has entered the country illegally =
Ask any border patrol agent and they will tell you it is against the law for a citizen to transport them for any reason.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
The above is blatantly untrue!
No it is not, try putting 0ne in your car for anything, if you are not a police officer or Border patrol.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:30 AM

Try this link on transporting.
KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Border aid workers arrested for transporting illegals speak out (http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3586794&nav=HMO6c7Ua - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration