Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 08:25 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I just want them deported, possibly fined although few would probably pay a fine. I think we should place a fine of some kind are their country of origin for every one their citizens who are illegally here.
Deporting does not work. They just come back. You have to threaten them with extreme punishment.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:25 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Well...for the millions of illegals here --- first, make E-verify the law of the land and run everybody in the workforce through it in order to catch the 8 million no-match SSNs out there. Do frequent work site raids and every illegal who is caught, gets deported ASAP. No manipulative sob stories allowed.

Fix the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco so that no kids born to illegals or tourists are made US citizens.

Revisit Plyler v. Doe. After all, how is it right in any way, shape or form to be charging foreign exchange students tuition while attending public schools while illegals (who have no business being here) go to school for free?

The first time an illegal is caught sneaking across the border, charge them with a felony, not a misdemeanor. Make sure to fingerprint them and do a retinal scan. How about chipping them before sending them back?

Build that 700 miles of wall along the border.

Finally, there is a despicable loophole in our laws that needs to be closed. Right now the law says that it's okay for someone to use your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. If someone is currently using your SSN, the SSA won't tell you. Instead, you find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing taxes on a job you never worked.

Illegal immigration should never be tolerated. Period.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No. Disaster. That's backwards.

I've been screaming for years, all we gotta do is go after employers with harsh fines. Go for the people at the top.
Oh yes, I am for that, too. But many illegals don't come here to work. They are grifters or drug dealers.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I probably should have given you a little time to correct the 4 grammatical errors in your short post before quoting you, but I wanted to make a point. ;D All in fun.

2 generations ago, when roofs leaked, middle class men by and large got up on their roofs and patched them themselves, because it was too expensive to pay fellow citizens to do the job.

Then along came Juan, who could do it more cheaply so it was worth it to pay him rather than the homeowner doing it himself.

They're not so much putting citizens out of work. Rather, they're doing the work the homeowners would do for themselves except now it's cheaper to hire out.
This post is insane. DIY roofers still do their own. The less handy still hire someone.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Read the Girl with 7 Names, a nonfiction current best seller. Yes, people are trying to break into North Korea to visit family. It doesn't go well.
Tens and tens of millions of people....from all over the world???
Huh.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:32 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Why?

Why can't a country collectively own it's property?

What's the difference between a citizen owning property and a Nation of citizens collectively owning property?
"Collectively" used twice in the same post? (shudders)

Only individuals have rights. In order to rightfully own property you must mix your labor with it. You simply can't pull out a map and declare that you own (insert coordinates).

If you can't do it then no government (your collective) can do it...even a voluntary one.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Deporting does not work. They just come back. You have to threaten them with extreme punishment.
I think fines for the illegals and their country would be effective. Illegal immigration is all about money grubbing and if we squeeze them with big fines and deny them benefits and services they'd leave, but that's all a pipe dream with liberals fighting for open borders.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:36 PM

11,267 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Our problem should not be with illegals from Mexico and points south (they are just poor illiterate dirt farmers looking for a better life because their own country is too selfish to help them). Our problem SHOULD be with Mexico for letting and assisting illegals from Mexico and points south to flood into our country. This is nothing short of an act of war. American employers who give them jobs should be hit with a $10,000 fine for each first offense and doubled each time after that. Crack down on Mexico because they laugh at the US daily. Crack down on US businesses that cater to illegals. Start there, and when illegal children are found among adult illegals, don't separate them, just send the whole lot of them back over the border. Also, and this is VERY important, end birthright citizenship for illegals that pop out babies here. After baby is born, send them both back.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:40 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They sure are...private borders.

Only individuals have rights. Only individuals can rightfully own property.
Thats nonsense. So in your view..no such thing as partial/joint interest huh? No partnerships, no corporations, no more than one person can ever do anything in conjunction with someone else.

Get real. If one person has property rights, then he can share those rights with as many people as he wants, so that they all have some agreed upon interest in the property.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:40 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
"Collectively" used twice in the same post? (shudders)

Only individuals have rights. In order to rightfully own property you must mix your labor with it. You simply can't pull out a map and declare that you own (insert coordinates).

If you can't do it then no government (your collective) can do it...even a voluntary one.

Repeating the concept doesn't validate it.

It's not the government's property.

It's our properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration