Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 PM

162 posts, read 326,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
It won't. Over time, a new group will immigrate in large numbers. I read somewhere a long time ago that while Hispanics comprise of the vast majority of immigrants..asian immigrants are coming at a faster rate.

You never know.

Not the first, probably not the last.
Look around, everything is coming from Asia, they will own America very soon, we are depending on Asia more and more.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 PM

4,427 posts, read 5,154,316 times
I am going to be completely honest. Europeans are the ones who founded America. Italians are European, therefore more digestible, especially back when they came in. Mexicans, for the most part aren't European and don't look it either, therefore are not as digestible to America. Asians are doing great in this country, but most of them call white people Americans, even though they are a U.S. citizen. I think it would be much easier to set up a country with a combination of (Koreans, Chinese, japanese, Vietnamese and Filipinos), than with (Nigerians, Ecuadorians, Mongolians, Yemanese, Albanians and Norweigens).

Old 04-10-2008, 10:46 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Be careful there; macmeal, someone may accuse you of being anti illegal immigrant------or, at least anti 'Hispanic'.

Needless you say; I agree with your position
Haha. You are so right ArizonaBear. Rep points for you.

And hispanics have been pouring in for 20+ years, and many of them still dont know english. Most of those italians do by now. They were quick to adjust. And I dont recall them coming illegaly? Do you? I dont care about Mexican people, I care about illegals.

And also, Italians dont now make up 99.999% of the city of New York like Hispanics do in LA. The wave was much smaller and much less of a devastation to our economy. The italians actually paid taxes as well.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Haha. You are so right ArizonaBear. Rep points for you.

And hispanics have been pouring in for 20+ years, and many of them still dont know english. Most of those italians do by now. They were quick to adjust. And I dont recall them coming illegaly? Do you? I dont care about Mexican people, I care about illegals.

And also, Italians dont now make up 99.999% of the city of New York like Hispanics do in LA. The wave was much smaller and much less of a devastation to our economy. The italians actually paid taxes as well.
First wave of Italians in the late 1800's did not speak English, of course they do by now. You give hispanics 1 hundred years and I bet you they will be fluent.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:59 PM

15 posts, read 33,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I am going to be completely honest. Europeans are the ones who founded America. Italians are European, therefore more digestible, especially back when they came in. Mexicans, for the most part aren't European and don't look it either, therefore are not as digestible to America. Asians are doing great in this country, but most of them call white people Americans, even though they are a U.S. citizen. I think it would be much easier to set up a country with a combination of (Koreans, Chinese, japanese, Vietnamese and Filipinos), than with (Nigerians, Ecuadorians, Mongolians, Yemanese, Albanians and Norweigens).
You are so wrong. The Italians came here on Spanish ships and stole this land from the people that was here.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 PM

The first generations dont stop coming.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
The first generations dont stop coming.
That's the best you got? Don't worry much like Italy, Mexico's economy will get better then the wave will stop.
Then all your White American women will want a hairy cross bearing Mexican for a husband, Rodriguez will be the new Deniro, you will decorate your house with luxurious Mexican blankets!!! I can see the future now!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I hate to tell this to everyone here but I doubt Mexicans will be the last wave of mass immigration to the US.
I don't doubt this one bit..I'd say it's a sure thing. And if today's "new" Mexicans (who don't feel the 'need' to immigrate legally) ever DO decide there's something here to 'assimilate' to...And their descendants finally DO succeed in becoming loyal Americans (despite our best efforts to tell them they don't need to)....then I can only HOPE, for their sake, that they try and look at the 'bright side' when the next 'wave' hits, and THEY are accused (along with the REST of us) of being 'xenophobic bigots'.

Do you think these 'new' (Future) Americans (of once-illegal 'roots') will feel "it doesn't matter whether you're legal or not", when (for example) 10 million Iraqis...or 12 million Iranians "show up", looking for a 'break'.? Or will they SUDDENLY think "legal" immigration is a good idea? If they DO insist the 'next wave' come LEGALLY, will that mean they're 'racists'...or 'mean'?

It will be interesting to see this develop

Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
That's the best you got? Don't worry much like Italy, Mexico's economy will get better then the wave will stop.
Then all your White American women will want a hairy cross bearing Mexican for a husband, Rodriguez will be the new Deniro, you will decorate your house with luxurious Mexican blankets!!! I can see the future now!
Hmmmm, whatever. I dont care about Mexican culture, I care about illegals.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't doubt this one bit..I'd say it's a sure thing. And if today's "new" Mexicans (who don't feel the 'need' to immigrate legally) ever DO decide there's something here to 'assimilate' to...And their descendants finally DO succeed in becoming loyal Americans (despite our best efforts to tell them they don't need to)....then I can only HOPE, for their sake, that they try and look at the 'bright side' when the next 'wave' hits, and THEY are accused (along with the REST of us) of being 'xenophobic bigots'.

Do you think these 'new' (Future) Americans (of once-illegal 'roots') will feel "it doesn't matter whether you're legal or not", when (for example) 10 million Iraqis...or 12 million Iranians "show up", looking for a 'break'.? Or will they SUDDENLY think "legal" immigration is a good idea? If they DO insist the 'next wave' come LEGALLY, will that mean they're 'racists'...or 'mean'?

It will be interesting to see this develop
you think they dont want to move legally? especially if many of them are already paying taxes?

Dont you think they'd love to do their low paying jobs without worrying about suddenly being rounded on a bus and dropped off in TJ?

The process to become a legal immigrant is too long and needs to be improved. Because these people are coming legal or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration