Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 07:39 PM

30,549 posts, read 23,967,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Sure sounds like you think they deserve whatever they get. I genuinely hope I am wrong about that, but I wouldn’t bet I am.
If someone broke into your house and injured themselves, would you think like this?

You'll probably say 'yes', but I'll never believe you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2022, 07:42 PM

35,511 posts, read 17,421,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
At least one person was injured in a fall from the border fence near Otay Mesa on Sunday while trying to cross into the United States from Mexico, U.S. Border Patrol officials said Monday.

The agency said border patrol agents responded at about 8 a.m. to an area about 1.5 miles west of the Otay Mesa port of entry south of San Diego and found three women who said they fell from the border fence while attempting to cross into the United States.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-mesa/3045357/

Read the entire article about the number of deaths and injuries that these illegals have sustained from trying to jump over the walls. When will they learn?
This illustrates the Gold Rush mentality that immigration, legal or illegal has become.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:35 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,033,784 times
Deport them then set up some automated turrets. If they try to cross again, they'll suffer more than a fall.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:39 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,371,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
While I cannot speak for Old Glory, I want that razor sharp barbed fencing, about 3 layers implanted on top of the fence, and anyone that passes that and is caught is tossed back to where they came from, at which time we tell what ever 3rd world country that they came from, that if they don't entice their population to remain there, no more financial assistance from the US, because we are overwhelmed providing for their citizens in our country.

Do you actually think that these people don't realize the risk? But, a free and easy life awaits them if they make it. Those women, if not already pregnant, would be dropping anchor babies and pleading to not be separated from their little money makers.

This is Biden's fault, as if we were enforcing our immigration laws, this would not be the problem that it is. Sanctuary cities are another of the ones guilty when stupid people trying to break our laws end up injured.

We have over 1/2 million homeless in our country, infrastructure failing, schools that suck, people losing their homes................. Both sympathy and charity should start at home!
Hear, hear!!! I could not agree more with everything you said!!! Thank you!!!

Old 09-27-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Per Jesus---hate the sin, love the sinner. I hope you will reconsider you lack of concern for the people who died taking these desperate actions, as well as their children, their parents, and their friends.
Oh, dear, you are breaking my heart....I am going to cry now!

Old 09-27-2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Deport them then set up some automated turrets. If they try to cross again, they'll suffer more than a fall.
Good idea, but I bet we can do even better than that, though.

Old 09-28-2022, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
I would treat street thugs that way, not people trying to come here. I am not crazy about Biden's throwing open the borders but mass murder is not, for me, an option.

Old 09-28-2022, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
At least one person was injured in a fall from the border fence near Otay Mesa on Sunday while trying to cross into the United States from Mexico, U.S. Border Patrol officials said Monday.

The agency said border patrol agents responded at about 8 a.m. to an area about 1.5 miles west of the Otay Mesa port of entry south of San Diego and found three women who said they fell from the border fence while attempting to cross into the United States.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-mesa/3045357/

Read the entire article about the number of deaths and injuries that these illegals have sustained from trying to jump over the walls. When will they learn?
Further to this being a 21st Century Gold Rush sounds like what I read in The Klondike Fever: The Life and Death of the Last Great Gold Rush by Pierre Berton.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:08 AM

30,549 posts, read 23,967,464 times
Quote:
Per Jesus---hate the sin, love the sinner. I hope you will reconsider you lack of concern for the people who died taking these desperate actions, as well as their children, their parents, and their friends.
Jesus didn't say that.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:13 AM

63,480 posts, read 29,503,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Further to this being a 21st Century Gold Rush sounds like what I read in The Klondike Fever: The Life and Death of the Last Great Gold Rush by Pierre Berton.
Were they doing anything illegally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration