Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 06:21 AM

63,506 posts, read 29,531,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Jesus didn't say that.
Don't you just have to laugh at these bleeding hearts that use Jesus as an excuse to break the law? Is breaking the law and taking from others what doesn't belong to you something that Jesus would advocate for? I don't think so! I don't hate anyone I just expect them not to do the above.

I don't feel sorry for American criminals who break the law and get hurt by doing so either. They did it to themselves. Desperate actions? No, most of them are liars and cheats that are coming here to take jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. Are American families less important whom actually have a right to be in this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 09:01 AM

3,489 posts, read 1,533,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Don't you just have to laugh at these bleeding hearts that use Jesus as an excuse to break the law? Is breaking the law and taking from others what doesn't belong to you something that Jesus would advocate for? I don't think so! I don't hate anyone I just expect them not to do the above.

I don't feel sorry for American criminals who break the law and get hurt by doing so either. They did it to themselves. Desperate actions? No, most of them are liars and cheats that are coming here to take jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. Are American families less important whom actually have a right to be in this country?
You don't hate anyone? Who is being disingenuous now?

Old 09-28-2022, 10:05 AM

35,546 posts, read 17,460,309 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Further to this being a 21st Century Gold Rush sounds like what I read in The Klondike Fever: The Life and Death of the Last Great Gold Rush by Pierre Berton.
Were they doing anything illegally?
Actually an awful lot but I won't ruin it for you. Read the book!

Old 09-28-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Actually an awful lot but I won't ruin it for you. Read the book!
I don't need to read the book to know that they weren't illegal aliens.

Old 09-28-2022, 05:18 PM

35,546 posts, read 17,460,309 times
Quote:
I don't need to read the book to know that they weren't illegal aliens.
In Canada (after all the Klondike is in Canada) or the U.S.? Also, Skagway was notorious for outlawry. That was jumping off point to the least -bad way to get to the Klondike.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
In Canada (after all the Klondike is in Canada) or the U.S.? Also, Skagway was notorious for outlawry. That was jumping off point to the least -bad way to get to the Klondike.
Either way, it was/is wrong to enter a country illegally yesterday or today!

Old 09-28-2022, 08:30 PM

30,567 posts, read 23,987,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the exact message JC was trying to get across. Sounds more like what Viktor Orban or Vadimir Putin would be emphasizing though.
I don't think you have a clue what Jesus' "exact message" was when you attribute a statement to him that was made by St. Augustine, and then later, Gandhi.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't think you have a clue what Jesus' "exact message" was when you attribute a statement to him that was made by St. Augustine, and then later, Gandhi.
He certainly did say to follow the Ten Commandments. No lying stealing, coveting thy neighbor, etc. of which all illegals are guilty of. He also said to obey the laws of the land.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:43 PM

6,424 posts, read 7,724,996 times
Quote:

I wasn't here when Jesus spoke but I do know that rewarding bad behavior only encourages more. Personal responsibility is something decent people understand.

Old 09-29-2022, 12:04 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,375,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I wasn't here when Jesus spoke but I do know that rewarding bad behavior only encourages more. Personal responsibility is something decent people understand.
Precisely. Anyone who truly understands and respects this very basic precept could not in good conscience support illegal immigration. In fact, I do not think we should call it "immigration" at all. It is more akin to a pestilence like a swarm of locusts. It is more akin to an epidemic. It has no true resemblance to "immigration" at all.

The illegals carry this mindset with them once they are here, and from their arrival in this manner onward follows all the troubles and woes of the pestilence, of the epidemic. They have infested and infected pretty much every city and town in every state in the U.S. to a degree that is mind boggling! I saw very clearly in the 1970s where we were headed.

We have become too accustomed to them "blending in" in too many parts of the country---something Californians never did to the same extent as the rest of the country. If they were not in the Form of homo sapiens but rats instead, and you saw them amongst us in that Form, how could you feel anything other than horrified? You would not have to debate what should be done. It would be bloody SELF EVIDENT without much thought at all. Just think how many illegals, or thought of in another Form as rats, are around you each day in every possible venue from your neighbourhoods to your children's schools, parks, hospitals, shops, restaurants, and any place else you can think of.

I can no longer visit the park that was a part of my life for decades due to what is there now. I have not been to Neimans in at least 10 years now. The last time I was there, I was both STUNNED and horrified to see these people in there each adult with 5 or more loud, badly behaved kids not more than a year or two apart in age! All of them were totally inappropriately dressed and behaving as though they owned the place, as though the peace, comfort, and convenience of other shoppers as well as the staff were something totally alien to them. That is because it IS alien to them. They have no respect for decorum. They do not even have a passing acquaintance with decorum. Why would anyone think they would understand or respect decorum if they do not have respect for the LAW?! It is like this EVERYWHERE YOU GO NOW. Moreover, the greediest of businesses attempt to capitalise on this fact. These lowlife businesses do not care about either the illegals or the rest of us. They are only interested in the money in the pockets of their "prey."

The fact is that what the illegals and their supporters are doing is the same sort of damage that rats would do. This is a plague. They are destroying the U.S. We are LIVING the Fall and Decline of the United States, folks. Make no mistake about it. It may take another 50 years before everyone is finally willing to ADMIT it, but that is what is happening. By then it will be too late. Personally, I think it is already too late.

Last edited by PhinneyWalker; 09-29-2022 at 01:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration