Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 08:41 AM

35,544 posts, read 17,446,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If the borders were thrown open, why did 53 migrant die in an overheated truck and why are people drowning in the Rio Grande? You may be getting some information from FOX news that`s inaccurate.
In what way does my post line up with Fox News? I am saying that they may be criminals but don't deserve to be shot on the spot. If they die in the process of leaping over the border, so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2022, 08:53 AM

6,855 posts, read 3,442,260 times
It's unfortunate that these people got hurt but they did assume the risk of being injured by attempting to scale a wall and enter the country illegally.

They did it to themselves and it's no one's fault but their own. They got hurt and like everything else, the U.S. taxpayers have to foot the bill for their care. I only hope that once they're healed, they get deported and sent back to where they came from.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:19 AM

3,489 posts, read 1,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
Do not even DARE to compare what Parks did to what these illegals are doing. There is no comparison. You are exposed for what you are making a specious argument like this one! You are nothing but an apologist for illegal immigration and all of the terrible woes it has caused the U.S.
How so. Here is the quote directly form OldGlory….

“Anyone who commits a criminal act deserves whatever bad thing that befalls them and I don't care who they are either.”

Note the word “Anyone”.

You guys are trying so hard not to appear xenophobic that you all use language that attempts to show you are applying the same rules to everyone. When I clearly show how applying the same rules to everyone violates your so-called sense of decency, you moved the goal posts.

Look…if you want to say the boarder situation is a mess, fair enough. I agree. But you guys have made it clear through your rhetoric where you say asylum seekers, illegal immigrants (you pick the term) are a bunch of criminals and deserve death, broken necks, or whatever they get because they are CRIMINALS (they broke the law). At least have the decency to be honest about the real issues: hate and xenophobia. Then we can have a genuine conversation about the real issues you have.

Last edited by WVNomad; 09-29-2022 at 09:30 AM..

Old 09-29-2022, 09:21 AM

19,962 posts, read 12,250,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m sorry you have so much hate and anger in you. I can understand how one would have very legitimate concerns about immigration policy and/or the lack of effective enforcement of existing policy. Fair enough. But believing that people who are leaving their homes, leaving their families and friends, going some place with a different culture and language who are most often just seeking employment and a better life, deserve to die is pretty horrible. I hope you are never so desperate.
Personal attacks are against TOS.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It's unfortunate that these people got hurt but they did assume the risk of being injured by attempting to scale a wall and enter the country illegally.

They did it to themselves and it's no one's fault but their own. They got hurt and like everything else, the U.S. taxpayers have to foot the bill for their care. I only hope that once they're healed, they get deported and sent back to where they came from.
So, I think this is closer to the truth. It is unfortunate….I would use the word tragic, but I’m not going to quibble with a choice of word. I would agree that they made the choices that brought them to this situation….fair enough. I hadn’t considered it before, but you raise another fair point, if in fact US taxpayers are covering their medical expenses. I don’t doubt they are, I honestly don’t know. I would say that in this instance, I’m ok with covering their expenses if the treatments are necessary to sustain life or address a major injury….I don’t see morally how you can deny them care, but I can see your point.

I would only add that most of these individuals will or have requested political asylum, and under US Law (which you may like or not like), they are entitled to stay in the country until their claims are adjudicated. I realize that many of this cases take months if not years to resolve, which again is an issue, but legally they are entitled to be here (assuming they have made an asylum request). So,it is not just a matter of deporting them at will.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post

Kind of like this I suppose. Referring to someone as the "Least Informed" probably qualifies.
Attached Thumbnails
3 Migrants Hospitalized After Fall From Border Wall Near Otay Mesa-screen-shot-2022-09-29-10.47.49  

Old 09-29-2022, 10:43 AM

63,495 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He/she leaves the part out that they are seeking a better life unlawfully and taking from others to do so. As if it makes no difference. A loving person doesn't leave their family behind either and they would move lawfully to a country that shares their culture and language and that is not the U.S.

I don't wish death or harm on anyone but if it happens because they were attempting to break the law they only have themselves to blame.

Old 09-29-2022, 11:01 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,339,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Why were they climbing over the wall and not entering in through a port of entry and claiming asylum? Probably because they wouldn't qualify and were hoping to be part of the 'got-aways' crew. No sympathy from me.
I mean, I'm sorry they got injured - as long as we don't find out they had a violent criminal record or a history of smuggling others.

But yes, there was an entry point just 1.5 miles away per the article. They had ZERO intention of having any conversation with CBP or our immigration system.

Imagine if Mayorkas would at least put out the word that "just being here illegally but having come through a port of entry isn't reason for expulsion" instead of not including the "come through an official port of entry".

Old 09-29-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He/she leaves the part out that they are seeking a better life unlawfully and taking from others to do so. As if it makes no difference. A loving person doesn't leave their family behind either and they would move lawfully to a country that shares their culture and language and that is not the U.S.

I don't wish death or harm on anyone but if it happens because they were attempting to break the law they only have themselves to blame.
So you still haven’t answered….should Rosa Parks have been arrested for breaking the law? I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Old 09-29-2022, 11:09 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,339,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m sorry you have so much hate and anger in you. I can understand how one would have very legitimate concerns about immigration policy and/or the lack of effective enforcement of existing policy. Fair enough. But believing that people who are leaving their homes, leaving their families and friends, going some place with a different culture and language who are most often just seeking employment and a better life, deserve to die is pretty horrible. I hope you are never so desperate.
I agree with you that wishing harm on all is not what I consider appropriate. I however, cannot point to personal harm done to me over and over by illegals.

I would say - which of our immigration laws and thus the enforcement thereof, are you opposed to or believe need changing, and why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration