Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 07:05 AM

9,184 posts, read 13,284,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Democrats are also pandering to retain the ethnocentric Hispanic vote who want amnesty for their illegal amigos here and open borders for more of their ethic group to get into our country......think Reconquista.
I seen you say something similar before, but Hispanic voters in Texas and Florida who are turning to the Republicans are strong evidence that many Hispanics are not happy with illegal aliens coming in at such numbers either. Nobody wants thousands of poor uneducated people, some of them criminals or gang members, coming into their communities.

Nor are all illegal aliens Hispanic crossing over the Southern border. Many illegals are coming Eastern Europe and Asia. They are overstaying their tourist, work or student visas. Regardless of where they are coming from, the sheer number of people coming in is driving up the cost of rent and housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2023, 08:55 AM

63,062 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I seen you say something similar before, but Hispanic voters in Texas and Florida who are turning to the Republicans are strong evidence that many Hispanics are not happy with illegal aliens coming in at such numbers either. Nobody wants thousands of poor uneducated people, some of them criminals or gang members, coming into their communities.

Nor are all illegal aliens Hispanic crossing over the Southern border. Many illegals are coming Eastern Europe and Asia. They are overstaying their tourist, work or student visas. Regardless of where they are coming from, the sheer number of people coming in is driving up the cost of rent and housing.
Look at the percentages of Hispanics who vote Democrat vs Republican. Most vote for the Democrats.

Most illegals crossing our border are Hispanics by 80% compared to illegals from non-Hispanic countries.

Old 06-11-2023, 10:15 AM
nng

695 posts, read 291,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
It seems pretty point blank that activities like entering a country illegally should be an enforced punishable act. Just deport them. Everyone regardless of political affliction etc should support that. Yet some people are mad about this for some reason? These people tend to twist illegal and legal immigration, racism is often brought up, or they mention that the illegals are doing all the jobs the Americans don't want to do or are too lazy. None of these ideas really make sense, so it seems to me like some just want illegals here to act as serfs.
I don't get it either. Like no one would care if some illegal from anywhere other than South America and Mexico got deported for breaking our laws. We put illegal aliens from mexico on a pedestal. They can do no wrong and get the red carpet treatment. Hate to say this but liberal whites eat this sh&t up. Open borders to let in any illegal from Mexico in. Strange.

Old 06-12-2023, 02:40 PM

1,955 posts, read 841,368 times
We are burdened with a kakistocracy, and no apparent way to remedy the situation.

Old 06-12-2023, 05:33 PM

11,154 posts, read 10,736,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The US economy today rests on the flimsy bedrock foundation of cheap imported goods from slave wage labor nations, and illegals filling in on shore for the stuff that can't be imported (so easily). Corporations and government worked together to stick it to the worker long and hard, which is why they hold an ever declining share of the pie.

Democrats have been pandering to the illegals for years, and have tried their best to shield them from criticism by lumping them together with legal immigrants. Whenever someone brings up the issue of illegal immigration, democrats just suggest that person hates all immigrants and leaves the discussion at that. That's the only reason it might seem "controversial" to some... Because of democrat politically correct culture and language.
I always enjoy when people try to do that to me. I've worked for a legal immigrant for over 5 years now, and my kids call him "uncle."

Old 06-13-2023, 10:28 AM

24,037 posts, read 15,150,471 times
It's controversial because someone has gone to great lengths to make it so.

For most of my life Texas has welcomed illegals.

And the federal penalty for illegal entry was next to nothing. Maybe 6 months in jail and/or a $250 fine and a ticket back to where you came from. As long as it was Mexicans, nobody cared. It's just been within the last few years that it has been an issue with some. Most in Texas still pay no attention. The restaurants and food service companies that have paid over a million in fines and fees for hiring illegals are still doing great.

Old 06-13-2023, 10:45 AM

63,062 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It's controversial because someone has gone to great lengths to make it so.

For most of my life Texas has welcomed illegals.

And the federal penalty for illegal entry was next to nothing. Maybe 6 months in jail and/or a $250 fine and a ticket back to where you came from. As long as it was Mexicans, nobody cared. It's just been within the last few years that it has been an issue with some. Most in Texas still pay no attention. The restaurants and food service companies that have paid over a million in fines and fees for hiring illegals are still doing great.

Nobody cared? I'm sure there are many law abiding Texans that do care due to loss of jobs, reduced wages, overcrowded conditions and higher taxes.

Old 06-13-2023, 11:40 AM

24,579 posts, read 17,327,951 times
It is only controversial because the Left has made it so. Trump tried to do something by building a wall and proposing the idea of tariffs to Mexico to pay for it and the Left blocked him from every angle and laughed at his ideas.

The Left tells us that we are Racist Xenophobes but what can be more basic than asking Immigrants to obey the laws of the Nation? The Left has called the Illegal Aliens, paperless workers, migrants, asylum seekers and many other names in an attempt to take mask what they are. They should be calling them "Future Democrat Voters". At least then they would be honest about it.

How do other countries deal with Illegal Aliens? It seems that only the Western world treats them kindly because they are breaking the law. Why do we embrace criminals and lately Criminals of all sorts are getting special treatment?

It is almost like all of this controversy is part of the big plan.

Old 06-13-2023, 05:21 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,033,183 times
.....because they are linked to the cartel. Work with them and you will know. Never Forget 9/11.

Old 06-14-2023, 04:24 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,155,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't see a decreasing population in the U.S. as a bad thing
You should if you like having a strong economy.

Kids of the future also have to pay today's debt. Declining population - do the math on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration