Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 05:41 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
When somebody shows you who they are, believe them.
Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2023, 05:52 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
Why?

Because we have hundreds of "news" sites trying to capture clicks/eyeballs.

The Dotard made this a hot button issue by blocking certain nations and telling us that the worst of the worst are the people coming to America. You know, those nasty prostitutes, drug dealers, spies, instigators..and "some of them are fine people".

The reality is that the vast majority of people trying to immigrate to America and very fine people. They are hardworking people with resources, by and large, who are escaping political persecution or lifestyles which are unimaginable to the rest of us.

We need the human resource as our job openings are staggering and many of us do not wish to work in those jobs for those wages. To foreigners, these jobs are an opportunity to improve their well-being in a new world. And they work hard to embrace that opportunity.

But our "press" loves to cling to the dramatic issues of people trying to cross borders and enter our system where, yes, there are social benefits. We are a divided population thanks to the right-wing nut jobs who forget their ancestry. Now that "they" are here, nobody else is allowed to follow.

It is fertile ground for stirring arguments, where the reality barely affects any of us on a day-to-day basis--except that there are people willing to improve our well being while improving their own lot in life.

Old 06-15-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Why?

Because we have hundreds of "news" sites trying to capture clicks/eyeballs.

The Dotard made this a hot button issue by blocking certain nations and telling us that the worst of the worst are the people coming to America. You know, those nasty prostitutes, drug dealers, spies, instigators..and "some of them are fine people".

The reality is that the vast majority of people trying to immigrate to America and very fine people. They are hardworking people with resources, by and large, who are escaping political persecution or lifestyles which are unimaginable to the rest of us.

We need the human resource as our job openings are staggering and many of us do not wish to work in those jobs for those wages. To foreigners, these jobs are an opportunity to improve their well-being in a new world. And they work hard to embrace that opportunity.

But our "press" loves to cling to the dramatic issues of people trying to cross borders and enter our system where, yes, there are social benefits. We are a divided population thanks to the right-wing nut jobs who forget their ancestry. Now that "they" are here, nobody else is allowed to follow.

It is fertile ground for stirring arguments, where the reality barely affects any of us on a day-to-day basis--except that there are people willing to improve our well being while improving their own lot in life.
WTH are you talking about? This is the illegal immigration forum not the legal one! We have no issue with the latter it is the former that is objectionable and rightly so!

No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them! Most of these asylum seekers are not fleeing persecution either. Most of them are coming here for economic opportunity on the backs of the the American worker/taxpayer. They are liars and thieves just like the illegal aliens are!

Old 06-15-2023, 12:17 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Trust me, if you live where they have taken jobs away from citizens, where they have overrun the schools, you would not forget that it is wrong. I lived in southern AZ, and also meat/dog food central in KS, and they were nothing more than a burden to the citizens in the area.

Old 06-15-2023, 02:26 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,747,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
It seems pretty point blank that activities like entering a country illegally should be an enforced punishable act. Just deport them. Everyone regardless of political affliction etc should support that. Yet some people are mad about this for some reason? These people tend to twist illegal and legal immigration, racism is often brought up, or they mention that the illegals are doing all the jobs the Americans don't want to do or are too lazy. None of these ideas really make sense, so it seems to me like some just want illegals here to act as serfs.
A lot of it, for me, is because of how it’s talked about by the conservatives in favor of curbing illegal immigration. Trump was one part of that, but others really double down on a lot of stuff which is racism lite, and I don’t think people even realize it. It’s a lot of blanket talk about being criminals or welfare drains, etc. That’s weird to me for Republicans to be a party of individualism yet not be able to recognize it even in illegals. And a lot of that kind of “us-them” talk is around in conservative circles, it’s a very uncomfortable feeling for me.

That said, I have, for much longer, been uncomfortable with Democrats, and am currently a third party voter, which I have been for roughly the last decade. There’s a lot of stupidity with both Demicans and Republicrats, as I call them, and I’d sooner burn the parties down and start anew than touch much of their politics, even the parts I agree with.

Old 06-15-2023, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
A lot of it, for me, is because of how it’s talked about by the conservatives in favor of curbing illegal immigration. Trump was one part of that, but others really double down on a lot of stuff which is racism lite, and I don’t think people even realize it. It’s a lot of blanket talk about being criminals or welfare drains, etc. That’s weird to me for Republicans to be a party of individualism yet not be able to recognize it even in illegals. And a lot of that kind of “us-them” talk is around in conservative circles, it’s a very uncomfortable feeling for me.

That said, I have, for much longer, been uncomfortable with Democrats, and am currently a third party voter, which I have been for roughly the last decade. There’s a lot of stupidity with both Demicans and Republicrats, as I call them, and I’d sooner burn the parties down and start anew than touch much of their politics, even the parts I agree with.
Racism has nothing to do with the illegal immigration issue. There are illegals here from all over the world including the white ones.

They are criminals. First for violating our immigration laws and then for committing felony ID theft and/or tax evasion. Some go on to commit more serious crimes to.

What does "us vs them" even mean in regards to the illegal immigration issue? Law abiders vs law breakers?

Old 06-16-2023, 02:40 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I don't get it either. Like no one would care if some illegal from anywhere other than South America and Mexico got deported for breaking our laws. We put illegal aliens from mexico on a pedestal. They can do no wrong and get the red carpet treatment. Hate to say this but liberal whites eat this sh&t up. Open borders to let in any illegal from Mexico in. Strange.
I don`t put illegals on a pedestal, nor do I hate them.

Old 06-16-2023, 05:54 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times
Default Because the American people are suffering

It is controversial because the American taxpayers are forced to support them, free phones, free clothing, free food, free healthcare, free shelter,etc. With inflation already straining families to provide the basic necessities for the families, we are being taxed to the breaking point. How is AI going to affect people losing jobs?

Old 06-16-2023, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I don`t put illegals on a pedestal, nor do I hate them.
But from your posts you support them.

Old 06-16-2023, 10:46 AM

1,941 posts, read 826,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
It seems pretty point blank that activities like entering a country illegally should be an enforced punishable act. Just deport them.
It's 2023, deporting illegal aliens is now considered ray cyst.

I could have saved a lot of $$$ and about 2 years if I just walked in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration