Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2023, 05:36 PM

4,581 posts, read 2,296,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
It has been nearly one year now since my former neighbour, now 81 years old American born to generations of Americans, has been living in a room inside of someone's business (no kitchen, no loo--he had to take out a gym membership just to have somewhere to bathe every day) with no hope of finding a sliding scale property to lease. His SS is not enough to qualify him for any apartment. I know many Americans in similarly dire situations. Can you imagine how much $40 billion would help poor Americans? Yet, our government is going to spend it to build housing for illegals and refugees.

Can someone tell me how my former neighbour and I can pass as refugees so we can get help? Seriously, there is NOTHING out there. Bell 211 and they will give you the same short list of "resources," i.e. Catholic Charities, the county offices, food pantries, etc., and all of them will tell you they have nothing available to help you. Subsidised housing for Americans has years long wait lists. In the meantime, well you are homeless and vulnerable to crime, disease, hunger, etc. THAT is the reality for Americans who need help.
$40 billion for refugees and 100 plus billion for Ukraine. This is what the democrats and many republican politicians support.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2023, 08:51 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,345,438 times
Politicians are all the same. They do not go into politics to serve. They go into politics to feather their own nests.

Old 08-16-2023, 09:03 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
This is unbelievable. What next? Force Americans to house illegals and refugees in their homes? Maybe they should force Americans out of their homes so the properties can be turned over to illegals and refugees? How much worse is this going to get, folks?!?!?! This is another hard, hard slap in the face to Americans who suffered/suffer from homeless and live in poverty.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden...-border-report
There can be no "last straw". The people have no control over the government, and our rulers have disorganized us to the point that we can't overthrow the government.

Old 08-16-2023, 09:22 PM

4,447 posts, read 5,175,761 times
I guess the average American doesn’t care. Their in debt, the governments in debt, everybody should be allowed in. America the indifferent.

Old 08-17-2023, 01:32 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,609,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I get the weekly update from Senator Marshall (KS), and he is constantly on the job working against the illegal alien mess. He was a Representative for some time, and now is a Senator, where he is "front and center".

Right now, my adult son with developmental disabilities is trying to get into HUD "affordable" housing. There is one or two others in the program he will enter that will be his roommates. The paperwork is stalled, and there is just the one opening, so I am terrified (he is 37 and we are retired+) that someone else will get it, as the city he will go to is already overrun by illegals, and I am sure more arrive everyday. If they have an anchor baby in tow, these citizens with developmental disabilities with families that have paid into the system for decades will have to remain at home, which has become very difficult for aging parents, as waiting lists simply for any services get longer all the time. There is not enough money to fund services for adults with disabilities. Money paid to providers is low, of course that is because there is no money to "spare", so there is a shortage of providers. This also applies to the needs of seniors and the programs/housing for them.

I am so fed up and have been for years. While I express my opinions to my elected officials, and they agree, that along with voting is all that I can think to do.

I will have to say that I was shocked that with HUD affordable housing, at least this provider required an income 3 times the fair market value of the rent as income in order to live in the apartment, and the income had to be one that could be garnished. So, without that income, he needed a co-signor that made at least 5 times the amount of the fair market rental value of the apartment that could be garnished. We are on SS, and do not make that much money, so the program director is signing, saying she has signed for others. So, a light bulb went off "This is why some people end up homeless." I swear I thought this housing was for those living below the poverty line, but evidently not. How many people would have someone to co-sign for them with that income? In KS that would be 150% of the average monthly income of an individual. So, I'm wondering how these illegals are getting in, but there is probably an exception since they have an anchor baby or 5 or 6 of them.

I asked several years ago when told there wasn't money to meet my son's needs in school "So, what, I take him out, become a citizen elsewhere and then come in illegally and then you will get him the services that he needs." I did not get an answer.

What can we do? I do think people are waking up now. Many are feeling the pinch of the economy and seeing these moochers come in isn't going down so well. It was great that TX "spread the wealth" that is illegal immigration to those cities who were "all talk and no action", but sadly now, the expense will fall on us.

I am so fed up.
Merely becoming a citizen of another country wouldn't make one not a citizen of the U.S....so such 'coming back in' wouldn't be as an illegal.

He would have needed to renounce his U.S. citizenship.

Old 08-17-2023, 05:33 AM

63,065 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I guess the average American doesn’t care. Their in debt, the governments in debt, everybody should be allowed in. America the indifferent.
Law abiding, patriotic Americans do care. It's the globalists and bleeding heart liberals that don't care and unfortunately they outnumber us.

Old 08-17-2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Law abiding, patriotic Americans do care. It's the globalists and bleeding heart liberals that don't care and unfortunately they outnumber us.

Do they? Or is the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc, just owned and operated by the left and those that protest end up in jail?

Old 08-17-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Do they? Or is the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc, just owned and operated by the left and those that protest end up in jail?
I don't see millions of pro-Americans in jail for their views. Anti-Americans just outnumber us as I said.

Old 08-17-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't see millions of pro-Americans in jail for their views. Anti-Americans just outnumber us as I said.

I meant that we see what happened to the J6 protesters so pro-Americans may not be too keen on rising up again.

Old 08-17-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I meant that we see what happened to the J6 protesters so pro-Americans may not be too keen on rising up again.
I never suggested an uprising. The ballot box is your best friend but unfortunately we are outnumbered there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration