Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 11:47 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? Why would you desire that? Is it because they are trying to rid themselves of illegal aliens?
I like immigrants a lot more than I like the MAGAs so I`m in favor of swapping them out. We`ll have the immigrants do their paper work and form filling after they`re settled and employed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 12:16 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
This is unbelievable. What next? Force Americans to house illegals and refugees in their homes? Maybe they should force Americans out of their homes so the properties can be turned over to illegals and refugees? How much worse is this going to get, folks?!?!?! This is another hard, hard slap in the face to Americans who suffered/suffer from homeless and live in poverty.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden...-border-report
As you probably know, that's not a reliable news source. Here's the real $40 billion request to Congress:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ional-funding/

It's for Ukraine, FEMA funding, wildfire fighter pay increase, $4 billion total in supplemental funding for border and migration efforts (which some Republicans are in favor of), $2.2 billion of Dept of Homeland Security budget to be allocated for border management operations and shelter and services for migrants released from DHS custody, and a couple of other things.

If Biden had asked Congress for $40B for illegal immigrant housing, do you think there would a chance in hell of getting that from Congress? That's so outrageous & an unbelievable move that it'd be headlines all over the legitimate news sources.

Old 08-18-2023, 12:27 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I like immigrants a lot more than I like the MAGAs so I`m in favor of swapping them out. We`ll have the immigrants do their paper work and form filling after they`re settled and employed.
It doesn't matter that you like illegal aliens or bogus asylum seekers better than the so-called MAGA's as the former has no right to be in our country but the latter does! So you prefer foreign law breakers to American citizens who just happen to have a different political view than yours? Why kind of an American are you, if you are one.

By the way, illegal aliens aren't plain ole immigrants anyway!

Old 08-18-2023, 01:14 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
As you probably know, that's not a reliable news source. Here's the real $40 billion request to Congress:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ional-funding/

It's for Ukraine, FEMA funding, wildfire fighter pay increase, $4 billion total in supplemental funding for border and migration efforts (which some Republicans are in favor of), $2.2 billion of Dept of Homeland Security budget to be allocated for border management operations and shelter and services for migrants released from DHS custody, and a couple of other things.

If Biden had asked Congress for $40B for illegal immigrant housing, do you think there would a chance in hell of getting that from Congress? That's so outrageous & an unbelievable move that it'd be headlines all over the legitimate news sources.
figured it was a puffed up story. 40 billion for housing - no way.

Old 08-18-2023, 03:16 PM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter that you like illegal aliens or bogus asylum seekers better than the so-called MAGA's as the former has no right to be in our country but the latter does! So you prefer foreign law breakers to American citizens who just happen to have a different political view than yours? What kind of an American are you, if you are one.

Old 08-18-2023, 06:44 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter that you like illegal aliens or bogus asylum seekers better than the so-called MAGA's as the former has no right to be in our country but the latter does! So you prefer foreign law breakers to American citizens who just happen to have a different political view than yours? Why kind of an American are you, if you are one.

100 on this post

Old 08-19-2023, 01:05 AM

7,643 posts, read 4,591,848 times
Quote:
True, true, and true. Has anyone ever heard of our government proposing $40 BILLION to bolster care for the homeless, medicaid, medicare, etc.? I have never even heard of such a thing.

In fairness to the government, it does have a mandate to control immigration. That's clearly a Federal Government priority.

Once you're a citizen....if you don't have a home, don't have medical care....it's awesome if there's a solution at hand but an individual's well being isn't necessarily Federal Government scope.

Old 08-19-2023, 02:38 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,330,555 times
The bottom line for me is that we have spent too much on illegals and refugees. The only spending I am in favour of is getting them the hell out of the U.S. I maintain and always will maintain that if they came here illegally, then I do not care how many babies they birthed here, both they and their kids are here illegally. I am far, far from being the only one who feels this way.

I am both amazed and appalled at what the U.S. lets these people get away with whereas other countries would not allow it.

Old 08-19-2023, 05:20 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
The bottom line for me is that we have spent too much on illegals and refugees. The only spending I am in favour of is getting them the hell out of the U.S. I maintain and always will maintain that if they came here illegally, then I do not care how many babies they birthed here, both they and their kids are here illegally. I am far, far from being the only one who feels this way.

I am both amazed and appalled at what the U.S. lets these people get away with whereas other countries would not allow it.
Bingo!!!

Old 08-19-2023, 07:46 AM

2,371 posts, read 2,759,449 times
Quote:
This is unbelievable. What next? Force Americans to house illegals and refugees in their homes? Maybe they should force Americans out of their homes so the properties can be turned over to illegals and refugees? How much worse is this going to get, folks?!?!?! This is another hard, hard slap in the face to Americans who suffered/suffer from homeless and live in poverty.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden...-border-report
This is absolutely nuts. The Greatest Generation is turning in their graves at the mess their kids and grandkids have created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration