Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2023, 07:33 AM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times

Advertisements

An Arizona sheriff who moonlights as a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate has claimed that undocumented migrants are being given $5,000 gift cards after illegally crossing the southern border.

Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb made the claim this week in a video shared to his Senate campaign account on X, formerly Twitter. Lamb said that "our government" was handing the migrants gift cards, cell phones and airline tickets to any domestic destination after entering the country.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...966f6c90&ei=46

No wonder they are coming here in droves! Think of what our own needy citizens could do with a $5,000 gift card from our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2023, 10:41 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,405,754 times
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented migrant ^^ is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist.

Who is footing the bill for this nonsense? I saw some reporter interviewing some illegal aliens asking them where they were going....most knew where they wanted to go in the US. And I think Biden government is footing that bill to transport them to their destination. No wonder our nation debt is over 33 trillion dollars.

Old 12-08-2023, 10:47 AM

814 posts, read 442,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented migrant ^^ is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist.

Who is footing the bill for this nonsense? I saw some reporter interviewing some illegal aliens asking them where they were going....most knew where they wanted to go in the US. And I think Biden government is footing that bill to transport them to their destination. No wonder our nation debt is over 33 trillion dollars.
You should start a thread like this with analogies. That one was perfect...

Like calling a calling a Hamas terrorist a freedom fighter

Old 12-08-2023, 05:44 PM

4,414 posts, read 5,147,018 times
When everyone thinks and becomes apathetic to the notion that the country is running with complete disregard to debt, $5,000 gift cards become a non issue.

Brilliant how they’re rolling out propaganda. And we all know it, like fattened cows or something.

Old 12-08-2023, 06:08 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
IF this is true, I think it would get a lot of reaction if it was put in the main P&OC forum! (I very rarely visit THIS forum.)

Old 12-08-2023, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
IF this is true, I think it would get a lot of reaction if it was put in the main P&OC forum! (I very rarely visit THIS forum.)
I agree but the Mods over there don't like illegal immigration topics posted there as this is the one for it. I personally would like to see them merge these two forums together.

Old 12-09-2023, 05:38 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I have my doubts this is true. It would be horrific if it was. I think its a politician running for office trying to get attention. The Pinal sheriff before Lamb was a big right wing anti immigration dude who in reality was a closeted gay man living with a gay illegal alien. Before that he was a regular on Fox News touting his tough anti illegal posture.

Paul Babeu, the Suddenly Openly Gay Pinal County Sheriff, Vows to Continue Congressional Run, Serve Out Remaining Term as Sheriff -- Despite Mexican Ex-Lover's Insistence That Sheriff's Camp Threatened Him With Deportation

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 12-09-2023 at 05:46 AM..

Old 12-09-2023, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have my doubts this is true. It would be horrific if it was. I think its a politician running for office trying to get attention. The Pinal sheriff before Lamb was a big right wing anti immigration dude who in reality was a closeted gay man living with a gay illegal alien. Before that he was a regular on Fox News touting his tough anti illegal posture.

Paul Babeu, the Suddenly Openly Gay Pinal County Sheriff, Vows to Continue Congressional Run, Serve Out Remaining Term as Sheriff -- Despite Mexican Ex-Lover's Insistence That Sheriff's Camp Threatened Him With Deportation
Your remarks have nothing to do with what poster katharsis said.

Old 12-09-2023, 08:14 AM

9,524 posts, read 16,505,688 times
I have no idea if the migrants receive $5000 gift cards, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I wouldn't be surprised if charities such as Catholic Charities or others, are providing them with such freebies. After all its obvious to anyone that sees these people in public places, they all seem to have phones and some money to spend. Here in Massachusetts that has received several thousand migrants in recent months, some things are becoming blatantly obvious. They all seem to have nice winter coats and always seem to be carrying shopping bags. They are seen waiting for buses and walking in the streets to stores, they are seen in the shopping centers and Malls with bags filled with purchases they made. For people from 3rd World Countries they sure as hell seem to quickly find their way around the area, and spend money or get this that and everything else for free. So that money had to come from somewhere. I know a cashier at a regional grocery store, said they have been showing up in Ubers with their EBT or gift cards and buy the best food. They buy grills to cook in the bathtubs of the motels they stay at, because its to cold outside for them.

Today is the Army Navy Game here at Gillette Stadium in the Foxboro area of Massaschusetts. There are literally thousands of visitors coming to this game, that had reservations at motels and hotels in the state. A certain amount of reservations were all cancelled buy the state, and those rooms were given to the migrants. So hopefully the people with cancelled reservations have found other accomodations, because its a sell out in the hotel world in this state. I would imagine they are booked in rooms as far away as Maine and New Hampshire.

My point is the migrants have received a whole lot more than a $5000 gift card. They have received millions and the money they receive in benefits is so much more than a $5000 gift card. They have displaced people and towns have become financially burdened by them being here. I honestly wonder did our Gov't do this to destroy our way of life, or just what is really going on with all these migrants here. Something is very crooked with this entire border migrant issue. What is scaring me the most is why are the citizens of the US allowing this to continue, and lets face it we are. We complain about it but our words fall on deaf ears with the Federal Gov't. In the case of Massachusetts it falls on deaf ears with our state leaders.

Old 12-09-2023, 08:34 AM

138 posts, read 230,030 times
Default not true

Sometimes you just can't kill a rumor.

https://www.mediamatters.org/immigra...00-debit-cards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration