Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 06:32 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times

Advertisements

Time to Federalize the Texas National guard and order it to Korea or somewhere else far away, then send 1,000 CBP agents and US Marshals to take over the areas seized by Abbott's stupidity. CBP has the authority to process illegal immigrants. The state of Texas does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 07:17 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger500 View Post
All states need to start arresting and deporting illegals. I do not believe it would be in the best interest of the Gov to make states comply with physical force. It will trigger a civil war.
This undoubtedly will trigger some tension. The Cadaver-In-Chief is starting to get some heat from his own party, and we all know that Joe Lieden can't stand the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I only wish that this started 3 years so. Seriously, why did this take so long?
This honestly should have happened in 2000. The border should have ALWAYS been closed, and the penalties from breaching it should have always been severe.

Old 01-12-2024, 08:34 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,666,362 times
Angry Texas is actually stopping unlawful crossing, while CBP cuts their concertina wire and encourages unlawful entry

Here's the latest court filing with all the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Time to Federalize the Texas National guard and order it to Korea or somewhere else far away, then send 1,000 CBP agents and US Marshals to take over the areas seized by Abbott's stupidity. CBP has the authority to process illegal immigrants. The state of Texas does not.
Texas seized the 47-acres held by the city of Eagle Pass because Federal CBP was commandeering the parkland for their own use, but then just using the boat launch and letting illegal immigrants stream through (with minimal "processing").

Texas on the other hand is actually putting some effort into stopping unlawful crossing. Within the 2.5 miles blocked by TNG, there are multiple entry points all of which are now blocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals temporarily halted a lower court order that gave Border Patrol agents legal cover to continue cutting concertina wire that Texas has installed on the banks of the Rio Grande.

Paxton sued the Biden administration in October, claiming that Border Patrol agents illegally destroyed state property when its agents cut through the state’s concertina wire to “assist” migrants to “illegally cross” the border.

About 29 miles of wire have been rolled out in Maverick County, which includes Eagle Pass.

Last edited by Nonesuch; 01-12-2024 at 08:49 PM..

Old 01-12-2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Here's the latest court filing with all the details.

Texas seized the 47-acres held by the city of Eagle Pass because Federal CBP was commandeering the parkland for their own use, but then just using the boat launch and letting illegal immigrants stream through (with minimal "processing").

Texas on the other hand is actually putting some effort into stopping unlawful crossing. Within the 2.5 miles blocked by TNG, there are multiple entry points all of which are now blocked.
States do NOT get to enforce the border. If the Feds choose to allow 300 million immigrants into the country, there is ZERO the states can do about it.

Texas has zero authority to take an illegal immigrant into custody as soon as they hit us soil. that is strictly a Federal responsibility. States have no ability to determine whether any immigrant is illegal or not. State officials are not qualified to determine the immigration or asylum status of anyone.

Last edited by Yac; 01-14-2024 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-13-2024, 04:43 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
States do NOT get to enforce the border. If the Feds choose to allow 300 million immigrants into the country, there is ZERO the states can do about it.

Texas has zero authority to take an illegal immigrant into custody as soon as they hit us soil. that is strictly a Federal responsibility. States have no ability to determine whether any immigrant is illegal or not. State officials are not qualified to determine the immigration or asylum status of anyone.
How many illegals have you taken in - I keep asking this question and never gotten an answer. If you have illegals under your care and are taking care of them financially - then I'm willing to sit down and talk and get your perspective - if not you obviously don't care enough to back up your position.

Old 01-13-2024, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
How many illegals have you taken in - I keep asking this question and never gotten an answer. If you have illegals under your care and are taking care of them financially - then I'm willing to sit down and talk and get your perspective - if not you obviously don't care enough to back up your position.
What are you talking about? Don't be ridiculous. It is not incumbent on anyone to house illegal aliens in their own home, regardless of their perspective on the issue.

Please provide the statute that allows Texas to enforce the border? I won't wait, because you cannot find an applicable law. Please provide the statute that allows Texas to interfere with Federal law enforcement operations. I won't wait for that either. The fact is that CBP is tasked with processing every person who enters the US, regardless of the location. Texas is interfering with that process.

Old 01-13-2024, 07:41 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Good Lord, what a hateful pack of lies by that poster. WTH does ones skin color have to do with this issue anyway? It's about our laws and tax burden that these illegals are imposing on Texas.

Old 01-13-2024, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Good Lord, what a hateful pack of lies by that poster. WTH does ones skin color have to do with this issue anyway? It's about our laws and tax burden that these illegals are imposing on Texas.
Please show the statute that allows Texas to interfere with Federal border enforcement.

Old 01-13-2024, 08:02 AM

6,779 posts, read 9,332,326 times
Quote:

Why so angry?

Do you want illegal aliens to continue to flow into our country, and do you want Eagle Pass to continue to be a mess?

I think it’s amazing that Texas is doing what the Biden Administraiton refuses to do.

Old 01-13-2024, 09:46 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,666,362 times
Post "The Lone Star State has the constitutional right to protect its borders " -- G. Abbott (TX)

Texas Governor Abbott has suggested that the "actually invaded" clause (Article I, Section 10, Clause 3) applies to the Texas border crisis. While that may be a stretch, there is nothing in the law forbidding states from building barriers on the US side of international borders
Quote:
Read Gov. Abbott's letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
In accordance with Article I, § 10, Clause 3 of the U.S. Constitution, I have asserted Texas’s
“sovereign interest in protecting [her] borders.” Arizona v. United States, 567 U.S. 387, 419
(2012) (Scalia, J., dissenting). I have done so in my role as the commander-in-chief of our
State’s militia under Article IV, § 7 of the Texas Constitution. See Abbott v. Biden, 70 F.4th 817,
845 (5th Cir. 2023) (Oldham, J.)
How does a state not have a right to block unlawful border crossing at unprotected borders between the state and a foreign power, while being "actually invaded" to the tune of 10,000 unlawful crossings per day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration