Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:05 PM

164 posts, read 260,484 times

Advertisements

Irish undocumented workers add much to America and deserve ,have earned amnesty as have other groups.

All the groups must join together to achieve the goal.. Simply fair treatment of those who contribute . Amnesty first than citizenship . It is only fair.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:09 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
No problem JDubs. I must have missed that.
I know you weren't here that day, just wanted you to know you were extending undeserved credit.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:12 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,571,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
Irish undocumented workers add much to America and deserve ,have earned amnesty as have other groups.

All the groups must join together to achieve the goal.. Simply fair treatment of those who contribute . Amnesty first than citizenship . It is only fair.
I've often said the same thing. Many of our finest inventions came from the minds of Irish undocumented workers, and they have JUST AS MUCH right to be here as any OTHER undocumented worker.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:41 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,484,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've often said the same thing. Many of our finest inventions came from the minds of Irish undocumented workers, and they have JUST AS MUCH right to be here as any OTHER undocumented worker.
That's right............but I can't seem to recall what those inventions were. Well, whatever they were, I'm sure they were VERY IMPORTANT.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,932,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post

To those that contribute that happen to be illegal aliens will be something that will not make the likes of you happy at all. There will be more violence. Mark my words. That is one reason I am moving my family out of CA. I don't want to be mistaken for an illegal alien. I want people to get to know me before the violence starts.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,571,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
That's right............but I can't seem to recall what those inventions were. Well, whatever they were, I'm sure they were VERY IMPORTANT.
You PROBABLY don't recall much about them, for the simple reason that NON-Irish interlopers stole the credit for them. Probably some legal American with none too many ethics..right? You know...the way we've stolen so many other ideas.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,176,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
To those that contribute that happen to be illegal aliens will be something that will not make the likes of you happy at all. There will be more violence. Mark my words. That is one reason I am moving my family out of CA. I don't want to be mistaken for an illegal alien. I want people to get to know me before the violence starts.
Your fears I touched on a while back on this Forum: that innocent people who look stereotypically 'Latino' (of any race/ethnicity) may be caught in the crossfire between the pro illegal types (race traiter----whether you are Mestizo or not) and the extremist anti illegal crowd (KKK comes to mind).

Old 09-23-2008, 07:10 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,758,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I guess if you don't count him calling me ignorant trash without any provocation from me you would be right. I had been ignoring his deliberate stalking and harrassment that entire day prior to this occurrence. Sorry he is by no means innocent of harrassment and name calling when you criticize the corrupt culture of mexico and its people. I have to strongly disagree.

Would that be before or after you called my mother a "breeder with multiple baby's daddies"?
Or did you forget again Jdubs? In which case I can bring up the posts again.

With that said, I am more than happy show respect as long as I'm shown respect in turn. I appreciate High Springs Gator looking past the debate to speak out against harrassment.

I also get along with a couple of others on the other side of the fence who don't try to be condescending or insulting over a difference of opinions.

But others like yourself, Jw's mom, have a hard time doing that. Youre hardly a victim.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,597,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I might not side with amc760 opinion on all things, but he does not deserve harassment or disrespect; He is always civil on all debates.
The vendido says, "Well, if you SAY so..."

Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,935,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They are both supporters of Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR) -- aka Amnesty. The pathway to citizenship does not require that they "go to the end of the line." Rather, they would be permitted to remain in this country -- at the "head of the line" in front of those who choose to abide by our laws. Amnesty by any euphemism, is still amnesty.
we only have 2 candidates to choose from at the current time with a viable chance of winning so it would be a matter of picking one of these candidates and working the issue on a state by state level. the thread title implies that only mccain represents amnesty and that is far from the truth, since obama has been pro amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.