Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 AM

291 posts, read 414,918 times

Advertisements

Hardworking, no not most from personel experience they work like snails. its part of the feel sorry for myself stuff a way to get paid more for less work.also the quality of work is sub standard.
Few are true tradesman if they are they have a group they supervise to do the labor.

I can tell you years ago when I worked in a factories the latios got mad because I was working faster, was told to stop making them look bad,when in all I was trying to pass the time. I too went to night school after 8-12 hours of work. I still cut my own grass and have no need for cheap half ass workmanship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 PM

50,549 posts, read 47,374,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'11 View Post
when has illegal immigration become an issue of race? pages ago. racist remarks such as "Go back to YOUR OWN COUNTRY, wherever THAT may be!!!" are racist remarks against the hispanic population.
First the Pro-Illegals cry racist when we mention Mexico, Central and S America. Now they are crying racist when we mention all Countries wherever they are.

Endless uses of the racist card, it never ceases to amaze me. It's morphed into 101 uses it has.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,864,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'11 View Post
when has illegal immigration become an issue of race? pages ago. racist remarks such as "Go back to YOUR OWN COUNTRY, wherever THAT may be!!!" are racist remarks against the hispanic population.
How is that racist? "Go Home Gringo" signs and posters in other countries might not be really friendly and welcoming but they are not racist.

Everything isn't about race and when people try to insist that their race (raza) gives them a special right to break the laws then they are the ones who brought race into the discussion.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:49 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How is that racist? "Go Home Gringo" signs and posters in other countries might not be really friendly and welcoming but they are not racist.

Everything isn't about race and when people try to insist that their race (raza) gives them a special right to break the laws then they are the ones who brought race into the discussion.
Never mind that there is no Hispanic 'raza' in the genetic sense.

Why so many Mestizos use weasel words like Hispanic or Latino is beyond me--------------it is as if they are trying to partially deny their Indian heritage due to it not being 'PC' under Hispanic culture.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:38 PM

709 posts, read 1,770,929 times
Quote:
Never mind that there is no Hispanic 'raza' in the genetic sense.

Why so many Mestizos use weasel words like Hispanic or Latino is beyond me--------------it is as if they are trying to partially deny their Indian heritage due to it not being 'PC' under Hispanic culture.
Yeah Hispanics want so badly to be seen as White by the Anglo community.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Yeah Hispanics want so badly to be seen as White by the Anglo community.
Many Latinos will try to play both sides of the 'race card': back in the Jim Crow days; even the 'brown' ones claimed 'White' for obvious reasons----------along with E Indians and in some cases so did Japanese and Chinese heritage people in the Old South.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:41 PM

838 posts, read 924,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
I'm guilty of it- I once defended illegals. I labeled them with statements like, "good people," "friendly," "cultured," and "hard working." Honestly, I had accepted that poor immigrants were excellent workers. Today, I now consider that a false juxtaposition. Look at the facts. ....Why, why, oh WHY do so many people compliment illegal immigrants with.. "They're hard working."?

---------------------------------------------------------
Fact 1:
Asian households on average earn $20,000 more yearly than Hispanic households.

Asian median household income-$55k
White median household income-$48k
Hispanic median household income-$35k

(2005; infoplease.com)

Fact 2:

Illegals make middle class Americans work harder. They increase tax expenditure leaving financial strain on middle America.

Based on the 2006 1st Quarter ICE report, $55,000 is the average lifetime cost per illegal.

12 million X's 55,000=$660,000,000,000.... umm, WOW.(not inflation adjusted)
660 TRILLION DOLLARS.

Still not convinced? ..Final question:

Who works harder?
1. The average illegal immigrant. Who stands in the home depot parking lot on for 3 hours on average chatting with his buddies. He is having a ball! He stands there all day and work comes to him! About 2 small jobs a day. (He does unskilled things like painting, and carpentry.) He makes approx. $12/hour.

OR...

2. The average full-time American college student. Who goes to classes from 9-4. Works on his/her class work from 4-7. then, goes to their night job at Starbucks from 7:30-11:30 to pay off his/her student loans..(She makes $9/hour)
That's right. Speaking of New Port Beach, at the Harbor Justice Court there illegal aliens not afraid to go into court after being charged with multiple traffic infractions and broken parts like headlights, forged drivers licenses and social security cards, alias names, lies galore and then everything is dismissed. They are not in the shadows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration