Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
So would you disagree that the same 10-15 posters come to the immigration forum and complain about their ruined neighborhoods (without regard to perhaps their location is no longer desirable or new development is elswhere), complain about this Hispanic and that Hispanic (and not always distinguishing between legals and illegals), complain about this and that problem (and often times not negatively relavent to illegal immigration), and ultimately paint all illegal immigrants with a broad brush and spewing hatred for an entire group of people?

Because that's what I was implying about a "cesspool of hatred". I haven't yet seen someone that is staunchly anti-immigration make a distinction between the people and the action. And, I don't know about you, but the religion I follow teaches that as one of the most defining principles of life. It may do some of you well (and your blood pressure) to befriend an illegal immigrant and have an objective conversation with them. You know, get to know their point of view without jumping to call INS first.
You seem to be the one whose blood pressure is splaying out your ears ................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 07:33 PM

355 posts, read 843,178 times
Really? Because I don't let the thought of the "brown invasion" consume my entire outlook of national or international politics or my personal life. And the audacity of that statment, need I say more? Do you care to respond to my points about the overwhelming hatred exhibited in this sub-forum?

P.S. I also happen to have a healthy but low blood pressure and BPM. What can I say, I'm an athlete.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:45 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,754 times
Quote:
Really? Because I don't let the thought of the "brown invasion" consume my entire outlook of national or international politics or my personal life. And the audacity of that statment, need I say more? Do you care to respond to my points about the overwhelming hatred exhibited in this sub-forum?

P.S. I also happen to have a healthy but low blood pressure and BPM. What can I say, I'm an athlete.
No doubt you get alot of exercise swimming back and forth across the Rio Grande.
What you exhibit towards anyone who refuses to condone endless millions of uneducated and unskilled illegal aliens sneaking into our country isn't hate?
You seem to expect people to simply accept this flagrant abuse of our immigration system (and everything else) as some sort of inevitable event. Sorry, I don't. I am not interested in seeing my country overrun by illegal aliens who, for the most part, have very little to contribute and seem mainly interested in what they can get. Standing firm in defense of your country is a course of conduct that is undoubtedly viewed as beneath contempt by you and those like you, isn't it? How could the idea of protecting one's homeland find acceptance in a community that sees justice in every cause except it's own? This is a shame because throughout history soldiers and heroic civilians have made the decision to stand fast and even die in defense of the principles so blithely betrayed by individuals like yourself. And you laugh at rural Americans and those who live in the Midwest. Even if your beloved illegals succeed in turning every major city of the US into a replica of Mexico City, eventually they are going to run out of food and have to go out into the rural areas of this country. And that is when they will meet the people who can call themselves Americans . On our turf. And on our terms.

Last edited by andreabeth; 02-20-2007 at 09:25 PM..

Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 PM

332 posts, read 450,120 times
Quote:
So would you disagree that the same 10-15 posters come to the immigration forum and complain about their ruined neighborhoods (without regard to perhaps their location is no longer desirable or new development is elswhere), complain about this Hispanic and that Hispanic (and not always distinguishing between legals and illegals), complain about this and that problem (and often times not negatively relavent to illegal immigration), and ultimately paint all illegal immigrants with a broad brush and spewing hatred for an entire group of people?

Because that's what I was implying about a "cesspool of hatred". I haven't yet seen someone that is staunchly anti-immigration make a distinction between the people and the action. And, I don't know about you, but the religion I follow teaches that as one of the most defining principles of life. It may do some of you well (and your blood pressure) to befriend an illegal immigrant and have an objective conversation with them. You know, get to know their point of view without jumping to call INS first.
Amavel, people like you misunderstand what were trying to get across. It isn't like we go out on the streets and spit on them and call them names, we just happen to hate the fact that not only are they illegal, but they get a lot of things for "Free!"
It's nice of you to go out and friend illegals, but not everyone has that type of personality. You say your agianst it but yet you steadily defend them and criticize those who are agianst illegal immigration.

Well I have a question for you...How do you expect us all to cope with the ideal that American is being invaded and the government isn't doing anything about it!?!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:11 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,087,812 times
Just simply looking onto forums, anywhere on this entire city-data website, it is full of Americans sick and tired of the illegal aliens. Ofcourse this is one of many websites full of this type of discussion.

There will be a reckoning in this country. We cant keep up with this invasion, its now overrun and into almost every city and town in America.

With all the jobs going over seas, and all the illegals taking up "all the jobs Americans wont work", there will be only 3 classes left in this country.

1. The upper class.

2. The once proud American back bone, "blue collar" worker. Who now works 16 hour days to make ends meet.

3. Illegal aliens.

If there are an estimated 20 million illegals in America, then there must 20 million jobs that were always empty because Americans wouldnt work them.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,471,937 times
There's a point where you can't get past an individual(s) ignorance.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:09 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,498,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I agree, some people are just plain ignorant. Gov. Dufus wants to start shipping out some of your hard working friends to prisons in other states. Tell the man you have enough supporters here in the forum and would like these people to remain in CA....we don't want them.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/s...v=menu374_2_13

The U.S. Justice Department estimated that 270,000 illegal immigrants served jail time nationally in 2003. Of those, 108,000 were in California. Some estimates show illegals now make up half of California's prison population, creating a massive criminal subculture that strains state budgets and creates a nightmare for local police forces

As to the "hard-working" claim, CIS notes: "The proportion of immigrant-headed households using at least one major welfare program is 24.5 percent compared to 16.3 percent for native households."

Investor's Business Daily concurs: "Once [illegals] get here, they are 50 percent more likely to be on welfare than citizens

Last edited by Yac; 02-21-2007 at 10:05 AM..

Old 02-21-2007, 06:57 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,684,342 times
Quote:

Then please explain it to me. Why is it once realy nice neighborhoods that had well taken care of houses and yards, now are populated by hispanics (sorry thats what we have here) are messy, garbage strewn, graffitti ( in spanish) houses rotting away. Why is that, in almost EVERY neighborhood is like that where they are.

I dont care if they are brown green yellow or what, "white trash" bothers me to no end as well but they are americans so I must deal with it, but we dont need more mess, just because you maybe poor doesnt mean you need to live like pigs, clean up your yard for cripes sake!!!

And again for the millionth time, I do have conversations with them everyday, and for the most part they all tell me they dont care about us, they will go back home and retire nicely. Their families are there. They are not poor here, most have quite the stash, as one put it. Some are very polite and nice, but most harrrass me as a woman everytime I go there to check my job. So yes I have had enough dealings with them, thanks.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 AM

2,218 posts, read 5,399,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I agree, some people are just plain ignorant. Gov. Dufus wants to start shipping out some of your hard working friends to prisons in other states. Tell the man you have enough supporters here in the forum and would like these people to remain in CA....we don't want them.

My Governor signed a contract with the Governator to get prisoners from CA. And what's even better is... I live about an hour from where the prison is... Freaks me the crap out!

However it said that they can't do that in the story... It still doesn't make me feel any better. If there's a will there's a way.

Last edited by Yac; 02-21-2007 at 10:06 AM..

Old 02-21-2007, 01:41 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,498,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post

My Governor signed a contract with the Governator to get prisoners from CA. And what's even better is... I live about an hour from where the prison is... Freaks me the crap out!

However it said that they can't do that in the story... It still doesn't make me feel any better. If there's a will there's a way.

I think Arnold wants to ship some of his prison gangs out for other states to worry about,give them to LA and SF since they have sanctuaries for these type people. I'm sure you're right about *if there's a will there'a a way* somebody will find a loophole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration