Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,977,982 times

Advertisements

Do you think they would have done a better job than illegal Hispanic immigrants when it comes to learning English and assimilating into American society ? How do you think the quality of life in Los Angeles for example would be like if they were the city with the second largest Russian population in the world, second only to Moscow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 02:08 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,243,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Do you think they would have done a better job than illegal Hispanic immigrants when it comes to learning English and assimilating into American society ? How do you think the quality of life in Los Angeles for example would be like if they were the city with the second largest Russian population in the world, second only to Moscow.
If anything: despite Russians being 'Anglo'; I honestly think they would be deported a lot more quickly. Why I say that is Russian culture is more militaristic than Mexico's hence a much greater chance of violent conflict.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,033,952 times
No, the thing is, they don't NOT assimilate because they don't want to, it is because they don't have to.

I can guarantee you if there were the same populations of russians here, it would be exactly the same situation with the Russian language.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:57 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,977,982 times
Quote:
If anything: despite Russians being 'Anglo'; I honestly think they would be deported a lot more quickly. Why I say that is Russian culture is more militaristic than Mexico's hence a much greater chance of violent conflict.
Have you ever met any Russians in Arizona ?

Old 01-13-2009, 03:06 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,594,333 times
I don't know, Jeff..WHAT IF?....What if my cat was my dog?....What if the US was Mexico, and Mexico was the US?

WHAT IF.....indeed....??

Old 01-13-2009, 03:20 PM

956 posts, read 3,009,298 times
Quote:
Do you think they would have done a better job than illegal Hispanic immigrants when it comes to learning English and assimilating into American society ?
Yes.

Quote:
How do you think the quality of life in Los Angeles for example would be like if they were the city with the second largest Russian population in the world, second only to Moscow.
Just fine. Even low income Russians don't defile their own living space.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,243,871 times
Quote:
Have you ever met any Russians in Arizona ?
Remember here in Arizona: any non Hispanic White is counted as 'Anglo'

Old 01-13-2009, 04:08 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,632,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Yes.

Just fine. Even low income Russians don't defile their own living space.
and you know that because....?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Russians have a strong criminal origination.

Correct me if I'm wrong but young Russians in Moscow (in Russia) often live in abandoned buildings because they cannot afford rent ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but Russians often stick their mentally ill people in horrible institutions that would make Guantanamo Bay look like day camp.

Did you know there are 100,000 homeless in Moscow?

you simply spew nonsense with no substance to back it up...

Old 01-13-2009, 04:19 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,696,743 times
Quote:
look to the sacremento area and you will get your answer. lots of russians have moved there for some reason.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,594,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
look to the sacremento area and you will get your answer. lots of russians have moved there for some reason.
If that's the case, why don't these people organize for their rights? Didn't Russia once "own" California (google "Fort Ross").....didn't they own Alaska, as well? I'm surprised these Russians don't want to 'take back' their lands....the lands that 'their people' lost.

They must not be very dedicated Russians...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration